First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply New Winter Titles: Divorce Chaser and NO-RIN UPDATED TERRITORIES
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Online
Posted 1/10/14
So we might get NO-RIN in the US but I won't be able to understand it because I don't speak German or French? Well that's just wonderful -_-
28479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 1/10/14

rentadawg wrote:

I'm in the US and I can add NO-RIN to my queue, so that means it's subbed in English right?


If you look at the description though it tells you that it's unavailable in our region
57656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Buried under a pi...
Offline
Posted 1/10/14
It would be a first if something did NOT include North America since Crunchy's located in San Francisco. (Isn't it? The fact that a show isn't available in North America possibly? ) Hopefully more detailed information will be forthcoming, but it would be disappointing if NO-RIN is not available with English subtitles, cause I'd like to watch it on here. If I can't, oh well, my backlog is ginormous anyway. If it IS true that NO-RIN doesn't have English subs and isn't available in North America, I really hope it's just an isolated incident.
The Wise Wizard
99891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/10/14

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:

So we might get NO-RIN in the US but I won't be able to understand it because I don't speak German or French? Well that's just wonderful -_-


If it IS true that NO-RIN doesn't have English subs and isn't available in North America, I really hope it's just an isolated incident.

It is already available in the US (and Canada) with English subs, just not on CR:
http://www.funimation.com/shows/no-rin/videos/anime

57656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Buried under a pi...
Offline
Posted 1/10/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:

So we might get NO-RIN in the US but I won't be able to understand it because I don't speak German or French? Well that's just wonderful -_-


If it IS true that NO-RIN doesn't have English subs and isn't available in North America, I really hope it's just an isolated incident.

It is already available in the US (and Canada) with English subs, just not on CR:
http://www.funimation.com/shows/no-rin/videos/anime



I know, but I don't like Funimation's player or Hulu if it ends up on there. If it's not on Crunchy, I don't bother. But thanks anyway.
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Online
Posted 1/10/14

Art-chan wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:

So we might get NO-RIN in the US but I won't be able to understand it because I don't speak German or French? Well that's just wonderful -_-


If it IS true that NO-RIN doesn't have English subs and isn't available in North America, I really hope it's just an isolated incident.

It is already available in the US (and Canada) with English subs, just not on CR:
http://www.funimation.com/shows/no-rin/videos/anime



I know, but I don't like Funimation's player or Hulu if it ends up on there. If it's not on Crunchy, I don't bother. But thanks anyway.


You're not the only one. Plus without Crunchy I can't watch it on my Xbox!
52081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F
Offline
Posted 1/10/14
All of the simulcast boxes are full now, but you say to expect more announcements. Any chance of HappinessCharge! Precure? It's the only major Toei series not being simulcast.
37743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14
Lol at all the Americans going ballistic about the fact that something they can already watch isn't going to be made available to them here as well.

Well done to CR in doing this. We need to see more of this sort of thing. Just next time try to get it for Spanish/Portuguese territories and in English for UK/Ireland and Aus/NZ as well please?
38662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
I never understood the whole pointless US vs Europe thing. I find it childish and ignorant. Although I usually see more Americans doing it than Europe, guess there has to be at least one European out there to troll or argue.

Even if they don't get it here, its not like it will stop me from watching it. I've been watching anime long before Crunchyroll and will continue regardless if this service is still around. I love CR and find it way better than other services and is the main reason why I chose to sub. I'm not really disappointed to be honest, they already gave us a ton of great shows for the season. No Rin will just have to be watched by other means.
9488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Paderborn
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14

krioni87 wrote:

I never understood the whole pointless US vs Europe thing. I find it childish and ignorant. Although I usually see more Americans doing it than Europe, guess there has to be at least one European out there to troll or argue.


Pretty much. Regardless of who gets to watch which shows, there'll almost always be a few people who wind up getting the short end of the stick. However, everyone should be able to understand that disappointment since we're sitting in the same boat here, so arguing about it seems pointless. Instead of bickering with each other we should all just come to realize that law hasn't quite caught up with these times yet, but give it a few more years and things might change for the better. Things have changed tremendously already, so it's not like we're not making progress as far as legal Anime streams are concerned.

Regardless, it is unfortunate that some shows remain inaccessible to a few people (and being from Germany I know just how unfortunate it gets) as a result, but trust me, you'll live. In the past, I used to be irritated by being unable to watch certain shows in Germany, but ultimately, you're not doing yourself a favour - appreciate what you get and don't dwell on what you don't get.
14127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 1/11/14
A bit of a disappointment, but I guess all we can do is wait and hope now. No-rin was the last show I wanted to have on my que and crunchy got EVERYTHING ELSE so I guess I cant complain too much, but still, its a bit of a bummer.
24019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / São Paulo, Brazil
Offline
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14

mellickson wrote:

Why bother announcing this if it's not going to be subtitled in English? Way to waste a slot on the line-up.

Haha, now you know how it is.
The Wise Wizard
99891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

Ojamajo_LimePie wrote:

All of the simulcast boxes are full now, but you say to expect more announcements. Any chance of HappinessCharge! Precure? It's the only major Toei series not being simulcast.

Historical precedent says no, but I'm willing for CR to surprise us. I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one, however.

As all the other standard length series are spoken for (except for Youkai Watch), I see three possibilities for the next announcement:

1. A short form anime that has already premiered.

2. A live action drama.

3. Another series that Funimation has, possibly again in languages other than English.




kuuderes_shadow wrote:

Well done to CR in doing this. We need to see more of this sort of thing. Just next time try to get it for Spanish/Portuguese territories and in English for UK/Ireland and Aus/NZ as well please?

I wouldn't be surprised if Funimation had all the English language rights. Despite being only concerned with the US/Canada market, my understanding is they have sometimes done this in the past, and then later re-licensed rights to companies in other countries (i.e., UK, New Zealand, Australia).

I see this as some compensation for those French and German speaking countries in Europe that were specifically excluded from at least a couple of series this season. Normally the economics don't permit this, so either CR is experimenting with greenlining, or they got a special deal from the publisher.

No doubt persons in the UK would love to see some similar "compensation", but as noted in the first paragraph, sometimes Funimation can be a problem even in markets they don't appear to care about. For anyone that doubts this, just ask yourself why it so infrequent that a UK service picks up a title licensed in North America by Funimation, where they wouldn't have to bid against CR for such a title.

37743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 1/11/14

TheAncientOne wrote:

kuuderes_shadow wrote:

Well done to CR in doing this. We need to see more of this sort of thing. Just next time try to get it for Spanish/Portuguese territories and in English for UK/Ireland and Aus/NZ as well please?

I wouldn't be surprised if Funimation had all the English language rights. Despite being only concerned with the US/Canada market, my understanding is they have sometimes done this in the past, and then later re-licensed rights to companies in other countries (i.e., UK, New Zealand, Australia).

I see this as some compensation for those French and German speaking countries in Europe that were specifically excluded from at least a couple of series this season. Normally the economics don't permit this, so either CR is experimenting with greenlining, or they got a special deal from the publisher.

No doubt persons in the UK would love to see some similar "compensation", but as noted in the first paragraph, sometimes Funimation can be a problem even in markets they don't appear to care about. For anyone that doubts this, just ask yourself why it so infrequent that a UK service picks up a title licensed in North America by Funimation, where they wouldn't have to bid against CR for such a title.



Yup. It's also worth noting that the of the three titles acquired in the US by Funimation that AoD managed to get their hands on during their time in existence, none of them have made the transition to Animax.

Other than that, before this season Shingeki no Kyojin was the only Funimation series to make it to streaming in the UK since they stopped giving us stuff through youtube at the end of 2011.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Online
Posted 1/11/14 , edited 1/11/14

Ang3lOfLight wrote:

Really French and German countries only? what about North America? This I don't like going back to Funi My world is officially ruined



More information on launch time and territories will be announced later


Maybe you should read before you post As of right now it's only been confirmed to have German and French subtitles
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.