First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Will you be able to sleep comfortably at night knowing someone loves something you hate?!
49109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/14 , edited 1/12/14
I agree that people can respect each others interests.Characterizing the people that disagree with you as," anti American" ,contradicts that. Historically, in the US, this type of rhetoric has been used to persecute and discriminate.I too have been an avid hunter,gun owner /enthusiast for well over 45 years. I sleep quite well at night knowing some people voice a strong objection to it.It's when this country quits allowing opposition viewpoints is when I'll develop insomnia.Incidentally ,I now garden extensively .You can rest assured that no carrot was injured while I typed this post.
4761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/14

kaname08 wrote:

i don't really care if they hate something i love or v.v., i like sleeping so i will sleep if i want to


This is the least profound yet most accurate response
21009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Šumeru.
Offline
Posted 1/12/14
Your threads are the worst. I despise them.
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 1/12/14

dmguaragno wrote:

I do wish that those who are anti guns, anti hunting, anti American would find some other more productive hobby and leave me and my interests alone.


All anti gun and anti American should go take a hike.
80255 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / pergatory
Offline
Posted 1/12/14

Thfelese wrote:


dmguaragno wrote:

I do wish that those who are anti guns, anti hunting, anti American would find some other more productive hobby and leave me and my interests alone.


All anti gun and anti American should go take a hike.


I would not go so far as to tell them to "go take a hike" in other words "get out". They have as much right to be here and voice their opinion as I do, but if the actually did take up hiking, it would, in my opinion be a much better use of their time! Hiking is a great activity that takes you places and provides experiences you can not achieve any other way! Otherwise, thanks for your support!
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 1/12/14

dmguaragno wrote:


Thfelese wrote:


dmguaragno wrote:

I do wish that those who are anti guns, anti hunting, anti American would find some other more productive hobby and leave me and my interests alone.


All anti gun and anti American should go take a hike.


I would not go so far as to tell them to "go take a hike" in other words "get out". They have as much right to be here and voice their opinion as I do, but if the actually did take up hiking, it would, in my opinion be a much better use of their time! Hiking is a great activity that takes you places and provides experiences you can not achieve any other way! Otherwise, thanks for your support!


No problem on this, i got your back any time.
Sogno- 
45724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/12/14
people hate what I love?? they like what I hate? What is this blasphemy , I must stay awake all night and hunt such evil doers down
42419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/12/14

Shukuzen wrote:

Your threads are the worst. I despise them.



Did you have a tough time sleeping at night?
23631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/12/14
Doesn't bother me in the slightest. It just boosts my own narcissistic ways! I will let people like their silly things cause I got my awesome and sleep comfortable day or night or whenever I feel like it.

(-_-)Zzzzzzz
3259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fenix, AZ
Offline
Posted 1/12/14 , edited 1/12/14
nope, people are stupid.

and stupid people that let other stupid people dictate how/what they think are on a level of stupid that i cant comprehend.
47032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/12/14 , edited 1/12/14

I thought we knew that every human being on the planet has different opinions, likes, and dislikes. Apparently, no one cares about that because they still question "why does he/she like this?" or "why he/she dislike that?"


Unfortunately, not everyone can do a contextualized autobiography and full ethnographic self-study every time they post an opinion. Despite how that might make a great read (or watch, as there are some youtube series structured this way). As such, I prefer to give strangers the benefit of the doubt on their positions unless they state something counter-factual or deliberately insulting.

Close friends and family, though....that's a bit harder. I think it pays to be a little self-aware and, as you say, keep in mind that people have different opinions. But if someone asks "why?", I do think you should consider doing some ground work on an answer. Admittedly, doing that for whatever random TV show you like is probably above and beyond, as there are more important things that need the scrutiny.
42419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/12/14

rockadilla wrote:

nope, people are stupid.

and stupid people that let other stupid people dictate how/what they think are on a level of stupid that i cant comprehend.



You enjoy using the word stupid don't ya?

3259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fenix, AZ
Offline
Posted 1/12/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


rockadilla wrote:

nope, people are stupid.

and stupid people that let other stupid people dictate how/what they think are on a level of stupid that i cant comprehend.



You enjoy using the word stupid don't ya?



it felt like the correct terminology, and i didnt feel like coming up with 4 different words that meant the same thing
42419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/12/14



I see. This is something I thought of for some time probably because I dislike confrontation on a verbal level. Everyone has their opinion which is true I just don't really like debating over it. I'll hear another person's opinion yet I don't care too much to say my own. Just saying.
Posted 1/12/14
Yes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.