First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
Post Reply What Are Your Thoughts on Racism?
14789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Winding Circle
Offline
Posted 3/1/14
I don't think it's big but I think what the person's getting at is that horoscopes claim that say Aquarius people aren't compatible with Leo people (I don't think that's one of them though I didn't check), or that Aries people are air headed (again not sure if that's true), and people may use that to decide things, like "Oh... I'm a Taurus, so am I compatible with this guy I want to be my boyfriend... he's a Virgo..." Some people believe it or not do base things off of their horoscope. I usually just use them as a source of amusement. I suppose in a way it could be discrimination, but it's not nearly as important as racism and the more common ones since I've never heard of it before.

Blood type... I've never heard of discrimination here before. Not even sure how it'd even work since blood types never come up in regular conversation, I only know mine because I've donated blood.

3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 3/1/14 , edited 3/1/14

eminem1967 wrote:

um no i dont smart ass btw 60% of crime usa wide is black people


And you think that:

1. Has something to do with racial predisposition towards crime?
2. Has nothing to do with culture?
3. Has nothing to do with economy (or lack thereof)?
4. Blacks are somehow incapable or less capable of being intelligent and civilized?
5. The ones who do not commit crimes don't wish that they could influence all the others so that they didn't have to be looked down upon and thrown in together with all the scumbags who share their ethnicity by morons like you simply because they have the same skin color?

Give me a fucking break...




Ouzoathena11 wrote:

I don't think it's big but I think what the person's getting at is that horoscopes claim that say Aquarius people aren't compatible with Leo people (I don't think that's one of them though I didn't check), or that Aries people are air headed (again not sure if that's true), and people may use that to decide things, like "Oh... I'm a Taurus, so am I compatible with this guy I want to be my boyfriend... he's a Virgo..." Some people believe it or not do base things off of their horoscope. I usually just use them as a source of amusement. I suppose in a way it could be discrimination, but it's not nearly as important as racism and the more common ones since I've never heard of it before.

Blood type... I've never heard of discrimination here before. Not even sure how it'd even work since blood types never come up in regular conversation, I only know mine because I've donated blood.



That is... so unbelievably stupid.
12011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/1/14
I remember I went to a mixed race middle school. I had the highest score in every subject matter during our graduation ceremony. I will never forget being pushed down a flight of stairs and being called a "filthy poor nigger" while leaving by some white boy. Do I hate white people NOPE. It's ok. But the struggles of Blacks in the south are sometimes unfathomable. Do I dislike whites.....NOPE...
12011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/1/14
Actually the Blood type thing is a very VALID concern. Particlar blood types make it nearly impossible to concieve a baby together........
14789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Winding Circle
Offline
Posted 3/1/14
how does that tie into discrimination then?
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 3/1/14
The way I see it is we all bleed, we all cry, we ARE ALL HUMAN
273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 3/16/14
I hate racism in general and think it's pretty stupid. But you wanna know something even more stupid? When people hate on interracial couples.

While I understand that it does turn a few heads when out in public, these days I'm hoping that it's easing into being a neutral subject. Although while out and about I'll still here the occasional person comment "Look at that girl with that black dude. They look so weird together" or "Look at that Asian Chick with that Black Man, or better still "The White Guy with the Black Woman/Asian Woman" to me it really, REALLY is stupid.

Sadly coming up I often got made fun of for being black. I got placed in a stereotypical slot because I was black, and one guy even said "I don't date black women because they're rude". It really put me in a depressed state of mind for awhile. That because I was "different", I would never quite fit in anywhere. However I'm coming to realize that the world these days is so ridiculously diverse, that it's pretty dumb to diss someone on their race. Different races are beautiful, and we're meant to interact with each other. Why isolate yourself based on pre-assumed judgement? Every race is beautiful.
14714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Zuellni
Offline
Posted 3/16/14

Sankirasan wrote:

I hate racism in general and think it's pretty stupid. But you wanna know something even more stupid? When people hate on interracial couples.

While I understand that it does turn a few heads when out in public, these days I'm hoping that it's easing into being a neutral subject. Although while out and about I'll still here the occasional person comment "Look at that girl with that black dude. They look so weird together" or "Look at that Asian Chick with that Black Man, or better still "The White Guy with the Black Woman/Asian Woman" to me it really, REALLY is stupid.

Sadly coming up I often got made fun of for being black. I got placed in a stereotypical slot because I was black, and one guy even said "I don't date black women because they're rude". It really put me in a depressed state of mind for awhile. That because I was "different", I would never quite fit in anywhere. However I'm coming to realize that the world these days is so ridiculously diverse, that it's pretty dumb to diss someone on their race. Different races are beautiful, and we're meant to interact with each other. Why isolate yourself based on pre-assumed judgement? Every race is beautiful.


This. Nothing good or positive or right about racism. Learn to love, accept, and celebrate our differences. They're what makes this world so great.
273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 3/16/14

mdmzero0 wrote:


Sankirasan wrote:

I hate racism in general and think it's pretty stupid. But you wanna know something even more stupid? When people hate on interracial couples.

While I understand that it does turn a few heads when out in public, these days I'm hoping that it's easing into being a neutral subject. Although while out and about I'll still here the occasional person comment "Look at that girl with that black dude. They look so weird together" or "Look at that Asian Chick with that Black Man, or better still "The White Guy with the Black Woman/Asian Woman" to me it really, REALLY is stupid.

Sadly coming up I often got made fun of for being black. I got placed in a stereotypical slot because I was black, and one guy even said "I don't date black women because they're rude". It really put me in a depressed state of mind for awhile. That because I was "different", I would never quite fit in anywhere. However I'm coming to realize that the world these days is so ridiculously diverse, that it's pretty dumb to diss someone on their race. Different races are beautiful, and we're meant to interact with each other. Why isolate yourself based on pre-assumed judgement? Every race is beautiful.


This. Nothing good or positive or right about racism. Learn to love, accept, and celebrate our differences. They're what makes this world so great.


It's a constant battle, but with each acceptance I find that we're one step closer to equality. Of course there will always be differences, and people with their own opinions. But as long as mine's good with others who think about the same way I have no regrets.
14714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Zuellni
Offline
Posted 3/16/14

Sankirasan wrote:


It's a constant battle, but with each acceptance I find that we're one step closer to equality. Of course there will always be differences, and people with their own opinions. But as long as mine's good with others who think about the same way I have no regrets.


I'm Caucasian, so I can't pretend to have experienced what you have, but I have a good friend who is African American and likes to have intellectual debates/talks about things like race, religion, stereotypes, etc., and I think talking with her has really helped me open up my eyes a bit more. No one is perfect, but it still helps to try!
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 3/21/14 , edited 3/21/14

Sankirasan wrote:

I hate racism in general and think it's pretty stupid. But you wanna know something even more stupid? When people hate on interracial couples.
This is very common with Asian girl and White guy couples. Many Asian guys seem to hate, HATE it when Asian girls date white guys. A lot of them seem to have this mentality that tells them that because they are of the same race, Asian girls should be only dating Asian guys. Like a kind of ownership? It's really disturbing quite honestly.
273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 3/23/14 , edited 3/23/14

FlyinDumpling wrote:


Sankirasan wrote:

I hate racism in general and think it's pretty stupid. But you wanna know something even more stupid? When people hate on interracial couples.
This is very common with Asian girl and White guy couples. Many Asian guys seem to hate, HATE it when Asian girls date white guys. A lot of them seem to have this mentality that tells them that because they are of the same race, Asian girls should be only dating Asian guys. Like a kind of ownership? It's really disturbing quite honestly.


It is very disturbing. And I even find it quite offensive. The stereotypes that we have to put up with these days are ridiculous.
5739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/23/14
Ignorance, plain and simple.
2684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / iowa
Offline
Posted 3/28/14
When I lived in Chicago I didn't think racism was that big of a deal. But then I moved to a small school system I Iowa and it's just sad. All the blacks that have gone to my school has been chased out. And it's not jus the school system and students, it's the community too. I have Mexican cousins and black friends so get upset when I here those kinds of things. The bad thing is in smaller towns where I live it's just how the people are raised and bred. Then they pass it along to their kids and it is just a cycle of hatred that they don't even understand. I was shocked to here racist comments because where I used to live you probably would get shanked saying. Racism is just a cycle of hatred and I hope one day we will all be equal and I believe that starts with the children. Teach the children to love and accept others the way they are then they will pass it down to their kids and eventually in the distant future everyone will be equal.
193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / U.S.A. OH
Offline
Posted 3/28/14 , edited 3/28/14
I hate it... I think it's dumb, We're all trapped on this awful earth to live out our lives and you're going to judge some one because of difference in color.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.