First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Straight men who love shoujo
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Yugoslavia
Offline
Posted 1/14/14 , edited 1/14/14
"White Album" is a shounen, not a shoujo. You even specifically said "Season 1". S1 of White Album was adapted from an EROGE game and one of the genres is HAREM, something you NEVER see in shoujo (If you do, it's more than likely a reverse harem, not a harem). You are free to Google it if you don't believe me.

To be honest, I will not watch shoujo under any circumstance. Now, don't go hating on me, everybody is entitled to their own opinion's. I only even bothered to reply to this post was because you mislabeled "White Album" as shoujo. I hope you correct this instead of countering your own thread.

EDIT: I am a male FYI.
22482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 1/14/14 , edited 1/14/14

HauAreWe wrote:


Felstalker wrote:

Shoujo and Seinen have heavy tonal overlaps. Both often have to do with romance....and little girls.

The major difference between the two, Shoujo often romanticizes it's characters and events.

Seinen however, the relationships happen, and it's rather realistic.


So I went through a long list of seinen anime and decided, no, the relationships in them are not realistic in any way and are in fact far more idealized (to one extreme or another.) If anything the "relationships happening" are unrealisticly disproportionate in all of the ones I recognize.

Perhaps the relationships in them just appeal to you more, as you say?


That's how I was taught it at least. Both are accounts of fiction regardless, and fictional romances are written by people.

People are crazy, and nothing is too realistic or unrealistic regarding romances. It's a strange subject.

Perhaps I said it too stupidly? Shoujo is a focus on the idea of romance, while Seinen focuses on the events of a romance.

Maaaybe I got it across?
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 1/14/14 , edited 1/14/14

Felstalker wrote:
Shoujo is a focus on the idea of romance, while Seinen focuses on the events of a romance.


That works.
One is the idealistic lead-up to romance and one is idealistic "dates" or "romantic drama." Whose ideals depends on the author.

Makes sense.
5739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/16/14 , edited 3/26/15
My motto is: Who gives a fuck?

Because really, anyone can enjoy anything regardless of their gender or sexuality. Shoujo may be TARGETED at young girls, but if you're an older guy and you can find enjoyment in it, then cool. Whatever floats your boat, man.
1078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
I'm confident enough on my sexuality to watch a decent shoujo or read a shoujo manga. I'm in love with the mangas Love so Life and Dengeki Daisy right now though Love so Life is my fovorite by far, Shiharu is a doll but sometimes you just wanna shake her and say "Calm down for gods sake you're over thinking it!" But the love interest is a little weird for me, I genuinely feel Matsugana should adopt her and let her stay with the twins instead of acting like a school boy around her. When it talks about the past before her mother died you also feel a little sad because she's known what being in a family is like but after living in the orphanage for 11 years she's forgotten how to act in one.

So yeah I'm a fan haha
24709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M /
Offline
Posted 3/26/15
I like what I like. I don't care how a show is labeled. If I like the show I will watch it.

4728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/26/15

kitsuneshoujo wrote:


Miku_Fan_39 wrote:

I love me my shoujo anime! what wrong with that? nothing. you wouldn't give a crap about a girl that likes to watch DBZ or an other shounen anime, so why create a double standard?


Some guys are sexually insecure, so they seek affirmation that they do indeed still have their manhood after watching "a chick flick" as it were. It's one of the pitfalls of western society...



Yea sigh, and those are the same people who watch ecchi anime, so they can go look, I'm a man to their friends. Such people are so pathetic.
mnmike 
22355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/26/15
Best shoujo anime I've seen is Aishiteruze Baby, though I did also very much like Say "I Love You", Kimi ni Todoke, and Kimikiss: Pure Rouge (which is basically a shoujo anime with shounen-style art).

If you want to talk manga, though, I'm a huge fan of SA: Special A. I was a bit disappointed in the adaptation, though, because of the filler and the fact that it ended with the confession (which happens about half-way through the manga).
98422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/26/15
Skip Beat is one of my favorite manga, so I guess I fall into the straight guy who love shojo as well. I'll admit I don't have as many Shojo titles as I have Shonen ones but I still enjoy the ones I have.

Skip Beat
The Wallflower
High School Host club
Aishiteruze Baby
Yurara
followed by Rasetsu

are all on my book shelf and very well read.
18742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 3/26/15

mnmike wrote:

Best shoujo anime I've seen is Aishiteruze Baby, though I did also very much like Say "I Love You", Kimi ni Todoke, and Kimikiss: Pure Rouge (which is basically a shoujo anime with shounen-style art).

If you want to talk manga, though, I'm a huge fan of SA: Special A. I was a bit disappointed in the adaptation, though, because of the filler and the fact that it ended with the confession (which happens about half-way through the manga).


woah, SA has confession half way? gotta read it again.
wasnt impresseed with the anime too much.

i love shojo manga and anime. im a hoplessw romantic.
11441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Here
Offline
Posted 3/26/15 , edited 3/26/15
I could swear I commented on this in the past. Maybe I'm just pulling a Marty Feldman... Anyway, yeah I'm as straight as a rigor mortis victim planking on Highway 10 and I love shoujo stuff. An enjoyable show is an enjoyable show if you ask me.
8267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Satellite Beach, FL
Offline
Posted 3/26/15
I've met a lot of guys who like Shoujo I don't think it takes away from masculinity at all to like a certain genre. I think the opposite is true with girls liking Shounen...it doesn't make girls less girly. But who am I to talk about stereotypes? I personally don't like stereotyping, but I do understand that there are certain statistics that follow who is attracted to Shoujo vs who's attracted to Shounen.
Just consider yourself as unique if you fall into a minority statistic.
98422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/26/15
Yep, I know plenty of girls who watch Shonen as much as I watch Shojo. It doesn't really seem all that odd, we just happen to like fun shows.


though admittedly sometimes there are clearly some subtle differences for why we enjoy shows.
For example In One Piece I enjoy seeing bad guys get Luffied, you know...that moment when they see the Giant Fist coming for their face and there is nothing they can do about it. I love that moment

my friend likes it because apparently "Trafalga Law is extra yummy" (direct quote).

But I think deep down we both enjoy a story of friendship and comradery on the open seas.


Ultimately enjoyable shows trancend all boundries, and that in turn brings all of us closer together.

8961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 3/26/15
I have yet to see a shoujo I enjoyed...

I did really enjoy Usagi Drop, but thats a josei.
8265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 3/26/15
i prefer some shoujo's over shounen. atleast in shoujo their breasts are the right size and the story develops characters better in my opinion. whats not to like.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.