First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Akame ga Kill! Anticipation and Discussion
42337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/9/14
I hope they don't censor this series and sway from the manga all together.

Just have to wait and see.
23243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 3/9/14 , edited 3/9/14
it is a pretty good manga, though i wouldn't be surprised if they removed some content like the rape scenes from the anime. Love Esdese's character even though she's kinda the villain.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 3/9/14 , edited 3/9/14

longdanzi103 wrote:

yes now I can go insane waiting for both the chapters and the anime now!


Pretty much


Marz311 wrote:

it is a pretty good manga, though i wouldn't be surprised if they removed some content like the rape scenes from the anime. Love Esdese's character even though she's kinda the villain.


I really hope they don't. That would ruin it. All that stuff needs to be there to show just how fucked up their world is. I hope to dear god that they stay true to the manga.

And I agree. I like Esdese too (I espeically like her relationship with Tatsumi). Though I'm frighten to see what she's going to do when....
4995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
I love this manga , I started reading it back in December & it's now one of my favorite mangas along with SNK , I'm very excited & can't wait for the anime , this anime has all the tools to explode & hopefully it does because it needs more people behind it .

And to the smart asses saying if it's another overrated show you won't be watching ...let me tell you that this show barely has a fanbase & it's getting more & more people everyday & with the anime ....like I said above , it has all the tools to explode , so I guess you won't be reading/watching another great series because of your ignorance ^___^ .

A show is overrated by the jealousy of the haters who can't accept the popularity of certain shows .
19270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/14
Any word on a release date for this?
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 3/15/14

dreamingreality2 wrote:

I love this manga , I started reading it back in December & it's now one of my favorite mangas along with SNK , I'm very excited & can't wait for the anime , this anime has all the tools to explode & hopefully it does because it needs more people behind it .

And to the smart asses saying if it's another overrated show you won't be watching ...let me tell you that this show barely has a fanbase & it's getting more & more people everyday & with the anime ....like I said above , it has all the tools to explode , so I guess you won't be reading/watching another great series because of your ignorance ^___^ .

A show is overrated by the jealousy of the haters who can't accept the popularity of certain shows .


Couldn't agree more! Fuck the haters!

And I think this show has potential to be just as popular as Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan. Also, it only makes it better that White Fox is animating it (the guys behind Steins;Gate!!!!).

I think people are going to fall in love with the anime!


ExtraordinaryMuzik wrote:

Any word on a release date for this?


And nope.

All we have is a vague 2014 release date....
Posted 3/15/14
Characters die, author kills them to evoke an emotional response and capture the reader's interest. While I was reading the manga and waiting for the next chapter to be released, I was always trying to predict who will die and I was pretty much correct on most of them (from the Jaegars to the Night Raid) and I've noticed an interesting thing, before the character's deaths they are always given flash backs to give an insight to their past and to better understand their personalities, motivation, etc.

Note: It does not happen often later on in the series but this tends to be a reoccurring element and theme (The Death Flag).

The next person I'm predicting to die from Night Raid (in the manga) is Mein and Raba.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 3/30/14

KiteCross wrote:

Characters die, author kills them to evoke an emotional response and capture the reader's interest. While I was reading the manga and waiting for the next chapter to be released, I was always trying to predict who will die and I was pretty much correct on most of them (from the Jaegars to the Night Raid) and I've noticed an interesting thing, before the character's deaths they are always given flash backs to give an insight to their past and to better understand their personalities, motivation, etc.

Note: It does not happen often later on in the series but this tends to be a reoccurring element and theme (The Death Flag).

The next person I'm predicting to die from Night Raid (in the manga) is Mein and Raba.


Dude I don't think so.

63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 5/6/14
I'm hoping that this anime gets a late time slot so there's no censoring and of course I'm hoping that there's no cutting of the original material (I don't think there will be though since White Fox is adopting it).

This show has potential to be the best show of 2014. I'm not kidding. The manga is by far the best manga I've ever read.
10153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / somewhere in Sout...
Offline
Posted 5/6/14 , edited 5/6/14
Lol... I was seriously gonna start reading this, but soon it will be in anime. Should I start reading it or wait for the anime, what do you guys think? Also excited that White Fox is doing it
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 5/6/14

LordZamzar wrote:

Lol... I was seriously gonna start reading this, but soon it will be in anime. Should I start reading it or wait for the anime, what do you guys think? Also excited that White Fox is doing it


Without a doubt read it. We probably won't get the anime till the end of the year.

Also, the manga is ridiculously good! So READ IT.
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 5/6/14 , edited 5/6/14
I've read the first chapter of the manga. It was pretty good, I enjoyed it.
Haven't continued since I'm not a manga reader. Waiting for the anime :P
But if the anime is quite diffrent at the start to the manga, I'll probably continue to read it instead.

Hmm, TOHO Animation.
Can't remember what they've done. I wouldn't mind if it was Production IG that did it. Their work on AoT was so damn good. I think IG could do better work with such animes than what they do on sports animes.
10153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / somewhere in Sout...
Offline
Posted 5/6/14
Alright thanks!!! I'll go check it out right now
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 5/6/14 , edited 5/6/14

Des85 wrote:

I've read the first chapter of the manga. It was pretty good, I enjoyed it.
Haven't continued since I'm not a manga reader. Waiting for the anime :P
But if the anime is quite diffrent at the start to the manga, I'll probably continue to read it instead.

Hmm, TOHO Animation.
Can't remember what they've done. I wouldn't mind if it was Production IG that did it. Their work on AoT was so damn good. I think IG could do better work with such animes than what they do on sports animes.


Accoridng to MAL this is what they animated:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?p=1143

One of them is Majestic Prince and I never watched that, but I've heard that the art and battles were pretty good.

Also, White Fox is the main studio animating it. So I guess TOHO is just helping them.


LordZamzar wrote:

Alright thanks!!! I'll go check it out right now


Let me know what you think after reading it.
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 5/6/14 , edited 5/6/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


Accoridng to MAL this is what they animated:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?p=1143

One of them is Majestic Prince and I never watched that, but I've heard that the art and battles were pretty good.

Also, White Fox is the main studio animating it. So I guess TOHO is just helping them.


Ah, was wondring why some had mentioned Steins;Gate as one of the anime they had made, and then why it wasn't in the TOHO list on mal :P
Steins;Gate had good quality animations, so then I'm ok with White Fox xD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.