First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Plots that could have been solved in minutes if;
xxJing 
37209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

HauAreWe wrote:

One Piece - Gold Roger is killed before having time to talk to a crowd of former crew-mates and would-be pirates.. Thus spurring the age of only a few pirates!

Death Note - Light ignored the notebook that fell into the school lawn due to being too intellectual to bother with such trifles.. He went on to be part of a very successful profession and didn't bother wasting his talent on becoming a police officer. Instead, he came up with some intelligent ways to deter crime before it even began, without the need for punishment as a first resort. The world became a slightly better place.



One Piece : Pirates aren't the only problem, there are rebellions and revolutions going on all over the place. The government and military are extremely corrupt. The only difference that Gold Roger being killed off quicker would make would be that Luffy may not have been a pirate but instead part of his father's revolutionary force. Luffy is disciplined enough to be a marine.

Death Note - Actually that wouldn't have happened. Light was bored out of his mind, punishing people and making a better world were only excuses, he wanted to feel powerful. You give him any type of power and he would abuse it, he is a genius who WANTS to get noticed in some form or another, he would never settle for anything that has him as simply "another person" or "another celebrity." If someone else was Kira and Light was just a normal kid, you could see that he would go after Kira with all his force, not because he wanted justice, but simply because it was a challenge. Whether he found the book or not he probably would have entered the police force just because it gives him authority over people, either that or he would have become an evil politician.
61602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

xxJing wrote:

I think SAO was originally written when the author was 14 years old though. So it makes sense that it would have a bunch of plot holes. On the other hand though, they did decide to publish / animate something written by a 14 year old and it did sell well, so I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't complain.


well, he was 14/15 when he originally wrote the web series (which I believe was written up to the end of Fairy Dance), but I believe they were cleaned up and edited before the actual novels were published.

and I was also pretty sure that it was stated that any kind of tampering, disassembly, unplugging, whatever.. would immediately result in scrambled brains. basically, the only way the persons could be removed from the system would be to EMP the nervgear before it had a chance to do anything.
42489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 4/6/14

Sacae89 wrote:

Any sports anime: MC joins the Book Club instead.



MC doesn't do anything but study or nothing.
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 4/6/14 , edited 4/6/14

xxJing wrote:
Death Note - Actually that wouldn't have happened. Light was bored out of his mind, punishing people and making a better world were only excuses, he wanted to feel powerful. You give him any type of power and he would abuse it, he is a genius who WANTS to get noticed in some form or another, he would never settle for anything that has him as simply "another person" or "another celebrity." If someone else was Kira and Light was just a normal kid, you could see that he would go after Kira with all his force, not because he wanted justice, but simply because it was a challenge. Whether he found the book or not he probably would have entered the police force just because it gives him authority over people, either that or he would have become an evil politician.


Yes, Light was bored out of his mind. But, I can only see that turning whatever problem he focused on into an obsession. He simply wasn't socially intelligent, so if some plot device forced him to instead focus on his boring studies, he might try to find new ways to up the challenge level with them. You can go national by being an obsessive Nobel Prize Winner..

And I imagine he'd simply try to push things beyond that, see what he could change on a larger scale.

If that focus were deterred from people, he would have never been an issue.
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

Bavalt wrote:


HauAreWe wrote:

Death Note - Light ignored the notebook that fell into the school lawn due to being too intellectual to bother with such trifles.. He went on to be part of a very successful profession and didn't bother wasting his talent on becoming a police officer. Instead, he came up with thanks to his studies, he came up with some intelligent ways to deter crime before it began, without the need for punishment as a first resort. The world didn't change drastically, but it became a slightly better place.



This is how it should have gone.


It's what I would have done, would have been, meh notebook, who cares. Or use it for notes for history class and on one fateful day probably get murdered by Boxer bannermen when I write an essay on the Boxer rebellion or something dumb like that. Most likely though I just would have ignored it.

Ranma 1/2. Not fight at cursed springs.....well actually that would just mean him having to pick between the 3 sisters plus everyone else since there wouldn't be that weird out factor. So how about Ranma just picks Ukyo or Shampoo, either or.....or both .

Sailor Moon could have the bad guys get what they needed if they just attacked anywhere but Japan or Britain for a brief period.

Detective Conan if Shinchi wasn't so darn nosy and just spent the day with Ran.

Log Horizon if they just shut down the servers a couple of hours before adding the expansion.

SAO if the game developer did a better background check and didn't hire a crazy person.(I think that was the issue right, never got into that one.
24583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/14 , edited 4/6/14
Evangelion: 3.something, my head (hurts)

The Wise Wizard
100963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

aidenraine wrote:

and I was also pretty sure that it was stated that any kind of tampering, disassembly, unplugging, whatever.. would immediately result in scrambled brains. basically, the only way the persons could be removed from the system would be to EMP the nervgear before it had a chance to do anything.

The problem is, in the real world I doubt it would be possible to make a completely tamper proof device, especially of that size when you not only give experts a long time to study it, but also give them units to examine and work with that won't harm anyone (the units that had already killed people).

There would also be the possibility of exploiting the connection between the NerveGear and the server, or even the server itself unless it was somehow physically hidden from the world (which would be another nigh impossible task for something devices across the world connected to).

Basically, the creator of SAO would have been playing a game of "Can I make this hard enough to break that the odds are high that it won't happen until either everyone is killed or the game is won".

61602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/14


true... but as was stated in the novels, and what would probably happen in the real world too, is nobody wanted to take the chances because they didn't want the blood of those 10,000 people on their hands, because it would kill their political careers.
37527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/14
Another thing about SAO...how could they, after months and months and into multiple years, never locate the mastermind of the online game that was a death trap? You'd have the most capable people in the industry on a worldwide level helping to solve this issue, trying to locate the mastermind so that they could bust him and then bring things to an end.
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 4/6/14 , edited 4/6/14
Honestly thinking about it, I was surprised how many anime plots couldn't have been solved by just modifying a single event (without leading to absolute catastrophe.) Many times, an earlier plot results in the heroes' ability to thwart a larger impending doom that was fated to befall their universe.

We need to thank season 1 villains. If they hadn't trained so many anime heroes to leave their comfort zones, the world would be thoroughly doomed when their would-have-been successors arrived on the scene.
19765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

HauAreWe wrote:

Honestly thinking about it, I was surprised how many anime plots couldn't have been solved by just modifying a single event (without leading to absolute catastrophe.) Many times, an earlier plot results in the heroes ability to thwart a larger impending doom that was fated to befall their universe.

We need to thank season 1 villains. If they hadn't trained so many anime heroes to leave their comfort zones, the world would be thoroughly doomed had their successor acted first.


Lol this is actually so true. :D

First season villains are very important.

For those of you who haven't seen Danny Phantom: I'll just say that you always need some sort of Lunch Lady or Box Ghost. :D

I like the series the most where it would be extremely impossible to fix plots in minutes, and find those series to be the interesting ones.
35191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 4/6/14

TheAncientOne wrote:
A better "solution" to keep the peril would have been to create a hostage situation: If anyone was forcibly logged out (indicating NerveGear removal) rather than being killed, have the system randomly select and fry the brains of x number of other users. While there would be some parents, loved ones, etc., that would say "Screw other people, do it anyone", they would be guilty of accessory to murder, so incidents of such should be low.

The only way around this would have been to disable everyone's NerveGear simultaneously, which would itself have been nigh impossible.



I don't think that would be considered accessory to murder. The law can't really compel you to keep a death trap on your loved one's head just because some psychopath says he'll kill somebody else if you don't. And even if it could, I think most parents would be willing to go to prison to save their children's lives.
326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 4/7/14

Anamalous wrote:





haha, cant wait to see the remake now. Hope Saber wrecks him
3034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
Death Note

10250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/14
The thing about Evangelion is that its "writing" even prevents the kids from being happy, because the Evas only react to their pilots' input if the pilots are fucked up in the head. What a nasty shit heap.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.