I Fell In Love
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 1/21/14
Hello all. I registered and made this topic solely because of my experience watching Coffee Prince. I fell so hard for Go Eun-Chan that I find myself seeing real women and real life in shades of gray ever since. I've tried watching other dramas, including Goong and Man of the Vineyard, in the hope that the actress responsible for my emotional state would help me to move beyond Eun-Chan, but the opposite has happened. I just miss her even more. I can say that I've enjoyed those dramas, and also I Hear Your Voice, the only other drama I've seen, but I want to fall in love again...

Is it possible? Are there any characters out there that can match Go Eun-Chan in terms of authenticity, warmth, energy, humor, etc? Of course, it would help if the drama itself is also good ... but maybe they don't have to be so similar to Eun-Chan, as long as they are just as "real" and lovable.

BTW, I fully respect and enjoy Gong Yoo as well for his acting and chemistry with Yoon Eun-hye. Eun-Chan would not have been the same without him. Nope, not jealous at all ;)

Any recommendations? Thanks for taking care of me!



11565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/21/14 , edited 1/21/14
I'm having my first cup of Coffee Prince right now, Go Eun-Chan is most certainly a very colourful character.

I don't have many k-dramas under my belt but I've been watching a lot of You Are the Best here on CR, I've really grown to like a lot of the people on this show, my fav probably being the baker and his shop hand, the girls are a lot prettier too...
61705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 1/23/14

TravelingFool wrote:

Hello all. I registered and made this topic solely because of my experience watching Coffee Prince. I fell so hard for Go Eun-Chan that I find myself seeing real women and real life in shades of gray ever since. I've tried watching other dramas, including Goong and Man of the Vineyard, in the hope that the actress responsible for my emotional state would help me to move beyond Eun-Chan, but the opposite has happened. I just miss her even more. I can say that I've enjoyed those dramas, and also I Hear Your Voice, the only other drama I've seen, but I want to fall in love again...

Is it possible? Are there any characters out there that can match Go Eun-Chan in terms of authenticity, warmth, energy, humor, etc? Of course, it would help if the drama itself is also good ... but maybe they don't have to be so similar to Eun-Chan, as long as they are just as "real" and lovable.

BTW, I fully respect and enjoy Gong Yoo as well for his acting and chemistry with Yoon Eun-hye. Eun-Chan would not have been the same without him. Nope, not jealous at all ;)

Any recommendations? Thanks for taking care of me!





Not sure if a lot of people would answer you because the drama forums aren't quite active here compared to other sites.

Yoon Eun-hye has tons of dramas after Coffee Prince but none of them are as good, probably because the second half manages to ruin the drama.

You seem to be the type who likes romantic comedies so I suggest Dream High and Answer Me 1997/Reply 1997. But then again you might have liked the format they used during the Hallyu Wave, which focused on the characters. I'm only updated with titles from 2012 onwards so I haven't actually watched what I'm recommending, but they are popular titles you might want to check out: Winter Sonata, My Girl, My Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang, What Happened in Bali, and I'm Sorry I Love You (MiSA MiSA).
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 1/23/14

observantzani wrote:

Not sure if a lot of people would answer you because the drama forums aren't quite active here compared to other sites.

Yoon Eun-hye has tons of dramas after Coffee Prince but none of them are as good, probably because the second half manages to ruin the drama.

You seem to be the type who likes romantic comedies so I suggest Dream High and Answer Me 1997/Reply 1997. But then again you might have liked the format they used during the Hallyu Wave, which focused on the characters. I'm only updated with titles from 2012 onwards so I haven't actually watched what I'm recommending, but they are popular titles you might want to check out: Winter Sonata, My Girl, My Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang, What Happened in Bali, and I'm Sorry I Love You (MiSA MiSA).


Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions of other forums to visit?

11357 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / fairy tail
Offline
Posted 1/24/14
welllll im in love with my Lee seungiiiiiiii oopppaaaaaa
61705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 1/26/14

TravelingFool wrote:


observantzani wrote:

Not sure if a lot of people would answer you because the drama forums aren't quite active here compared to other sites.

Yoon Eun-hye has tons of dramas after Coffee Prince but none of them are as good, probably because the second half manages to ruin the drama.

You seem to be the type who likes romantic comedies so I suggest Dream High and Answer Me 1997/Reply 1997. But then again you might have liked the format they used during the Hallyu Wave, which focused on the characters. I'm only updated with titles from 2012 onwards so I haven't actually watched what I'm recommending, but they are popular titles you might want to check out: Winter Sonata, My Girl, My Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang, What Happened in Bali, and I'm Sorry I Love You (MiSA MiSA).


Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions of other forums to visit?



Not active in other sites. But the best way is to read drama blogs
8387 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
Hey! There is this drama called "Personal Preference" and it stars this actress named Son Ye-Jin. I think she's a good actress and her role in that drama semi matches the personality characteristics you noted. She's also very pretty, so maybe give that drama a try.
One Punch Mod
50210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 9 days ago
Closed as recommendation request.
You must be logged in to post.