Post Reply "You either have Javascript turned off or an old version of Flash Player."
40094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/23/14
Intermittently, I get the following issue. When trying to watch an episode, the flash control fails to load and I get the following error message. I've been a member for 18 months and had never experienced these issues before. If I keep hitting on the episode button to reload the page (maybe up to 10 times) the Flash player is eventually there, and I can watch the episode in peace.



Video Details Screenshot



I have tried the following

1) Rebooting
2) Upgrading to the latest version of Flash.
3) Uninstalling Flash. Rebooting. Reinstalling Flash cleanly.
4) Confirmed it's an issue with IE and well as Firefox. Confirmed it happens with new simulcasts as well as old catalog titles.

Anything else I can try?
43672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/23/14
Well, since you asked if there was "anything", Chrome has flash built in, and you don't ever update it yourself, so you could at least give that a try if you wish to continue using a PC... Personally, I use a Roku (and rarely a Kindle) for almost all my viewing and I never have any trouble with those. Devices have their own built-in players, and they seem to have better buffering, so flash isn't an issue with them.
41378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Online
Posted 1/23/14

icecreamsnow wrote:

Intermittently, I get the following issue. When trying to watch an episode, the flash control fails to load and I get the following error message. I've been a member for 18 months and had never experienced these issues before. If I keep hitting on the episode button to reload the page (maybe up to 10 times) the Flash player is eventually there, and I can watch the episode in peace.



Video Details Screenshot



I have tried the following

1) Rebooting
2) Upgrading to the latest version of Flash.
3) Uninstalling Flash. Rebooting. Reinstalling Flash cleanly.
4) Confirmed it's an issue with IE and well as Firefox. Confirmed it happens with new simulcasts as well as old catalog titles.

Anything else I can try?


Did it to me two days ago! Relaoded flash rebooted and it worked finally .Also updated Java too!.So you are not alone!
2018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 4/16/15
None of that helped me. Is there anything else I should try?
5021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 4/17/15
Same here. Nothing is working.
Maybe it's just a coincidence, but this started happening right after I updated Windows.
I'm really at a loss of what to do here. Does anyone have an idea?
The Wise Wizard
100969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 4/17/15

Uraneum wrote:

I'm really at a loss of what to do here. Does anyone have an idea?

Assuming you haven't disabled System Restore, have you tried rolling back to a point before the updates?

12006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
I had the same issue after the recent Windows updates installed, but only in Internet Explorer 11 Metro version. To fix it in IE, I added http://www.crunchyroll.com to IE's Trusted sites zone.

To do that, launch the desktop version of IE, click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Internet Options. Choose the Security tab, click Trusted sites, click the Sites button and add Crunchyroll's URL. Uncheck the 'Require server verification (https:)' option (Crunchyroll doesn't have an SSL site) and close that window. Make sure Enable Protected Mode is unchecked for the Trusted sites zone, that is what is blocking the flash video, click Apply and restart IE. Worked for me. Hope this helps.
5021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
Crunchyroll seems to be working for me just fine on Firefox and Opera, but not Chrome. I'll see if there's anything similar to what you explained that I'd be able to do for Chrome, because I don't like having to use Firefox or Opera.
58686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 4/18/15

Uraneum wrote:

Crunchyroll seems to be working for me just fine on Firefox and Opera, but not Chrome. I'll see if there's anything similar to what you explained that I'd be able to do for Chrome, because I don't like having to use Firefox or Opera.


Chrome uses it's own version of Flash (PepperFlash), while both Fx and Opera both use whatever version of Adobe Flash is installed on your system.
5021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 4/18/15
Oh that makes sense, so then maybe it does have something to do with Flash.
5021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / US
Offline
Posted 4/18/15 , edited 4/18/15
Okay, I solved it! It was a surprisingly easy to fix problem. Turns out for some reason after updating Windows, Chrome decided to disable Flash. Just in case anyone else is having a similar problem to mine here's what I did:
-I went to the address bar in Chrome and typed "chrome:plugins"
-I scrolled down to the flash player plugin which was grayed out and I clicked "enable".
-I continued to feel like an idiot
-Problem solved
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 4/22/15
Wow thank you so much! That worked perfectly! Yeah I feel a little foolish now as well.
38249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/30/15
Thank you so much Uraneum, I can watch again anime on my lap
381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Dominican Republic
Offline
Posted 11/13/15
hello. im having the same issue but what i find really unusual is that it works with internet explorer but not with chrome. I tried everything on this comments but nothings working. im reaaally getting tired of this. Can someone help me?
Der Zoodirektor
23425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 11/13/15

sabrinapaulinor wrote:

hello. im having the same issue but what i find really unusual is that it works with internet explorer but not with chrome. I tried everything on this comments but nothings working. im reaaally getting tired of this. Can someone help me?


On the PC?
You must be logged in to post.