First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Sankarea
177780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 1/24/14


Synopsis


Furuya's obsessed with zombies. He collects any figurines, watches any movie, and plays any game with the living dead, and is even only interested in zombie girls. When his cat dies, Furuya begins trying to raise it from the dead using an ancient book of the occult he bought from a shop. But what will happen when he sees the idol of a nearby all girl's school walking close to where he conducts his experiment, wishing to die and be reborn as a different person?


Other Information

Type: Manga
Volumes: Unknown
Chapters: Unknown
Status: Publishing
Published: Dec 9, 2009 to ?
Genres: Comedy, Ecchi, Horror, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural
Authors: Hattori, Mitsuru (Story & Art)
Serialization: Bessatsu Shounen Magazine
27615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 1/24/14 , edited 10/18/14
Absolutely love Sankarea. Some of the authors other manga are interesting as well.

I wish the chapters would come out faster though. Leaving me hanging all the time!
61957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/24/14
I love it so much! I just got volume nine last week, amazing again!

I just wish the discs had sold better as a second season would have been great. But the manga is awesome too.
14689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/14
I really enjoyed this series. I am going to order the DVD this month or next month. My kitchen consumed my anime budget for this month, so it will probably be next month before I can justify another Rightstuff order.
14327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 1/24/14
I love this manga. It just nails that bittersweet tone perfectly.
65438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Sacae-sama's Dungeon
Offline
Posted 1/29/14
So compared to the Anime, how is the Manga? I just noticed Vol 4 at B&N today, which probably means 1-3 can be found there (or on their website). So once I finish up some other series I started I might look into it.
27615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 1/29/14

Stonewolfe wrote:

So compared to the Anime, how is the Manga? I just noticed Vol 4 at B&N today, which probably means 1-3 can be found there (or on their website). So once I finish up some other series I started I might look into it.


Manga is great, the anime only goes through the first 15 chapters or so, if I recall correctly.
2353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 1/29/14
Love it, dark, funny and romantic in 1.

Also love the current twists of the manga, hope that season 2 will continue!
14327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 2/4/14 , edited 2/4/14
Ch 46
10515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / The Void
Online
Posted 2/4/14
God I love Sankarea, funny and romantic with a vein of sorrow and darkness running through it. How could you not love it?
15414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/4/14
Great manga! I just had to start reading after I saw the anime. I'm following the English releases, which will be 4 volumes behind I think when volume 5 comes out next week.
61957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/4/14

pchastain769 wrote:

Great manga! I just had to start reading after I saw the anime. I'm following the English releases, which will be 4 volumes behind I think when volume 5 comes out next week.
Yeah, 9 just came out in Japanese, I got it last month! It's good!
15414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/4/14

hpulley wrote:
Yeah, 9 just came out in Japanese, I got it last month! It's good!

I bet it is! What I've read so far has been great. I would try and catch up with the Japanese if I hadn't already started collecting the English version. So no spoilers!! haha

I will say though I like the Japanese covers much more than the English ones, even if they give no indication of what the manga is about. They're just prettier to look at lol
61957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/4/14

pchastain769 wrote:


hpulley wrote:
Yeah, 9 just came out in Japanese, I got it last month! It's good!

I bet it is! What I've read so far has been great. I would try and catch up with the Japanese if I hadn't already started collecting the English version. So no spoilers!! haha

I will say though I like the Japanese covers much more than the English ones, even if they give no indication of what the manga is about. They're just prettier to look at lol
Alright, no spoilers! Just let us know what chapter you're on...
15414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/4/14 , edited 2/4/14

hpulley wrote:
Alright, no spoilers! Just let us know what chapter you're on...

It seems I am very behind. I'm on chapter 15 and chapter 46 just came out... so I think I'll just stay away from this thread so everyone who's caught up can discuss it lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.