First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply So does anyone else regret that SN from middle school?!
50265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 1/25/14
Is an "SN" still a thing? Is that the terminology still?

But I know ya'll probably have some pretty funny ones! So what are they?! And why?


Well... if you guys didn't guess my personal semi-embarrassing choice in alias I'll give you a hint: (It starts with fastfood and ends in queen... with an arbitrary number tagged on cause fastfoodqueen was probably already taken..) Oh, the things we do when we're 12.

21805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Online
Posted 1/26/14 , edited 1/26/14
No idea what an SN is.

*edit* You do say what it is in the description. Ok, Screen Name. I get it now.

Unfortunately 14 years later I still use the same ones So I guess I'm not that embarassed.
45488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
I'm still not sure what you're talking about even after your hint... SN = screenname?
22704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Offline
Posted 1/26/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

I'm still not sure what you're talking about even after your hint... SN = screenname?


Yeah I think it is screen name



old screen name (username or whatever) : upperlupus1617

First screen name, I can't remember, it was during AOL and dial-up
23290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / NY
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
Nope, it was quite a nice and simple one at the time but it's not something I'd use nowadays as I've changed quite considerably as a person since then.

Otherwise I use this sn, and variations of it, Jsybird2532 (meaning Jessie, not Jersey, albeit I do live just a few minutes from NJ given my location lol and well, bird for freedom, flight, feminine, w/e. 2532 is a random string of numbers I picked up on my old sn at a now defunct gaming site, I just carried them over) for my primary personal email and gaming/forum accounts and such.

There's also another one I made up recently for use when I want to keep my networks separate. Obviously not saying what it is :P.
4021 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / A rock in the mid...
Offline
Posted 1/26/14 , edited 1/26/14
Created it randomly for my Battle.net account for the first Diablo when it came out, it's almost never taken and it's pronounceable so I stuck with it so there's no regrets.
21323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
My old username on Rs was " Grunt2 0 yo ", and every time I look back at it I can't believe how lame it is.

Grunt = Halo

The 2 0 was meant to be " 2.0 " but periods weren't aloud.

And the yo was just unnecessary.
12969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
I never regretted my screen names so far, only my damn emails I made when I was still young and foolish. Had to recreate a few emails for seperate matters as such as college and work. '' somethingosmething_Inda_House'' ain't really a proper email to sollict with LOL
45250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Alaska
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
ahem unfortunately i use the same ones except maybe 1 or two which weren't as mainly used as this one *sigh of disappointment*
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/26/14 , edited 1/26/14
This one...
12184 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Liverpool, England
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
Moose of doom. I was drunk.
35219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / KS, USA
Online
Posted 1/26/14 , edited 1/26/14
I have been using the same screenname when I first started playing Everquest, 18 years ago. Same one through gradeschool, middle school, highschool, and up to now.

That said I have never seen the terminology shorten it to "SN" before.
1289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 1/26/14 , edited 1/26/14

Stonewolfe wrote:

I have been using the same screenname when I first started playing Everquest, 18 years ago. Same one through gradeschool, middle school, highschool, and up to now.

That said I have never seen the terminology shorten it to "SN" before.


So you started playing EverQuest when you were 4? Wow. And here I was impressed with myself for getting WarCraft running at age 6.

Anyway, my original screen name is either "Gohangeorge" (made by my mom for my first email account) or "Varlen" (randomly generated name for my first WoW character I tend to reuse), depending on how you want to look at it. To answer the question, I don't particularly care for either, but I'm too attached to them to stop using them.
35219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / KS, USA
Online
Posted 1/26/14

Genbu89 wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:

I have been using the same screenname when I first started playing Everquest, 18 years ago. Same one through gradeschool, middle school, highschool, and up to now.

That said I have never seen the terminology shorten it to "SN" before.


So you started playing EverQuest when you were 4? Wow. And here I was impressed with myself for getting WarCraft running at age 6.

Anyway, my original screen name is either "Gohangeorge" (made by my mom for my first email account) or "Varlen" (randomly generated name for my first WoW character I tend to reuse), depending on how you want to look at it. To answer the question, I don't particularly care for either, but I'm too attached to them to stop using them.


Yup EQ at 4 1/2 heading into 5. Have played many a MMO and RPG and what not since then. Even was playing Warcraft and Warcraft 2 at that time. I can blame it all on my old man. But I probably wouldn't have enjoyed my life as much as I have without all my games since I was that young.
34482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
I think the only one I used prior to my current username was JessieBD. After my lizard. Whose name is Jessie.

But then I decided that wasn't original enough, so I came up with this one instead. 5 years later... I still like it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.