First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
"Gargantia" Sequel Announcement Anticipation!
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 1/27/14
I'll just post here what I posted on the article page and not put spoilers because this is about season 2 so I assume every one here has already watched season 1

My unpopular opinion: I also don't think Chamber should come back, him suddenly coming back all rebuilt to fit in the tech of the current planet would make his sacrifice at the end of season 1 seem pointless. -> continued in next comment

The way I saw the ending was that Chamber's final action was to "push" Ledo, saying that he can't always depend on him for support and that he has to stand on his own and look towards his own future. -> continued in next comment

Chamber made sure to destroy the other mech (and himself to an extent) so that there were no more things to tie Ledo to his past, which in a thematic view, was Chamber's way of freeing Ledo from his chains.

I don't really understand the popularity of Chamber other than the fact that people bandwagon his popularity after only one significant moment where he took center stage.
22656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CA
Online
Posted 1/27/14
I'm certainly not opposed to more Gargantia, though I'm not sure there's really enough material for a full second season. Maybe they could pull it off if they went for a plot that went more into depth about the sea Hideauze, but that might be a bit too straightforward for Gargantia. I liked how the series was complex and focused on more than one conflict, but still had one conflict at the heart of everything (Ledo's humanity). If a second season focused too much on the Hideauze or too much on the characters, I think it would feel more like a spin-off than a true sequel, and while that could make for a good anime in itself, I don't think it would be as good as season 1. But I'll probably still watch it regardless of what they do with it.

As for Chamber, I don't necessarily like having really important characters killed off, but if they want to bring him back, they're going to need a really good excuse.
71056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/27/14 , edited 1/27/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

I don't really understand the popularity of Chamber other than the fact that people bandwagon his popularity after only one significant moment where he took center stage.

His inadvertent comedy role early in the series won him a lot of fans, myself included. He was the perfect straightman in a comedy; "You fleshy earthlings do not compute; why do you do such irrational things; why am I a grill now?"

He was the easiest person to like in the series, basically. And his character developed in a great way, I thought.

I'd like to see them salvage his AI so he can continue as a character at least.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/27/14
But what would they do in the sequel? Oh wait, what they did in the majority of the original: absolutely nothing .
Posted 1/27/14

Insomnist wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

I don't really understand the popularity of Chamber other than the fact that people bandwagon his popularity after only one significant moment where he took center stage.

His inadvertent comedy role early in the series won him a lot of fans, myself included. He was the perfect straightman in a comedy; "You fleshy earthlings do not compute; why do you do such irrational things; why am I a grill now?"

He was the easiest person to like in the series, basically. And his character developed in a great way, I thought.


I'd like to see them salvage his AI so he can continue as a character at least.


Agreed with this point
14436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 1/27/14
Honestly, i loved this anime. I wouldn't mind a season 2 but i wont be disappointed if there wasn't one. I feel season one ended perfectly and it is rare that in 12-13 short episodes this anime was so good.
jbomb1 
32119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 1/27/14
I really enjoyed the first half of season 1, but then it kind of fell apart. The ending however, managed to salvage what was left about as well as could be done. If nothing else, the animation was beautiful to look at.

I'll probably give season 2 a shot, but if it doesn't pull me in right away then I'm dropping it.
24961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / California
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
Gargantia was ok. I loved the ending. Please don't bring back Chamber to do so would dishonor the character.
13466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / under fire
Offline
Posted 1/28/14 , edited 1/28/14
Kind of a misleading thread title, ne? Seems like this would simply be better suited to be injected in to the actual Gargantia discussion topic, since this has nothing to do with an actual announcement. It's just you hoping it happens.

Chamber has a bandwagon because he was typically the voice of reason to Ledo during the entire show despite being a machine, and people have a soft spot for robotic personalities with spunk, sort of how Glados is incredibly popular from Portal.

However, there will not be a sequel to this boring, arbitrary, and deus ex mechanical series. There was so much wrong with this show I don't even know where to begin, but a good place for you to get initiated would be to bring up the official Gargantia discussion thread as we picked this show to pieces within it as it aired.

It was an awful show. Good riddance to it, enjoy your OVA's and shorts.

I would hope Gen is working on his sequel to Psycho Pass, or that we get that FSN remake way before a continuation of this nothing series is ever even considered.
79260 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / Within the Empire...
Offline
Posted 1/28/14 , edited 1/28/14

Hibria187 wrote:

Honestly, i loved this anime. I wouldn't mind a season 2 but i wont be disappointed if there wasn't one. I feel season one ended perfectly and it is rare that in 12-13 short episodes this anime was so good.


I agree. I thought it ended perfectly.

That being said, I guess I wouldn't mind a sequel if they actually made one (still looking for some official word on what exactly the new Gargantia project is going to be. Sequel/spin off, special OVA, theatrical movie.....?). And if it ever does get made, I guess I would prefer it to focus on one or more of the other characters, as I think I know everything about Amy & Ledo that I want or need to know.

But if they continue to focus on Amy & Ledo I guess I might still watch out of curiosity if nothing else.
71056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/28/14 , edited 1/28/14

zipzo wrote:

Kind of a misleading thread title, ne? Seems like this would simply be better suited to be injected in to the actual Gargantia discussion topic, since this has nothing to do with an actual announcement. It's just you hoping it happens.

We do know something is coming, we just don't know exactly what. Could be a new season, or a movie, or an OVA, etc.
14436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 1/28/14

Insomnist wrote:


zipzo wrote:

Kind of a misleading thread title, ne? Seems like this would simply be better suited to be injected in to the actual Gargantia discussion topic, since this has nothing to do with an actual announcement. It's just you hoping it happens.

We do know something is coming, we just don't know exactly what. Could be a new season, or a movie, or an OVA, etc.


Ignore him, not a single thing he posts is worthwhile and he comes off rude if you disagree with him.
17879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 1/28/14

zipzo wrote:

Kind of a misleading thread title, ne? Seems like this would simply be better suited to be injected in to the actual Gargantia discussion topic, since this has nothing to do with an actual announcement. It's just you hoping it happens.

Chamber has a bandwagon because he was typically the voice of reason to Ledo during the entire show despite being a machine, and people have a soft spot for robotic personalities with spunk, sort of how Glados is incredibly popular from Portal.

However, there will not be a sequel to this boring, arbitrary, and deus ex mechanical series. There was so much wrong with this show I don't even know where to begin, but a good place for you to get initiated would be to bring up the official Gargantia discussion thread as we picked this show to pieces within it as it aired.

It was an awful show. Good riddance to it, enjoy your OVA's and shorts.

I would hope Gen is working on his sequel to Psycho Pass, or that we get that FSN remake way before a continuation of this nothing series is ever even considered.


screw Psycho Pass he needs to make a second season of High School of the Dead

71056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/28/14 , edited 1/28/14

uncletim wrote:

screw Psycho Pass he needs to make a second season of High School of the Dead

Gen Urobuchi isn't connected to High School of the Dead, for the record. Tetsuro Araki is the big name for that one.

I think they're stuck waiting for source material since the manga went on hiatus for a long time?
13466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / under fire
Offline
Posted 1/28/14 , edited 1/28/14

Hibria187 wrote:


Insomnist wrote:


zipzo wrote:

Kind of a misleading thread title, ne? Seems like this would simply be better suited to be injected in to the actual Gargantia discussion topic, since this has nothing to do with an actual announcement. It's just you hoping it happens.

We do know something is coming, we just don't know exactly what. Could be a new season, or a movie, or an OVA, etc.


Ignore him, not a single thing he posts is worthwhile and he comes off rude if you disagree with him.


Lol, Prove it.

I've hashed out anime discussion (On Gargantia particularly) with Insomnist long before you even registered here, I'm pretty sure he doesn't need your guidance on how to approach conversation with me on the subject.

Also I can't read the Crunchy article as I live in Japan and Crunchy doesn't let us see the news articles but I'll assume it's the producer/director/writer giving hints about Gargantia content of some kind, to which I hope it is simply as I suggested, an OVA or short.

Another series would just be painful.

TBH, after seeing the HOTD OVA's I'd find it a bit difficult to go in to another series of it with the same characters.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.