First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
"Gargantia" Sequel Announcement Anticipation!
xxJing 
37209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 1/28/14

zipzo wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


Insomnist wrote:


zipzo wrote:

Kind of a misleading thread title, ne? Seems like this would simply be better suited to be injected in to the actual Gargantia discussion topic, since this has nothing to do with an actual announcement. It's just you hoping it happens.

We do know something is coming, we just don't know exactly what. Could be a new season, or a movie, or an OVA, etc.


Ignore him, not a single thing he posts is worthwhile and he comes off rude if you disagree with him.


Lol, Prove it.

I've hashed out anime discussion (On Gargantia particularly) with Insomnist long before you even registered here, I'm pretty sure he doesn't need your guidance on how to approach conversation with me on the subject.

Also I can't read the Crunchy article as I live in Japan and Crunchy doesn't let us see the news articles but I'll assume it's the producer/director/writer giving hints about Gargantia content of some kind, to which I hope it is simply as I suggested, an OVA or short.

Another series would just be painful.

TBH, after seeing the HOTD OVA's I'd find it a bit difficult to go in to another series of it with the same characters.


Well if you live in Japan then you should understand Japanese.
続編 generally does not mean OVA, it usually means a continuation of the same caliber as the original.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/14

zipzo wrote:
I would hope Gen is working on his sequel to Psycho Pass, or that we get that FSN remake way before a continuation of this nothing series is ever even considered.


I don't think Gen Urobuchi has much to do with the Fate Series outside of Fate/Zero. And it's already been announced that the Fate/Stay Night remake is going to be directed by Takahiro Miura.

71058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/28/14 , edited 1/28/14

Hibria187 wrote:

Ignore him, not a single thing he posts is worthwhile and he comes off rude if you disagree with him.

It's cool, we've sparred before. In the old Gargantia thread funnily enough.


zipzo wrote:

Also I can't read the Crunchy article as I live in Japan and Crunchy doesn't let us see the news articles but I'll assume it's the producer/director/writer giving hints about Gargantia content of some kind, to which I hope it is simply as I suggested, an OVA or short.

It's an official announcement of a continuation with more details forthcoming at AnimeJapan 2014 in March.


Angerudusto wrote:

And it's already been announced that the Fate/Stay Night remake is going to be directed by Takahiro Miura.

Mixed feelings are mixed.

He was involved with Fate/Zero though, and I don't think my dislike of Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon is his fault as much as I just didn't like the source material for that part of the story to begin with. It really ticked me off.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/14

Insomnist wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:

And it's already been announced that the Fate/Stay Night remake is going to be directed by Takahiro Miura.

Mixed feelings are mixed.


Yeah, Oblivion Recording was the weakest of the Kara no Kyokai films, but that was because it was focused on Imouto-chan and not Shiki. And it really wasn't that bad.
71058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/28/14 , edited 1/28/14

Angerudusto wrote:

Yeah, Oblivion Recording was the weakest of the Kara no Kyokai films, but that was because it was focused on Imouto-chan and not Shiki. And it really wasn't that bad.

Yeah... I just remember being so impressed by Kara no Kyoukai, and then they pulled the imouto romance card and I wanted to punch through my monitor. It made that movie hard for me to appreciate. I remember it looked great though.
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 1/29/14 , edited 1/29/14

Angerudusto wrote:

But what would they do in the sequel? Oh wait, what they did in the majority of the original: absolutely nothing .


That's cool with me. The plot is set up in a way to allow for endless day to day living and exploration over grand scheming plots.

As long as the characters are well written and they focus on character interaction I'm in for a second season.


Enough of the crazy cultist plots and space aliens. Stick to the culture shock and day to day I say!
14436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 1/29/14

zipzo wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


Insomnist wrote:


zipzo wrote:

Kind of a misleading thread title, ne? Seems like this would simply be better suited to be injected in to the actual Gargantia discussion topic, since this has nothing to do with an actual announcement. It's just you hoping it happens.

We do know something is coming, we just don't know exactly what. Could be a new season, or a movie, or an OVA, etc.


Ignore him, not a single thing he posts is worthwhile and he comes off rude if you disagree with him.


Lol, Prove it.

I've hashed out anime discussion (On Gargantia particularly) with Insomnist long before you even registered here, I'm pretty sure he doesn't need your guidance on how to approach conversation with me on the subject.

Also I can't read the Crunchy article as I live in Japan and Crunchy doesn't let us see the news articles but I'll assume it's the producer/director/writer giving hints about Gargantia content of some kind, to which I hope it is simply as I suggested, an OVA or short.

Another series would just be painful.

TBH, after seeing the HOTD OVA's I'd find it a bit difficult to go in to another series of it with the same characters.


I've been here before gargantia aired, I'm not looking through old posts of you making a fool of yourself. You are a known annoyance on these forums.
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/29/14

Felstalker wrote:


Angerudusto wrote:

But what would they do in the sequel? Oh wait, what they did in the majority of the original: absolutely nothing .


That's cool with me. The plot is set up in a way to allow for endless day to day living and exploration over grand scheming plots.

As long as the characters are well written and they focus on character interaction I'm in for a second season.


Enough of the crazy cultist plots and space aliens. Stick to the culture shock and day to day I say!


Well that sounds horrendously boring and menial to me. I think I'll pass.
52119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/29/14 , edited 1/29/14

xxJing wrote:

Well if you live in Japan then you should understand Japanese.


You could live in another country and never learn the language. Or, at least, become fluent.

As for zipzo being an annoyance I don't think he is, though he could certainly be less... how to say it... judgmental?

xxJing 
37209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 1/29/14

Shrapnel893 wrote:


xxJing wrote:

Well if you live in Japan then you should understand Japanese.


You could live in another country and never learn the language. Or, at least, become fluent.

As for zipzo being an annoyance I don't think he is, though he could certainly be less... how to say it... judgmental?



You are actually right. My friend went to Japan with that English Teacher program, I was surprised when I heard him tell me that only like 1 of the other teachers who work for the same company speaks Japanese decently. I really thought that it was all like Japanophiles that applied for those jobs. One of the guys who worked there even left saying he never wanted to go back to Japan. It seems all types of people go to live there.

I personally have never been to Japan though. I learned Japanese so I could primarily understand anime and manga better. Considering that zipzo is on this website and lives in Japan though, I am inclined to believe that he knows Japanese as well.

22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 1/29/14

Angerudusto wrote:

Well that sounds horrendously boring and menial to me. I think I'll pass.


Possibility. Japan is super damn bad at day-to-day character interaction.

What anime designates as filler, the West tend to designate as crazy awesome episode day.

Like bottle episodes! You have Breaking Bad's episode about finding a fly in the meth lab. Communities episode about finding a pen in the study room. The Monk's episode about a murder on the air plane.

Day-to-Day doesn't mean boring, especially for a community on the brink of survival. That's the entire point of The Walking Dead... minus zombies.

They can do a lot of good things with the plot.... A lot of things they tend to do poorly....

I can see your point.
13466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / under fire
Offline
Posted 1/29/14 , edited 1/29/14

Hibria187 wrote:

I've been here before gargantia aired, I'm not looking through old posts of you making a fool of yourself. You are a known annoyance on these forums.


Says you...I have plenty a good time discussing with people on this forum, just because you find me annoying doesn't mean everyone does. I'm sure you feel your opinion is universal though, that seems to be typical among folks of your type.


xxJing wrote:

Well if you live in Japan then you should understand Japanese.

続編 generally does not mean OVA, it usually means a continuation of the same caliber as the original.


Few things. First, I do understand Japanese, as I am Japanese, but I don't see what that has to do with not knowing about an announcement.

Second, I have no TV, nor do I keep up with anime "news", CR is pretty much the one place I go to discuss anime. As I've explained before I spent time in the USA for an exchange event, and I purchased a CR sub while I was there and have since remained an active forum poster because I like some of the people and the discussion. I even kept a paid sub for a while just to show my support.


Shrapnel893 wrote:


xxJing wrote:

Well if you live in Japan then you should understand Japanese.


You could live in another country and never learn the language. Or, at least, become fluent.

As for zipzo being an annoyance I don't think he is, though he could certainly be less... how to say it... judgmental?



Pretty much this too. I actually work with several people who know barely any Japanese and have been here for years. It's mostly the greater Tokyo area only, live in a more rural place and you may find yourself a bit more handicapped should you not be prepared language-wise. However, live in the city and it's incredibly English friendly. Think of it as being similar to how the USA treats Spanish. At least that's the feeling I got when I was in the USA for a time.

As for being judgmental...I'm not sure that word applies. I'd say I have a harsh tone occasionally and many people seem to love pointing it out all the time but I'm not actually stabbing you through the internet, I promise, that's just how I like to debate.
xxJing 
37209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 1/29/14

zipzo wrote:


xxJing wrote:

Well if you live in Japan then you should understand Japanese.

続編 generally does not mean OVA, it usually means a continuation of the same caliber as the original.


Few things. First, I do understand Japanese, as I am Japanese, but I don't see what that has to do with not knowing about an announcement.

Second, I have no TV, nor do I keep up with anime "news", CR is pretty much the one place I go to discuss anime. As I've explained before I spent time in the USA for an exchange event, and I purchased a CR sub while I was there and have since remained an active forum poster because I like some of the people and the discussion. I even kept a paid sub for a while just to show my support.



Well if you didn't understand Japanese, you couldn't have read the snapshot I posted. My "you should understand Japanese" was sort of a backhanded way of saying "you should be able to read this announcement."

Also if you don't keep up with anime news. Then don't jump to conclusions. If there are a bunch of people discussing something as if it was officially announced, then it is likely that it was officially announced.
71058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/29/14 , edited 1/29/14

zipzo wrote:

Says you...I have plenty a good time discussing with people on this forum, just because you find me annoying doesn't mean everyone does. I'm sure you feel your opinion is universal though, that seems to be typical among folks of your type.

You have to accept the logical inverse in that case as well though, zipzo. You're plenty hot under the collar, that last jab being a good example. Just because it doesn't bother all of us doesn't make others wrong for being bothered.

I'm surprised English isn't your first language though, I would've sworn you were a native speaker.
104117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 1/29/14 , edited 1/29/14
It is a shame that I cannot follow everything given my situation, but… I think I grasp the situation quite well.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.