First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
I'm sad that the harem end option is so uncommon
23243 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
I don't expect them but I hope they are funny as Fujimura-Kun Meitsu harem ending.
104073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
I'm in china right now, otherwise I would posted in here earlier.

Perhaps budget cuts?
25546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Tampa FL, USA
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
What I think would be much more interesting (and rare) would be a harem series where all of the girls eventually get bored with the MC (because he is a bore) and move onto real reciprocal relationships... leaving the MC completely alone at the end.
2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 1/28/14 , edited 1/28/14
While I don't watch harems I always end up with a small harem inside anime. I personally don't care if people are happy as long as the goal Is met. Unless the potential goal is "which girl/guy will he/she end up with in the end" is the case where I turn the anime off. But I do wish they had endings because of that obsession I have with endings being good. And not many anime have that due to low DVD sales

Whatever about Suguha. She has a buddy she can sleep with instead of her twin brother Kirito (I know they aren't twins but they darn look like it in the anime. Seriously. Look at the two of them.) and Asuna's a nicer person anyways.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
I think the both option is great!



Campione! is another one that really does take the harem option.


Unbreakable Machine Dolls and girls at the magic school... Raishin gotta collect 'em all!
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 1/28/14

hpulley wrote:

I think the both option is great!


Campione! is another one that really does take the harem option.


Unbreakable Machine Dolls and girls at the magic school... Raishin gotta collect 'em all!


See it might just be me, but you show evidence like this where everyone is on the same equal footing, more or less (sure someone might be a childhood friend, fiancee, etc etc but to the guy they are all just girls[or for the girl all just guys]), in the Harem relationship, and... well they tend to be better shows in my opinion than shows that have a love triangle, or some other love trapezoid type shape, but when they choose just one and breaks the hearts more or less of the other guys/girls it makes it less good, not bad (usually) just not as good as when everybody wins.
7311 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Florida, US
Offline
Posted 1/28/14

GoldTStar wrote:

Either they all get together, or none of them get together. I don't like seeing the other girls (if they're cute) get hurt from not being the one chosen.

1 more chapter R+V, what will you do...

Ah...Asuna..."perfect girl" sike. Sugu may be an idiot, but she's cute... with big boobs


This is probably the biggest reason why I shy away from harem anime, or even love triangle anime: I hate seeing characters created solely for the purpose of failing. To exist as nothing but a temporary road bump, never to possibly have a chance with the MC. I just feel sad for them and have to stop watching because to me they are often better than the main girl in almost every aspect, but still they'll never get that happiness.
18902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
I would like to see the possibility of a Harem ending rather than know only one girl will win in the end. Not just to have the Harem ending but there is a certain appeal to the not being sure aspect. Also, its to formulaic now, some find it comforting, whereas I find it boring. I would be happy to see no-win scenarios, where the girls see the MC as to indecisive and get tired of waiting. Besides Fantasy requires some suspension of belief, or its just reality redone.
xxJing 
37183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Duckburg
Offline
Posted 1/28/14 , edited 1/28/14
There are two series that I really hope end with a harem ending. Mainly because for these two series a harem ending is not just POSSIBLE, but also fairly SIMPLE.

#1 Campione : Godou is the king. King of what I am not sure yet, but he is king of something otherwise people wouldn't call him the king. Also, Erika doesn't seem to mind him having one concubine, permitted she is the official wife. I don't see the problem with three concubines then. I don't really think number matters when you are dealing with polygamy, it's the more them merrier! My favorite is Lillianna though, she is just so cute.

#2 To Love Ru : Rito has the ability to become king of the universe's most powerful empire, if he simply marries the princes. Said princess, really doesn't mind him loving other girls as long as he loves her. Said princess's little sister would prefer that Rito establish a harem, rather than not being able to love her. Then you have all of those cute girls : Nana, Run, Kotegawa Yui, Haruna, Yami, Mikan, and I forget the rest at the moment, but there are more! Honestly, at this point, there is nothing but the harem ending. If they do not go down the harem ending, people will be gravely disappointed. Although honestly, I would be satisfied even if he just chose Lala and Momo , those are my two favorite girls.

Also forget Suguha and Asuna. This one is obviously the best choice:
2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 1/28/14

Lewtskie wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:

Either they all get together, or none of them get together. I don't like seeing the other girls (if they're cute) get hurt from not being the one chosen.

1 more chapter R+V, what will you do...

Ah...Asuna..."perfect girl" sike. Sugu may be an idiot, but she's cute... with big boobs


This is probably the biggest reason why I shy away from harem anime, or even love triangle anime: I hate seeing characters created solely for the purpose of failing. To exist as nothing but a temporary road bump, never to possibly have a chance with the MC. I just feel sad for them and have to stop watching because to me they are often better than the main girl in almost every aspect, but still they'll never get that happiness.


So you're saying Suguha's better than Asuna or is it just because of her....y'know. I dunno I still say Asuna's the better female of that series.
20850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
I thought I heard that the source novels for
had a harem ending. Though that's based on my vague recollections of second hand information, so I may be wrong.


But I agree that Campione!, To loveru, and maybe Highschool DxD are on the track for a harem ending, or at least that's the one that makes the most sense for them.
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Online
Posted 1/28/14

hatguy12 wrote:

I thought I heard that the source novels for
had a harem ending. Though that's based on my vague recollections of second hand information, so I may be wrong.


But I agree that Campione!, To loveru, and maybe Highschool DxD are on the track for a harem ending, or at least that's the one that makes the most sense for them.


Yeah:
Campione - The girls fighting over who gets precedence. To be honest, that boils down to either Erica or Yuri.
To LoveRu - If it doesn't end as a harem, everyone ends up unhappy
Highschool DxD - Rias will insist in being number 1 (she is his master). But, I don't think she will have a problem with the others, as long as Issei keeps her happy.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
The thing is with Unbreakable Machine Doll (at least in the anime) is that Raishin doesn't really show any hints of real romantic feelings toward any of the girls. He's more of a "I'll always help any one in need" kind of guy and his methods get misinterpreted by the girls.
It's a harem where I don't expect a harem end.

DxD will probably have a harem end.
TLR will probably have one too.
Sekirei might have one unless they pull something with the girls in the final stages.
Campione, the girls are ok with the harem idea though I have no idea how Godou feels about it

This is another thing I've noticed, there are some anime where the girls are perfectly fine with the lead having a bunch of girls around him but ultimately it's the guy who doesn't want it and rejects the idea.
36990 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/28/14
Is the harem end really that uncommon? I feel like I see it quite often. Obviously there's usually more of a main interest for the protagonist by the end, but she's usually just the (in prostitution terms) bottom bitch of the group
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 1/28/14

Balzack wrote:

Is the harem end really that uncommon? I feel like I see it quite often. Obviously there's usually more of a main interest for the protagonist by the end, but she's usually just the (in prostitution terms) bottom bitch of the group :P


To me, a successful harem end is when step 1) 3+ girls (or guys, whatever floats your boat) declare their love to the lead and step 2) the lead reciprocates all of their feelings.

For some reason, the farthest some shows get is step 1 lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.