First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Kill La Kill Fan Choice Dub
13115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/14 , edited 2/2/14
If Jamie Simone Voice Directs This (Which I highly doubt):

Laura Bailey/Matoi Ryuko

Fred Tatasciore/Sengetsu

Kari Wahlgen/ Satsuki Kiryuin

Cindy Robinson/ Mako Makanshouku

Elite Four

JB Blanc/ Ira Gamagoori

Matthew Mercer/ Uzu Sanageyama

Jason Spisak/ Houka Inumura

Tara Strong/ Nonon Jakuzure

Nudist Beach

Troy Baker/ Aikuro Mikisugi

Robin Arkin Downes/ Tsumugu Kinagase

Isshin Matoi/ Nolan North or JB Blanc

Revoc

Kelly Hu or Jennifer Hale/ Ragyo Kiryuin

Danica Mckeller/ Nui Harime

Other

Tara Strong or Kate Higgins/ Matarou Mankanshouku

Travis Willingham/ Bazaro Mankanshouku

Stephanie Sheh/ Sukuyo Mankanshouku


These are all star but expensive casting that I may believe Mr Simone would consider. The reason for this is because the series' production value and voice acting is top notch that it deserves a casting of it's caliber. I don't mind Funi taking over again as they would make the show fantastic with the casting of their own BUT In my opinion I think Kill La Kill deserves Jamie Simone, Laura Bailey and Neon Alley.

Just outing the impossible should be possible is all.







6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/14
But we can all agree that Harry Enfield should play Takarada, right?
22408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Offline
Posted 2/2/14

kaptainkooleio wrote:

Hilary Haag, Monica Rial or Jamie Marchi as the voice of Kiriyuin. Just imagine it.


If you're talking about Satsuki..no..no...noooope, no.

If Ragyo................................. yes. I can see it.


QuakaMania wrote:

JB Blanc/ Ira Gamagoori

These are all star but expensive casting that I may believe Mr Simone would consider. The reason for this is because the series' production value and voice acting is top notch that it deserves a casting of it's caliber. I don't mind Funi taking over again as they would make the show fantastic with the casting of their own BUT In my opinion I think Kill La Kill deserves Jamie Simone, Laura Bailey and Neon Alley.

Just outing the impossible should be possible is all.



JB Blanc......I can see it.

Simone however, I don't believe him a solid casting director. He localizes things more than translates them, and that's not something I feel Kill la KIll needs, hence I'm glad Aniplex has dubbing duties here, instead of Funimation or Viz, as they tend to tone-down localization.

Hell, if we were really lucky, Sentai would've got the rights, and they often go so far as to keep honor-fic's when they do manage to Dub something. not that "Lady Satsuki" rings any less well than "Satsuki-sama"

17191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The OC
Offline
Posted 2/2/14

Felstalker wrote:


kaptainkooleio wrote:

Hilary Haag, Monica Rial or Jamie Marchi as the voice of Kiriyuin. Just imagine it.


If you're talking about Satsuki..no..no...noooope, no.

If Ragyo................................. yes. I can see it.


QuakaMania wrote:

JB Blanc/ Ira Gamagoori

These are all star but expensive casting that I may believe Mr Simone would consider. The reason for this is because the series' production value and voice acting is top notch that it deserves a casting of it's caliber. I don't mind Funi taking over again as they would make the show fantastic with the casting of their own BUT In my opinion I think Kill La Kill deserves Jamie Simone, Laura Bailey and Neon Alley.

Just outing the impossible should be possible is all.



JB Blanc......I can see it.

Simone however, I don't believe him a solid casting director. He localizes things more than translates them, and that's not something I feel Kill la KIll needs, hence I'm glad Aniplex has dubbing duties here, instead of Funimation or Viz, as they tend to tone-down localization.

Hell, if we were really lucky, Sentai would've got the rights, and they often go so far as to keep honor-fic's when they do manage to Dub something. not that "Lady Satsuki" rings any less well than "Satsuki-sama"



I only meant for them to voice Satsuki as a parody
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 2/5/14 , edited 2/5/14
Very impressive fan dub here, especially the op song and the 3rd vid. (Only watch vid 3 if you are already past up to ep 14, don't want to spoil it for anyone. Also congrats to youtuber Dat Grey Mind, for fandub it's great!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7xxGC8aOwc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UknXfd5rHrs

2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 5/14/14
Dub is in progress, 1st ep is to be screened at anime con in usa. Look forward to the cast reveal!!
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/14/14

DalekCaan wrote:

Dub is in progress, 1st ep is to be screened at anime con in usa. Look forward to the cast reveal!!


I really hope it turns out well and that Toonami gets a hold of it!!!!
62812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/14 , edited 5/14/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:
I really hope it turns out well and that Toonami gets a hold of it!!!!

lol will they really air a fan dub though? Or is it official and stuff?
64908 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 5/14/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:


DalekCaan wrote:

Dub is in progress, 1st ep is to be screened at anime con in usa. Look forward to the cast reveal!!


I really hope it turns out well and that Toonami gets a hold of it!!!!


This sounds like a show that would do well on Toonami. Of course, with the amount of fanservice (and I might add, it's meaningful fanservice considering that clothing is the source of power) that it might needs some edits. Anyway, this show looks like it will be a non-union dub by Bang Zoom, which means union-only actors like Kari Wahlgren and Crispin Freeman will not be in it.
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/14/14

bathroom64 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:
I really hope it turns out well and that Toonami gets a hold of it!!!!

lol will they really air a fan dub though? Or is it official and stuff?


Oh it's definitely official. CR posted a news article about it not too long ago.
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 5/14/14 , edited 5/14/14

Bakaneer wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:


DalekCaan wrote:

Dub is in progress, 1st ep is to be screened at anime con in usa. Look forward to the cast reveal!!


I really hope it turns out well and that Toonami gets a hold of it!!!!


This sounds like a show that would do well on Toonami. Of course, with the amount of fanservice (and I might add, it's meaningful fanservice considering that clothing is the source of power) that it might needs some edits. Anyway, this show looks like it will be a non-union dub by Bang Zoom, which means union-only actors like Kari Wahlgren and Crispin Freeman will not be in it.


No Kari Wahlgren?!!?!?!?! Boooo!!!!!!

And I think it should be fine. Space Dandy had some very revealing scenes. Plus, considering all the other shows they show on Adult Swim? I think it will be just fine.
3066 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / San Fran
Offline
Posted 5/15/14 , edited 5/15/14
I agree that Michael Lindsay should voice Mikisugi and Kari Wahlgren should voice Nonon. But if you ask me, I think Tara Platt should voice Ryuko and Wendee Lee should voice Satsuki. Also, I think Christopher Sabat should voice Gamagoori. Don't you think?
6607 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/15/14

DalekCaan wrote:

Dub is in progress, 1st ep is to be screened at anime con in usa. Look forward to the cast reveal!!


*fangirl screams externally*
318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Your Hearts ; )
Offline
Posted 5/15/14
How come no one metioned this
WHAT IF 4KIDS DUBBED KILL LA KILL?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55iX64NmUDA&index=8&list=FLFjqt7JqSPDubRF_1djlwBg
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 5/16/14

Angerudusto wrote:


DalekCaan wrote:

Dub is in progress, 1st ep is to be screened at anime con in usa. Look forward to the cast reveal!!


*fangirl screams externally*


There will be plenty of screaming fandom when dub ep is revealed at anime con. Think they'll announce cast at event too.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.