Post Reply Wakfu kickstarter
65155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 2/2/14 , edited 2/2/14
The Wakfu kickstarter was featured in Crunchyroll news a while ago, but I just wanted to mention it again here with 2 weeks left (ends Feb. 19):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1836563008/wakfu-the-animated-series





Perks and reached goals include uncensored blu-rays, OVAs animated by Japanese studios, English dub of S1 and S2, artbooks, manga and figures, MMO items, etc and their next stretch goal which is close, are mini-Wakfu episodes with chibi characters:





If you're an artist: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1836563008/wakfu-the-animated-series/posts/730825

But it's not just about the official images! If you're a fanartist, we need you! We want to make a master post of Wakfu fanart, so if you do have any fanart you would like to share with us (and the world), please do not hesitate to comment on this update with a link to your fanart!

If you have a website, tumblr, or deviantart, etc site that we can link to in the master post, please include that too!


Finally, if anyone is interested here is post discussing ideas and challenges for Season 3:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1836563008/wakfu-the-animated-series/posts/729723
Banned
16804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 2/2/14
I thought it was 'waifu kickstarter'. I am now sad.
15321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 2/2/14
WAIT, QUESTION.

I'm going to be googling this in a moment anyways. But if someone could give me their own answer, I would love to hear it.

What is this Wakfu, why have I not heard of it, and why should I be interested?

That said, the big demon guy in the back ground is all I need to look into this.
34363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/14
The series was inspired by a French game. It's since been released in English and has had several spin offs. At least according to Wiki Wakfu was actually a spin off of another French game called Dofus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakfu I remember the game, but I didn't know there was an animated series.
65155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
114
Offline
Posted 2/2/14
@Felstalker

sorry, not my words, but I'd refer you to the description here
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WesternAnimation/Wakfu
(with some disagreement on the target audience; actually some of this gets into the things discussed by the creator in the S3 link above)

Check out their action trailer on the front page:
https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/assets/001/543/650/fa421728e99f3819ccbdd2f7c42d9df8_h264_high.mp4

And the link to the character designer/cocreator/animator if you're interested in the art
http://xa-xa-xa.deviantart.com/
GerryO 
15553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tyler, Texas
Offline
Posted 2/2/14
shoot I didn't even think of making a forum for wakfu, that would've been really helpful in the early days of the kickstarter
Anyways you guys should definitely consider backing this project wakfu seems like a really cool show with amazing animation, nice action, and really likable characters.
15321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 2/2/14
From what I've looked into just now, it seems like something really awesome. If only I didn't suck at French. I took 3 Years in High School, 70 all three years. I swear the teacher just saw how pathetic I was at French, and decided to pass me on pity.

That's rather cool, they should try to get Wakfu on some American Cartoon channel while they're at it, I remember Code Lyoko growing up, THAT was one unique show. How come the French always make the original..yet not original at all shows? It's like, everything I want in a show, that I already have else where.....but in one place.
34363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/14

Felstalker wrote:

From what I've looked into just now, it seems like something really awesome. If only I didn't suck at French. I took 3 Years in High School, 70 all three years. I swear the teacher just saw how pathetic I was at French, and decided to pass me on pity.

That's rather cool, they should try to get Wakfu on some American Cartoon channel while they're at it, I remember Code Lyoko growing up, THAT was one unique show. How come the French always make the original..yet not original at all shows? It's like, everything I want in a show, that I already have else where.....but in one place.


The game .. is in English.. that's why I put the wiki (it has the platforms it's available in - including Xbox 360).. and the anime in English.. That is what the kickstarter is for!
15321 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 2/2/14

Arsenette wrote:


The game .. is in English.. that's why I put the wiki (it has the platforms it's available in - including Xbox 360).. and the anime in English.. That is what the kickstarter is for!


I get that. What I inferred from the Kickstarter however, is it's an English Blu-ray release and dub for everywhere else. No mention of it appearing on T.V. I did take 3 years of french, and do wish I could look it up and watch it in French....but god does it ever remind me how much I suck at French

The game is not what I'm talking about, altho it does sound rather awesome.
34363 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 2/2/14

Felstalker wrote:


Arsenette wrote:


The game .. is in English.. that's why I put the wiki (it has the platforms it's available in - including Xbox 360).. and the anime in English.. That is what the kickstarter is for!


I get that. What I inferred from the Kickstarter however, is it's an English Blu-ray release and dub for everywhere else. No mention of it appearing on T.V. I did take 3 years of french, and do wish I could look it up and watch it in French....but god does it ever remind me how much I suck at French

The game is not what I'm talking about, altho it does sound rather awesome.


Do me a favor.. open the kickstarter page.. then READ THE FIRST LINE

38745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 2/2/14 , edited 2/2/14
I like the tsundere elf in the poster going "I'm not here because I was worried about you or anything, baka."
You must be logged in to post.