Post Reply delete premium membership
10005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/14
So I signed up for a free trial through itunes and they automatically renewed my subscription and started charging me every month through itunes. i tried to turn off the subscription on itunes and it wasn't even showing that i had a subscription. i contacted both crunchyroll and itunes support and neither of them were able to help me and yet i am clearly being charged. has anyone had a similar experience? im so frustrated and i dont want to have to pay 7 dollars a month its ridiculous someone please help!
58668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 2/2/14

PureImagination wrote:

So I signed up for a free trial through itunes and they automatically renewed my subscription and started charging me every month through itunes. i tried to turn off the subscription on itunes and it wasn't even showing that i had a subscription. i contacted both crunchyroll and itunes support and neither of them were able to help me and yet i am clearly being charged. has anyone had a similar experience? im so frustrated and i dont want to have to pay 7 dollars a month its ridiculous someone please help!


For iTunes-based subscriptions, I believe you have to work through Apple's support. Good luck, I guess.
2624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Huntington Beach,...
Offline
Posted 2/10/14 , edited 2/10/14


PureImagination wrote:

So I signed up for a free trial through itunes and they automatically renewed my subscription and started charging me every month through itunes. i tried to turn off the subscription on itunes and it wasn't even showing that i had a subscription. i contacted both crunchyroll and itunes support and neither of them were able to help me and yet i am clearly being charged. has anyone had a similar experience? im so frustrated and i dont want to have to pay 7 dollars a month its ridiculous someone please help!




I agree the automatic charge is uncalled her. I recently had a charge too and I cancelled immediately once I was informed of the charge. I asked for a refund but they refused. I panicked because I thought it was going to over withdraw my account but fortunately I had enough money in the bank account

Crunchyroll should have the automatic renew option off in the first place because I am wary of companies handling customer financial information.
The Wise Wizard
99927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/11/14

khanhcpham wrote:

Crunchyroll should have the automatic renew option off in the first place because I am wary of companies handling customer financial information.

Like Netflix and Hulu Plus, CR is a subscription service, which implies automatic renewal until cancelled.

10005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
the thing is, is that i did talk to apple support. i emailed back and forth with apple support for a week. they couldnt find my subscription at all. how can i cancel my subscription if they cant even find it?
The Wise Wizard
99927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/18/14

PureImagination wrote:

the thing is, is that i did talk to apple support. i emailed back and forth with apple support for a week. they couldnt find my subscription at all. how can i cancel my subscription if they cant even find it?

Does the charge on your monthly card or bank statement show up as coming from Apple or Crunchyroll?

You must be logged in to post.