First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Extended Discussion
Master Otaku
46404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 3/1/14 , edited 3/1/14
http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/kids-dont-forget-to-make-your-gender-choice/
I feel like this is going way too far for transgender. This is just completely insane.
71032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 3/2/14
Man, I'm not sure how I feel about this law.

America is dominated by ignorance when it comes to the issue of gender identity. I want to make it clear that I am not well read on the subject so I encourage anybody who's reading this to take what I say with at least a little bit of skepticism. That being said, I also want to make sure you guys know that I'm not just pulling this stuff out of my a**, and that I have done a smidgen or research before writing this.

Gender Identity is an extremely complicated and vague issue. And people with Gender Identity Disorder experience a lot of distress because of the difference between their perceived and assigned gender. As a male, I can't imagine being forced to use the girls bathroom. That wouldn't make any sense, I'm a boy.

I imagine this is the reality for people with GID. Growing up being told that they are something that they truly believe they are not. Being forced to do things that go against how they perceive themselves.

I don't think it is something you choose. Why would you want to? Gender identity isn't what gender you want to be, it's what gender you think you are. They may sound similar but they are extremely different.

That being said, I'm wary of letting children decide for themselves what gender they identify as at such a young age.

But article trivializes the issue to such an extent that I gave up on trying to read the whole thing. It's offensive and misinformed.

I do think at this point we need a step in the right direction in terms of gender identity in schools. A few more landmark court cases, some more national knowledge on the issue. But as with many of the laws California passes, instead of a step in the right direction, this bill is like a human cannonball being shot out of a cannon pointed in the general vicinity, with a high potential to overshoot, or even miss completely.
Otaku
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/14
i think thats asinine, i was born with a PENIS hence i am male. i can just say im a female because i want to or i am truly stupid, special, or just insane to believe im actually a female. However, it would Make sense if there was a case of someone, in birth, has male and female hormones and or sexual organs. that i would believe would be up for the parents to judge the child male of female, or keep him the way he is.
Master Otaku
46404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 3/2/14
A perfect example of who suffers from a situation like this is Seishirō Tsugumi.
Master Otaku
46404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 3/2/14 , edited 3/2/14
If the world could be without hate, would that be good or bad in your opinion?
Otaku
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/5/14
the only thing i can see "good" out of no hatred is kindness. but if we lived in a world without hate, anger, fear,and desires. we would just be a bunch of robots without the willpower to think on our own.
71032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 3/9/14
I'm with Michael on this one.
71032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
Since I probably shouldn't post this in chat, I'll post it here:

\
Otaku
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/14/14
now who in the right mind would trust obama? i mean really, he lies, NEVER takes responsibility , is always trying to ovoid the constitution, and every day he gets more power. why would the people allow this? am i the only one that sees a communist uprising?
Master Otaku
46404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 3/15/14

michaeldeska wrote:

now who in the right mind would trust obama? i mean really, he lies, NEVER takes responsibility , is always trying to ovoid the constitution, and every day he gets more power. why would the people allow this? am i the only one that sees a communist uprising?


I don't see communism rising. I see corruption.
Otaku
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/14

Boruma wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:

now who in the right mind would trust obama? i mean really, he lies, NEVER takes responsibility , is always trying to ovoid the constitution, and every day he gets more power. why would the people allow this? am i the only one that sees a communist uprising?


I don't see communism rising. I see corruption.


Which is leading to communism, i mean look at obama care and tell me thats not communism
Master Otaku
46404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 3/15/14 , edited 3/15/14

michaeldeska wrote:


Boruma wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:

now who in the right mind would trust obama? i mean really, he lies, NEVER takes responsibility , is always trying to ovoid the constitution, and every day he gets more power. why would the people allow this? am i the only one that sees a communist uprising?


I don't see communism rising. I see corruption.


Which is leading to communism, i mean look at obama care and tell me thats not communism


I still see capitalism. There is still the option of multiple health companies just more tax. I think you're thinking of oligarchy or dictatorship as in a group ruling over everything and the people having no say. Dictatorship the difference is only one person has all the power.
Otaku
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/15/14

Boruma wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:


Boruma wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:

now who in the right mind would trust obama? i mean really, he lies, NEVER takes responsibility , is always trying to ovoid the constitution, and every day he gets more power. why would the people allow this? am i the only one that sees a communist uprising?


I don't see communism rising. I see corruption.


Which is leading to communism, i mean look at obama care and tell me thats not communism


I still see capitalism. There is still the option of multiple health companies just more tax. I think you're thinking of oligarchy or dictatorship as in a group ruling over everything and the people having no say. Dictatorship the difference is only one person has all the power.


your right, but it keeps inching forward the more people trust Obama
Master Otaku
46404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 3/16/14

michaeldeska wrote:


Boruma wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:


Boruma wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:

now who in the right mind would trust obama? i mean really, he lies, NEVER takes responsibility , is always trying to ovoid the constitution, and every day he gets more power. why would the people allow this? am i the only one that sees a communist uprising?


I don't see communism rising. I see corruption.


Which is leading to communism, i mean look at obama care and tell me thats not communism


I still see capitalism. There is still the option of multiple health companies just more tax. I think you're thinking of oligarchy or dictatorship as in a group ruling over everything and the people having no say. Dictatorship the difference is only one person has all the power.


your right, but it keeps inching forward the more people trust Obama


Are you sure it's not just the president, but also Congress as well? Don't they also have the same notion?
Otaku
16093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/16/14

Boruma wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:


Boruma wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:


Boruma wrote:


michaeldeska wrote:

now who in the right mind would trust obama? i mean really, he lies, NEVER takes responsibility , is always trying to ovoid the constitution, and every day he gets more power. why would the people allow this? am i the only one that sees a communist uprising?


I don't see communism rising. I see corruption.


Which is leading to communism, i mean look at obama care and tell me thats not communism


I still see capitalism. There is still the option of multiple health companies just more tax. I think you're thinking of oligarchy or dictatorship as in a group ruling over everything and the people having no say. Dictatorship the difference is only one person has all the power.


your right, but it keeps inching forward the more people trust Obama


Are you sure it's not just the president, but also Congress as well? Don't they also have the same notion?


yes, the whole liberal party
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.