First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
How much life threatening is going out of your house for you?
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 2/3/14 , edited 2/3/14
I couldn't come up a better title then this. How much life threatening is going out of your house and try to go to store or other interesting places for you?

For me it's very life threatening, because where ever i go i ride a bike or walk. You may say "I ride a bike or walk ever day and their is nothing life threatening", but in my area it's very rare people who ride a bike and walk on the rode, even worth someplace there is no pedestrian road and the road is only for a car.
Posted 2/3/14
the sunlight, it burns my eyes and skin...
Posted 2/3/14
^ hahaaa.

hm.. It's too cold, so I'm going to stay inside with my warm heater.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/14 , edited 2/3/14
Me leaving my house isn't a threat to me.

It's a threat to other people.
12057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Montréal, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/3/14
I live in a supposedly bad neighborhood in Montreal however the community here seem to have changed a lot with the arrival of the new generation of parents. A lot of young people around me. I feel completely safe.
1651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 2/3/14
I live in a gated apartment complex and rarely venture further than 10 minutes up the road to the grocery for Cheez-Its and Coke Zero, so going outside isn't threatening.

Could easily become so if I went 10 minutes in the wrong direction, though.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 2/3/14 , edited 2/3/14
I'm not THAT much of a shut-in to be scared about going outside. In fact I like going out more often than staying in, but that could be because I work from home, so leaving my house is like a vacation, or something, for me.

Unless you mean just generally like from how crime is in my area and such, which if that is the case, my town last time I remember got a award for being one of the safer larger metropolitan areas in the state, if not the midwest possibly... cant remember that was like back in 2010.

Hell i'm probably more of a danger to myself than anything in my city. I'm also probably a danger to my city...

If I was suppose to take this thread as a different meaning I missed it...
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 2/3/14

Phersu wrote:

Me leaving my house isn't a threat to me.

It's a threat to other people.


How so...? Do you have like mental disorder that like make you want to punch someone on the face like that?
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/14 , edited 2/3/14

Thfelese wrote:


Phersu wrote:

Me leaving my house isn't a threat to me.

It's a threat to other people.


How so...? Do you have like mental disorder that like make you want to punch someone on the face like that?


I'm a sadistic, and possibly sociopathic, man who enjoys interesting things. My existence is dangerous in general. Plus, I steal faces.
21016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32
Offline
Posted 2/3/14

Stonewolfe wrote:

Unless you mean just generally like from how crime is in my area and such, which if that is the case, my town last time I remember got a award for being one of the safer larger metropolitan areas in the state, if not the midwest possibly... cant remember that was like back in 2010.


Their has been more than 5 or 10 death from shooting in my area the past 7 years, but i still count the shooting less life threatening than the road.
14897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 2/3/14 , edited 2/3/14
Welcome To The NHK!
That's the anime I was reminded of when I read the title. ._.
556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/14
I don't have much reason to leave my house aside from work, but when I do I don't feel like there's much to worry about. Sometimes I'm a little paranoid of car accidents, which is a completely rational fear. I hate the idea of surviving with horrible life-long injuries. Other than that I have pretty bad social anxiety sometimes and am afraid to have to talk to people, but that isn't life-threatening.

Coming from someone that would be considered a shut-in, on the occasion that I leave my house to go enjoy something I don't let fears get in the way. You're going to die someday, if you let fears prevent you from enjoying what you can, then what's the point?
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 2/3/14

Thfelese wrote:


Stonewolfe wrote:

Unless you mean just generally like from how crime is in my area and such, which if that is the case, my town last time I remember got a award for being one of the safer larger metropolitan areas in the state, if not the midwest possibly... cant remember that was like back in 2010.


Their has been more than 5 or 10 death from shooting in my area the past 7 years, but i still count the shooting less life threatening than the road.


I don't like trying to tally up crimes in my area, it might have a nice award and record for low crime and being safe... but it is still a 15 county metropolitan area, with a population of like... 2 million or something like that. I live more or less only about 15 mins away from the center of it which makes where I live only like 30 mins away from the downtown area. That much area no matter how low the crime rate and safe it is will show some staggering numbers in crimes.

Even trying to narrow it down to just where I live you have at least 3 cities within a 5 minute drive either direction, each with a population of anywhere from like 70k to 180k.

Anywho as for roads being more dangerous... eh hit or miss where I live, a lot of roads have bike lanes now so that is slowly but surely helping in some areas to reduce bike to car accidents, but it obviously isn't everywhere. Most roads have sidewalks so pedestrians are fine as well (though some joggers on side streets don't use sidewalks).
Posted 2/3/14

Phersu wrote:

I'm a sadistic, and possibly sociopathic, man who enjoys interesting things. My existence is dangerous in general. Plus, I steal faces.


Stop lying xD you're sweet as a pie and everyone else outside are sadistic, possibly sociopathic humans who enjoy uninteresting things. Their existence is dangerous in general. Plus, they all look the same.
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/14


Man - I could show you my sociopathic side.

Woman - How bout I show you my sadism? Personally?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.