Mai Mai Miracle English release Kickstarter
81196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
116
Offline
Posted 2/7/14 , edited 2/8/14
A 2009 Madhouse studio movie aiming for an English release:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alltheanime/mai-mai-miracle



The Blu-rays, DVDs and Artbook goals have already been reached



(Note: this is not the actual artbook nor the artwork, but a sample used to show how the book will be like, quality and format wise)


Directed by Sunao Katabuchi, director and former protégé of the legendary Hayao Miyazaki, Mai Mai Miracle is particularly noted for its beautifully designed background art. The film itself garnered much of its success in Japan thanks to a slow but enthusiastic build up of word of mouth, quickly making it a niche favourite amongst anime fans ever since.

Such a film dripping with gorgeous art, sweetness and a story rich in the magic of childhood imagination, growing up and friendship should be enjoyed by a wider audience. This Kickstarter campaign will allow us to do just that, to finally bring about the release of Mai Mai Miracle for the first time in UK and US complete with English subtitles and, hopefully, an English dub!


Just watch the video on the front page!
31301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 2/8/14
I backed this up the first moment I got home. I was in Java class when the Kickstarter was opened (I subscribed to the email for when they first open up) but sadly Kickstarter was blocked in my high school so I couldn't get the early bird supporter case... When I got home, I was like 30 people too late for the early bird... :(

But I kinda wish that the art book isn't $75. It's too steep for me. If it was like $40, I would totally get it. But I guess the $55 tier is good enough for me (since I haven't watch the movie yet...)
37743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 2/9/14
It currently seems to be stuck on 998 backers.
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 2/10/14

lolitsronald wrote:

I backed this up the first moment I got home. I was in Java class when the Kickstarter was opened (I subscribed to the email for when they first open up) but sadly Kickstarter was blocked in my high school so I couldn't get the early bird supporter case... When I got home, I was like 30 people too late for the early bird... :(

But I kinda wish that the art book isn't $75. It's too steep for me. If it was like $40, I would totally get it. But I guess the $55 tier is good enough for me (since I haven't watch the movie yet...)


Snap, missed that too, so i chose $55. Today we backers get to choose 2 options.
A, is the commentary with Jonathan Clements about the film.
B, replica pamphlet based off original for the theatrical release.

Tough decision. I voted A, since its j.c. Normally I'd stick to art replica but option a seems interesting to me. I'd like j.c. to have a interview with the director, that would be awesome!

Shame we can't have the other if it keeps getting more backers.
31301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 2/10/14

DalekCaan wrote:


lolitsronald wrote:

I backed this up the first moment I got home. I was in Java class when the Kickstarter was opened (I subscribed to the email for when they first open up) but sadly Kickstarter was blocked in my high school so I couldn't get the early bird supporter case... When I got home, I was like 30 people too late for the early bird... :(

But I kinda wish that the art book isn't $75. It's too steep for me. If it was like $40, I would totally get it. But I guess the $55 tier is good enough for me (since I haven't watch the movie yet...)


Snap, missed that too, so i chose $55. Today we backers get to choose 2 options.
A, is the commentary with Jonathan Clements about the film.
B, replica pamphlet based off original for the theatrical release.

Tough decision. I voted A, since its j.c. Normally I'd stick to art replica but option a seems interesting to me. I'd like j.c. to have a interview with the director, that would be awesome!

Shame we can't have the other if it keeps getting more backers.


I would totally like Option B for me, as it's a kickstarter, let's try to get some exclusive physical bonuses that would make the $45+ tier better! Also, I typically don't watch commentaries as extras... I prefer to have physical goodies too.
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 2/10/14
Now I'm siding with 2nd option. Hate choosing between two interesting extras.
24913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 2/10/14

lolitsronald wrote:

I backed this up the first moment I got home. I was in Java class when the Kickstarter was opened (I subscribed to the email for when they first open up) but sadly Kickstarter was blocked in my high school so I couldn't get the early bird supporter case... When I got home, I was like 30 people too late for the early bird... :(

But I kinda wish that the art book isn't $75. It's too steep for me. If it was like $40, I would totally get it. But I guess the $55 tier is good enough for me (since I haven't watch the movie yet...)


I only barely caught it. I subscribed to be alerted when it started but I wasn't sent the email. I just happened to browse Anime Limited's Twitter to find that it had started and I only just got in the Early Bird Collector's Edition. There were only 9 left at the time...
2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 2/16/14
Look forward to the next update with new content. Still like to see something as a bonus for $55 since we couldn't get $45, maybe we get to choose certain content if the project hits it's next goal.
31301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Watching CR
Offline
Posted 3/6/14
We are at $103,000 with 9 hours remaining. We just need $2000 to get the sound track with the collectors edition. That just around 37 more people to kickstart it!
57656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / Buried under a pi...
Offline
Posted 3/7/14

lolitsronald wrote:

We are at $103,000 with 9 hours remaining. We just need $2000 to get the sound track with the collectors edition. That just around 37 more people to kickstart it!


IF they can get approval from Japan for the soundtrack. They're still working on that. Keep your fingers crossed! I'd LOVE to have the soundtrack included too.
55907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 3/7/14 , edited 3/7/14
It is at $103,906 with 7 hours left... I think it might make the $105,000 goal for the soundtrack; although it is not currently guaranteed, the funding needs to be there for them to pursue it further. Assuming it meets the goal, I think there's a good chance they'd be able to clear the soundtrack given the added time to negotiate between the end of the Kickstarter and delivery time for the rewards.

Edit: And it finished with 1,903 backers and a total of $107,153 out of an initial goal of $30,000. Not too shabby, and as a potential bonus the OST is now on the table.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
You must be logged in to post.