Recommend an anime podcast
11867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/14
I have been getting into podcast about anime lately and was wondering if anyone can recommend some. So far the only ones that I can find are Anime Pulse, OtakuGeneration and Podtaku. I would prefer it if they updated weekly or bi-weekly.

Thank you for your time.
40936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 2/10/14
The fine people over at the @CrunchyReport do a nice job each week.

They are primarily doing videos, but they have podcast formats with audio only, as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrunchyReport?feature=watch

Also, for future reference, a question like this would probably be better suited in the Anime Help Thread: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-10664/the-anime-help-thread
11867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/14

iblessall wrote:

The fine people over at the @CrunchyReport do a nice job each week.

They are primarily doing videos, but they have podcast formats with audio only, as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrunchyReport?feature=watch

Also, for future reference, a question like this would probably be better suited in the Anime Help Thread: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-10664/the-anime-help-thread


Thank you! I will give them a try.

21557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Online
Posted 2/10/14
PodTaku is pretty good too though they are pretty much anime snobs
66756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Lagrange, KY
Offline
Posted 2/10/14

uncletim wrote:

PodTaku is pretty good too though they are pretty much anime snobs


Maybe they are bit the snobbish but there still better than pod-cast I've listen to. If you want to listen elitist assholes I recommend TOS "the other side" with Cody Baier. The Fact he uses shock-jock as title of endearment should tell you enough.
http://www.anime3000.com/a3k-network/165-the-other-side.html

Now Pod-cast I do recommend is anime news networks podcast or ANNCAST. It's can be informative at times by having people from funimation, manga gamer and viz on the show. If you're looking to see how the industry works I highly recommend you listen to them.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/
11867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/10/14

uncletim wrote:

PodTaku is pretty good too though they are pretty much anime snobs


I agree that they can be snobbish about anime sometimes but they don't really try to hide it sometimes they even admit that they enjoy an anime they are bashing.
One Punch Mod
97914 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/10/14

galdris wrote:

I have been getting into podcast about anime lately and was wondering if anyone can recommend some. So far the only ones that I can find are Anime Pulse, OtakuGeneration and Podtaku. I would prefer it if they updated weekly or bi-weekly.

Thank you for your time.


Hi! Looks like you've got some great suggestions.

Just so you know, though, I'm closing this because it falls under the category of a "personal" thread--where instead of starting an open discussion you're requesting information primarily for your own benefit. Individual personal threads are against CR's site rules, but we do have an Anime Help Thread set aside for asking miscellaneous questions, such as this, related to anime. Next time please post there (it's "stickied" near the top of the Anime forum so should be easy to find, once you know it exists and what it's for!).

Enjoy your new podcasts!
You must be logged in to post.