First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply CR Website Approaching Being Unusable
The Wise Wizard
100929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/12/14

SniperFodder wrote:

If I were asked if I could recommend crunchyroll for anime, I'd have to say no. Not only did they spam the shit out of my inbox their streaming service does not deliver. I'd easily pay 3 times what I did for for my premium membership for stable, high definition, anime streams.

If you feel they are spamming your inbox, you probably need to adjust your e-mail subscriptions.



As an aside, when I canceled my membership, I only canceled the re-occurring payment as I was going to continue to use my premium membership until the time was up. Crunchyroll decided since I wasn't going to automatically pay each month they immediately canceled my premium membership status.

If you were on a month-to-month membership, the only button on the membership status page should have been "Cancel Membership", not "Cancel Membership Renewal", as the latter is only an option for memberships that have more than 30 days until the next renewal date. There also should have been text notifying you that your membership would be cancelled immediately (whether you read it or not), before having to click once again to confirm.

If you cancelled renewal via some other method, such as cancelling a recurring PayPal payment, then your results might vary (although obviously CR couldn't inform you of the consequences in advance).

If you contact CR customer service (via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page) they can restore your membership for the duration it would have originally lasted for.
5024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

TheAncientOne wrote:

If you were on a month-to-month membership, the only button on the membership status page should have been "Cancel Membership", not "Cancel Membership Renewal", as the latter is only an option for memberships that have more than 30 days until the next renewal date. There also should have been text notifying you that your membership would be cancelled immediately (whether you read it or not), before having to click once again to confirm.

If you cancelled renewal via some other method, such as cancelling a recurring PayPal payment, then your results might vary (although obviously CR couldn't inform you of the consequences in advance).

If you contact CR customer service (via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page) they can restore your membership for the duration it would have originally lasted for.


And what? Be premium and still be unable to stream, even in standard definition? Not worth the effort or money I've put into this service already.

I've tried to be patient with Crunchyroll over the life of my membership, which happened to be relatively short. 6 months at most. Constantly not being able to stream in Standard definition, let alone 1080p or lower, really is a big turn off.

Since CR was so obsessive about giving me achievements, I made one special just for CR.

The Wise Wizard
100929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

SniperFodder wrote:

And what? Be premium and still be unable to stream, even in standard definition? Not worth the effort or money I've put into this service already.

So basically you were complaining about something that didn't matter to you. Got it.

zwi
8384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Wichita, KS
Offline
Posted 2/13/14 , edited 2/13/14

Raspike55 wrote:

CR's servers are in Wichita, Kansas.


I live in Wichita, KS and have issues. I think our ISP changed recently here on campus so I can't completely blame CR for some of the problems I get with the service. That said there does seem to be a disparity with service delivery that leads me to think that they just can't handle the number of subscribers, so I hope for their sake that something changes so that we don't have to keep seeing threads like this pop up constantly.
25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/14 , edited 2/13/14

drksilenc wrote:

same here. tracerts to cr are bad as well.
1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 5 ms 4 ms 4 ms L100.PITBPA-VFTTP-24.verizon-gni.net [96.236.155
.1]
3 6 ms 7 ms 6 ms G0-1-2-0.PITBPA-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.2
12.228]
4 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms xe-15-1-0-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
209.38]
5 12 ms 12 ms * 0.xe-1-0-0.BR2.IAD8.ALTER.NET [152.63.38.137]
6 57 ms 58 ms 57 ms te0-1-0-14.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.5
4.12.45]
7 61 ms 57 ms 60 ms be2113.mpd21.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
170]
8 90 ms 93 ms 94 ms be2155.mpd22.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
.78]
9 95 ms 95 ms 95 ms be2158.mpd21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.
129]
10 126 ms 125 ms 125 ms be2256.ccr21.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.
89]
11 * * 123 ms be2165.ccr22.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.28
.66]
12 * 167 ms * te7-1.ccr01.sjc05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.7
4]
13 185 ms 185 ms * 38.122.92.6
14 150 ms 149 ms * 38.72.194.43
15 155 ms * * 38.72.194.43
16 160 ms 160 ms 160 ms 38.72.194.43

Trace complete.



1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms L100.PITBPA-VFTTP-24.verizon-gni.net [96.236.155
.1]
3 7 ms 6 ms 9 ms G0-1-2-0.PITBPA-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.2
12.228]
4 18 ms 22 ms 13 ms xe-15-1-0-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
209.38]
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 58 ms 56 ms 57 ms te0-1-0-14.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.5
4.12.45]
7 * 56 ms * be2112.mpd22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.5.
234]
8 83 ms 86 ms 92 ms be2155.mpd22.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.31
.78]
9 95 ms 95 ms 95 ms be2159.mpd22.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.24
.81]
10 * 125 ms 127 ms be2132.ccr21.sfo01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30
.53]
11 123 ms 151 ms * be2164.ccr21.sjc01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.28
.34]
12 178 ms * 176 ms te7-1.ccr01.sjc05.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.7
4]
13 185 ms * * 38.122.92.6
14 147 ms * 156 ms 38.72.194.43

Trace complete.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>


Right, well in this case a Ping command is a better representation then a tracert. You don't really need the path data takes to get to CR. But even so, when I was pinging CR I was getting Request timed out. which usually means that they either have it so you can't ping them due to security reasons, or at that moment I wasn't able to connect to CR.
Out of 2 tests, the results for the first were 1/4 packets received and the second 3/4 packets received. All at 150+ms. Which is pretty slow. But it's fast compared to 10 years ago. So, I'm going to be an optimist here and say that it's faster today then any other point in time.

Side note: I am looking forward to hopefully one day being able to use a quantum computer. They can computer 1 and 0 at the same time instead of 1 and then 0. They can also process 2^512 bit information at the same time. So like 1+1 = 2 and 2+2 = 4, 2^512 times all at the same time. Which is pretty freakin insane.
25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

SniperFodder wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:

If you were on a month-to-month membership, the only button on the membership status page should have been "Cancel Membership", not "Cancel Membership Renewal", as the latter is only an option for memberships that have more than 30 days until the next renewal date. There also should have been text notifying you that your membership would be cancelled immediately (whether you read it or not), before having to click once again to confirm.

If you cancelled renewal via some other method, such as cancelling a recurring PayPal payment, then your results might vary (although obviously CR couldn't inform you of the consequences in advance).

If you contact CR customer service (via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page) they can restore your membership for the duration it would have originally lasted for.


And what? Be premium and still be unable to stream, even in standard definition? Not worth the effort or money I've put into this service already.

I've tried to be patient with Crunchyroll over the life of my membership, which happened to be relatively short. 6 months at most. Constantly not being able to stream in Standard definition, let alone 1080p or lower, really is a big turn off.

Since CR was so obsessive about giving me achievements, I made one special just for CR.



Bro, I don't know what your download speed is, but you might want to look into getting a faster connection. If you are on wifi and have a fast connection, you might want to: A. move closer to the router b/c the bandwidth drops over 80% after 15ft from the router, B. use a direct connection, or C. upgrade/switch ISP
25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


SniperFodder wrote:

And what? Be premium and still be unable to stream, even in standard definition? Not worth the effort or money I've put into this service already.

So basically you were complaining about something that didn't matter to you. Got it.



I think he is thinking that 6 months of paying for membership is a lot of money XD XD
zwi
8384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Wichita, KS
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

schnipdip wrote:

Side note: I am looking forward to hopefully one day being able to use a quantum computer. They can computer 1 and 0 at the same time instead of 1 and then 0. They can also process 2^512 bit information at the same time. So like 1+1 = 2 and 2+2 = 4, 2^512 times all at the same time. Which is pretty freakin insane.


Not to take this thread off topic, but me too. Though applications outside of research are really rare.
25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

zwi wrote:


schnipdip wrote:

Side note: I am looking forward to hopefully one day being able to use a quantum computer. They can computer 1 and 0 at the same time instead of 1 and then 0. They can also process 2^512 bit information at the same time. So like 1+1 = 2 and 2+2 = 4, 2^512 times all at the same time. Which is pretty freakin insane.


Not to take this thread off topic, but me too. Though applications outside of research are really rare.


i just wanna play battlefield on full res XD
5024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/14 , edited 2/13/14

schnipdip wrote:

Bro, I don't know what your download speed is, but you might want to look into getting a faster connection. If you are on wifi and have a fast connection, you might want to: A. move closer to the router b/c the bandwidth drops over 80% after 15ft from the router, B. use a direct connection, or C. upgrade/switch ISP


It's a 40/20 if you must know. All the hardware in the house is gigabit switches and NICs; everything but the laptop is hardlined. IS it my network? No. My download speed from various good CDN's can peak at 6mb/s on a good day when I get more bandwidth than I pay for.




schnipdip wrote:

I think he is thinking that 6 months of paying for membership is a lot of money XD XD


It's not. I'm budgeted for $30 a month for streaming and movies. I'd easily pay that for Crunchyroll if it actually worked right.
The Wise Wizard
100929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/13/14 , edited 2/13/14

schnipdip wrote:

I think he is thinking that 6 months of paying for membership is a lot of money XD XD

Keep in mind this was in response to my suggestion on contacting customer service to reinstate whatever remained of his monthly membership.


Personally, if I was paying month-to-month for a membership, and the service consistently wasn't working for me, I would be out after perhaps 1-2 months tops. If it had desirable content, I would probably check back again a few months later, and at similar intervals until either the problem was resolved or I found other legal means of obtaining the same content.
25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


schnipdip wrote:

I think he is thinking that 6 months of paying for membership is a lot of money XD XD

Keep in mind this was in response to my suggestion on contacting customer service to reinstate whatever remained of his monthly membership.


Personally, if I was paying month-to-month for a membership, and the service consistently wasn't working for me, I would be out after perhaps 1-2 months tops. If it had desirable content, I would probably check back again a few months later, and at similar intervals until either the problem was resolved or I found other legal means of obtaining the same content.


There you go folks, from the very mouth of a CR employee. Now.... No more complaints about not getting your moneys worth.
But to be fair. Lately this month, and only this month so far, have i experienced issues with their servers. I noticed on the app that my queue list doesnt show up on start, shows take forever to list, and quality drops. So im i the same boat this fella is, but im just going to use this time to wait for my shows to add more episodes. Meanwhile i will watch my shows on funimation and catch up on some of their shows
The Wise Wizard
100929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

schnipdip wrote:

There you go folks, from the very mouth of a CR employee. Now.... No more complaints about not getting your moneys worth.

I am neither an employee, or even a moderator. I am simply a regular (and satisfied) user with a title (or "rank", as it is listed in the profile).

25728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


schnipdip wrote:

There you go folks, from the very mouth of a CR employee. Now.... No more complaints about not getting your moneys worth.

I am neither an employee, or even a moderator. I am simply a regular (and satisfied) user with a title (or "rank", as it is listed in the profile).



Lolz lets be honest hear your profile reeks of cr employee XD just look at that bio
The Wise Wizard
100929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/13/14 , edited 2/13/14

schnipdip wrote:

Lolz lets be honest hear your profile reeks of cr employee XD just look at that bio

BTW, there is a page on CR that apparently lists all the employees that have a CR account, and the moderators:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/staff

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.