First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Trinity Seven
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 2/11/14


Trinity Seven

Author: Saitou Kenji

Artist: Nao Akinari

Genres: action, comedy, ecchi, romance, harem, supernatural, fantasy, magic

Ongoing since 2010 (and I'm pretty sure it's a monthly release rather than bi-monthly)

Up to 7 volumes right now (not licensed in the US)

Synopsis:

Everyday is a normal day in the small town where Kasuga Arata lives. However, everything changed on the day of the Black Sun, and following it, a magician appears before him. The Black Sun caused the Breakdown Phenomenon which destroyed the town where he lives. Because of this, his normal life was artificially reconstructed by a Grimoire that his childhood friend had left. Just what is the purpose of the magician coming to the town? What will he do with the Grimoire's keepsake?


My current short review:

Continuing the series of manga Rito2Ru approves of. Really like the manga. Rito2Ru would like to see this as an anime. Rito2Ru is also wondering why he is referring to himself in the third person...Anyway yes, it's a very fun manga. Chapters aren't very frequent like those in shonen jump (this one is in Dragon Age).
The girls are entertaining, the lead is entertaining, the harem is very much at the forefront but at the same time, this is part of the manga's charm since the lead isn't afraid to announce that he likes all the girls. Action is nice. I do recommend those who start to read this for the first time to reread it once more. There are a lot of "magical/sorcery" jargon used which may confuse you but it's good to read through them again because they are important later on when they're brought up again.

Also, did you see the "boring" picture I put up there? Well, here are the "much better" volumes 1-7 covers in the spoiler below: V



15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 2/12/14
I really like this manga as well. One of my favorite protags. He's a no nonsense straight shooter, which is very refreshing in a harem lead. This manga is about as shonen as it gets, but it's done very well. Dragon Age is rocking some great titles right now. I keep hoping that Cr will hammer out a deal with them.
215543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 2/12/14
The real question is when this will get an anime adaptation.
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 2/12/14

Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

I really like this manga as well. One of my favorite protags. He's a no nonsense straight shooter, which is very refreshing in a harem lead. This manga is about as shonen as it gets, but it's done very well. Dragon Age is rocking some great titles right now. I keep hoping that Cr will hammer out a deal with them.


It'd be great if CR added this to their manga section.


stark700 wrote:

The real question is when this will get an anime adaptation.


I'm probably wrong but after the latest chapter, I feel like it's ending soon-ish. Lots of revelations about


Just a feeling though they could always throw in more overpowered villains to keep it going haha

I say we'll get an anime announcement sometime this year.
Or at least I'm optimistic enough to believe in that. There's enough for 1 season. The arc they're on right now is like season 2 material.
durfo 
18980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / San Diego CA
Online
Posted 2/12/14
I don't think its ending any time soon due to the fact they havent actually made any progress in rescuing Hijiri lol. I think now he's not only gonna be a badass when dealing with girls but when fighting as well. Before he was well lackluster. Now it can head into a true battle manga setting since he can actually fight. xD an Anime would make me dance on my desk, would be the greatest protag since Hachiman from Oregairu.
215543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 2/13/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

Just a feeling though they could always throw in more overpowered villains to keep it going haha

I say we'll get an anime announcement sometime this year.
Or at least I'm optimistic enough to believe in that. There's enough for 1 season. The arc they're on right now is like season 2 material.


HOLY SHIT, this got jinxed:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-13/school-fantasy-manga-trinity-seven-has-anime-in-the-works
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 2/14/14

durfo wrote:

I don't think its ending any time soon due to the fact they havent actually made any progress in rescuing Hijiri lol. I think now he's not only gonna be a badass when dealing with girls but when fighting as well. Before he was well lackluster. Now it can head into a true battle manga setting since he can actually fight. xD an Anime would make me dance on my desk, would be the greatest protag since Hachiman from Oregairu.





stark700 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

Just a feeling though they could always throw in more overpowered villains to keep it going haha

I say we'll get an anime announcement sometime this year.
Or at least I'm optimistic enough to believe in that. There's enough for 1 season. The arc they're on right now is like season 2 material.


HOLY SHIT, this got jinxed:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-13/school-fantasy-manga-trinity-seven-has-anime-in-the-works


Bwahahaha now that was quick
21705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 2/14/14

Rito2Ru wrote:


durfo wrote:

I don't think its ending any time soon due to the fact they havent actually made any progress in rescuing Hijiri lol. I think now he's not only gonna be a badass when dealing with girls but when fighting as well. Before he was well lackluster. Now it can head into a true battle manga setting since he can actually fight. xD an Anime would make me dance on my desk, would be the greatest protag since Hachiman from Oregairu.





stark700 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

Just a feeling though they could always throw in more overpowered villains to keep it going haha

I say we'll get an anime announcement sometime this year.
Or at least I'm optimistic enough to believe in that. There's enough for 1 season. The arc they're on right now is like season 2 material.


HOLY SHIT, this got jinxed:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-13/school-fantasy-manga-trinity-seven-has-anime-in-the-works


Bwahahaha now that was quick


Wow, Harem King strikes again! I got a list of anime-less manga I'd like you to make threads about. Or does your power only work with harem manga?

This looks interesting though. I think I'll wait for the anime.
15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 2/14/14 , edited 2/14/14
I'm glad it's getting an anime, but I am worried about who is going to be doing it. I wouldn't want this to become an ecchi-fest. I hope the title is given the proper respect.
29326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 2/14/14
So excited for an anime of this. I was rereading it recently too
63290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 2/14/14

Kurodenki wrote:

Wow, Harem King strikes again! I got a list of anime-less manga I'd like you to make threads about. Or does your power only work with harem manga?

This looks interesting though. I think I'll wait for the anime.


I must first recharge my powers. Monster Musume didn't get an anime yet because I talked about it too soon after Nisekoi lol




Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

I'm glad it's getting an anime, but I am worried about who is going to be doing it. I wouldn't want this to become an ecchi-fest. I hope the title is given the proper respect.


I mean its not HoTD levels in the manga but its already pretty ecchi.
1651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 2/14/14 , edited 2/14/14
I tried to read this one, but it was difficult to get into. What I got through was good, though: ecchi, action, and comedy. What's not to like?

I'm glad there's going to be an anime. It's easier to digest in anime form, or a paper copy (which isn't out in the US). Hopefully Crunchyroll picks it up.
durfo 
18980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / San Diego CA
Online
Posted 2/14/14
I see my ability's as a prophet have served this thread well. In other newsi wake up and find out that there is going to be an アニメ for trinity seven wooo best valentines day ever.
15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 2/14/14

Rito2Ru wrote:


Kurodenki wrote:

Wow, Harem King strikes again! I got a list of anime-less manga I'd like you to make threads about. Or does your power only work with harem manga?

This looks interesting though. I think I'll wait for the anime.


I must first recharge my powers. Monster Musume didn't get an anime yet because I talked about it too soon after Nisekoi lol




Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

I'm glad it's getting an anime, but I am worried about who is going to be doing it. I wouldn't want this to become an ecchi-fest. I hope the title is given the proper respect.


I mean its not HoTD levels in the manga but its already pretty ecchi.


I haven't read The Infinite Stratos novels, but pretty much everyone who has is upset that the show turned into a vehicle for fanservice instead of something with more than a hint of a plot. IS sells well though, as does it's merchandise. I am afraid that T7 will have the action and plot stripped away and will just be another fanservice harem, because that's all you really need to sell BDs. It deserves better than that. I feel better when I hear what production studio, director, and script writer is involved. Maybe I'm just felling pessimistic 'cause I need more coffee.

1389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / ANimA HQ
Offline
Posted 2/14/14
To me the mangas better but CR probably wont upload it...Shinji doesnt care much what we think...he'd do it on his own time
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.