First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Vivid Nightmares and Dreams
6506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/12/15

ReadingTheStars95 wrote:

Hmm.. Ah, the dream realm.. Lol. My most vivid dreams are usually "those" kind of dreams, my nightmares, or my lucid dreams.. Which actually brings a part of me to love my nightmares.. They may be "unpleasant" but some nightmares I am so present, they feel so real. I remember so vividly from the last nightmare I had.. Running away from my house, being completely exhausted and in despair.. And I just remember so vividly, the license plates of the cars passing by.. If only words could explain.. The really fun thing about lucid dreams is how ethereal they can be.. Sometimes you will feel the dream fade, but as it is becoming more out of focus, the more you are able to remember certain details.. probably because when when you are lucid and the dream fades, you are more conscious so you can remember it in better detail.. Sometimes you can really try and grasp onto em when you are waking up.. And that moment you feel yourself waking up in real life, while you alter those last moments of that lucid dream, trying to end it in a specific way.. It is an interesting experience.


I am hoping to one day face myself in battle in a lucid dream, without playing both parts. Naps are good for this, nicotine is not, heavy amounts of alcohol stop dreams.

This morning I woke up pulling some kind of swimming/tai chi move to stretch myself across five feet of floorspace to turn off my alarm and then bounce back without leaving bed. I am usually not especially coordinated like that, my reach is not long enough to do this. I set it up so that I have to crawl out and then back in. I don't remember any dreams before I did this, but I slept for another 15 minutes before my phone alarm by my pillow went off, and had dreams of getting up and going to work.

But I wonder what I was doing in my dream that I was able to wrench myself out of it with a sweet spin/rebound move.
10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 1/12/15
I usually always dream and it is usually always a nightmare.

the first most vivid dream that was horrifying was a zombie dream.

I was babysitting a little girl for a rich family. they had a large three story house with many rooms and her room was at the top of the house.
at some point in the night we were cleaning up her toys she had played with when I hear the sound of a a metal pipe scraping on concrete. a grab a flashlight and hand it to the little girl, take her hand and we descend the stairs all the way to the basement. with a cursory inspection we find nothing.
As we turn around to go back upstairs, the sound of the pipe scraping on concrete comes from the dark right next to me. out of reaction the little girl shines the light towards the noise and suddenly we are face to face with a zombie. I grab the little girls hand and together we ascend the flights of stairs. as we approach her room I start to tell her to get inside and lock the door when to my horror I realize she is no longer holding my hand, she is gone!
I turn to walk into the hallway which was full with pitch black rooms, i don't even enter one room before going into the little girls room, locking the door, climbing out the window into the sun roof of my car and driving away leaving her to die. needless to say i will never forget that feeling. (lol don't leave your kids with me apparently would trip them and save myself. jk)
34859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / the bay
Offline
Posted 1/12/15
i dont remember good dreams for some reason, but the last vivid nightmare i can remember is as follows:

I was in a car with my brother and father, I cant hear anything but i can feel everything. Something happened and everything went into slow motion, we were in an accident and i felt stabbing shards of glass all over my body, I look at my bleeding body and I wake up with sharp pain and sweating. Couldnt go back to sleep after that.

as a matter of fact, I rarely remember dreams or nightmares.
10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 1/12/15

ReadingTheStars95 wrote:

Hmm.. Ah, the dream realm.. Lol. My most vivid dreams are usually "those" kind of dreams, my nightmares, or my lucid dreams.. Which actually brings a part of me to love my nightmares.. They may be "unpleasant" but some nightmares I am so present, they feel so real. I remember so vividly from the last nightmare I had.. Running away from my house, being completely exhausted and in despair.. And I just remember so vividly, the license plates of the cars passing by.. If only words could explain.. The really fun thing about lucid dreams is how ethereal they can be.. Sometimes you will feel the dream fade, but as it is becoming more out of focus, the more you are able to remember certain details.. probably because when when you are lucid and the dream fades, you are more conscious so you can remember it in better detail.. Sometimes you can really try and grasp onto em when you are waking up.. And that moment you feel yourself waking up in real life, while you alter those last moments of that lucid dream, trying to end it in a specific way.. It is an interesting experience.


have you ever had a dream you could entirely control? i learned this from a psychiatrist as a child to alleviate my nightmares. -if you are having a terrifying dream, look for something that isn't real like the moon being the wrong color or something it can be anything just so long as your brain is able to register the fact that what you are seeing isn't possible then you will be reminded that you are in fact dreaming so you can wake up. -

this did in fact work very well. and over the years of doing this something very interesting began to happen. upon realizing i was dreaming, instead of waking from my dream i started to have full control over them and would remain asleep. this was cool because i tried flying in my dream and i could very much out of control like flying really high really fast and then plummeting to the ground rinse and repeat over and over again lol.

Then recently i had a dream that was like an out of body experience. i literally got up out of my body and was staring at myself. so i remembered that i could control my dreams and decided to go exploring this way. when i thought about going out front of my house suddenly i was just there on the sidewalk. i then tried to walk forward but instead of going forward, i went face down at the ground. like one of those pins that you knock down and it stands back up on its own. it took a second for me to stop trying to walk on my legs, which were on the couch lol, but once i did this i was able to move by thinking of a place. i thought of the park, i was there so then i thought of the middle of the ocean, and like it or not i was there. so time in my dream i ran into a friend of mine and she looked at mee with a serious ass face and said "RUN" and that was it. in an instant i was back in my room looking at myself sleeping. i tried to lay back down thinking i could easily wake up this way. i was wrong for some reason i couldn't get back in my body. holy fuking terrifying! I was trying to wake up my fiancée and no words would come out, i couldn't move my body either it was like i had gotten disconnected somehow. after a lot of trying and failing to speak or move i was snapped back into my body all of the sudden. it felt like snapping at least. i probably sound pretty f-ing crazy right about now but anyone else ever experience any of this?
6506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/12/15


I had a dream a couple nights ago that I could almost control. It came down to my uncle's dog eating the cheese and meat out of a sandwich my mom (who has a gluten allergy and a lactose intolerance, so she realistically could never eat it in the first place) was holding. She said "stop right there" and took the meat and cheese back from Mips. I thought "wait, any dog would have swallowed that by now" and woke up. Damn if I hadn't more experience. But animals come up in my dreams more often than anything else, and I think it's just a way to keep myself confused enough to dream.

Not being able to shout or run or defend myself is a common theme in my dreams. I rarely break through it and when I do I wake up and tend to laugh about it, but yes I have experienced all of that.

I had a dream about a warlock who "created a monster, and nobody liked it" and my brother and I had to shove an endless number of pigeons down a bathtub drain. I tried to explain that to a girl because I woke us both up while jerking out of bed. Dreams are tough to relay, especially to the sleepy. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.
10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 1/12/15

morechunch wrote:



I had a dream a couple nights ago that I could almost control. It came down to my uncle's dog eating the cheese and meat out of a sandwich my mom (who has a gluten allergy and a lactose intolerance, so she realistically could never eat it in the first place) was holding. She said "stop right there" and took the meat and cheese back from Mips. I thought "wait, any dog would have swallowed that by now" and woke up. Damn if I hadn't more experience. But animals come up in my dreams more often than anything else, and I think it's just a way to keep myself confused enough to dream.

Not being able to shout or run or defend myself is a common theme in my dreams. I rarely break through it and when I do I wake up and tend to laugh about it, but yes I have experienced all of that.

I had a dream about a warlock who "created a monster, and nobody liked it" and my brother and I had to shove an endless number of pigeons down a bathtub drain. I tried to explain that to a girl because I woke us both up while jerking out of bed. Dreams are tough to relay, especially to the sleepy. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.


haha lmao, that is really funny and weird, but funny as hell, shoving pigeons into a tiny drain. lol

6506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/12/15

DarksirenxX wrote:


morechunch wrote:



I had a dream a couple nights ago that I could almost control. It came down to my uncle's dog eating the cheese and meat out of a sandwich my mom (who has a gluten allergy and a lactose intolerance, so she realistically could never eat it in the first place) was holding. She said "stop right there" and took the meat and cheese back from Mips. I thought "wait, any dog would have swallowed that by now" and woke up. Damn if I hadn't more experience. But animals come up in my dreams more often than anything else, and I think it's just a way to keep myself confused enough to dream.

Not being able to shout or run or defend myself is a common theme in my dreams. I rarely break through it and when I do I wake up and tend to laugh about it, but yes I have experienced all of that.

I had a dream about a warlock who "created a monster, and nobody liked it" and my brother and I had to shove an endless number of pigeons down a bathtub drain. I tried to explain that to a girl because I woke us both up while jerking out of bed. Dreams are tough to relay, especially to the sleepy. She didn't think it was as funny as I did.


haha lmao, that is really funny and weird, but funny as hell, shoving pigeons into a tiny drain. lol



Glad I'm not the only one, it was ridiculous.

The thing is, the funniest part was when the warlock said I created a monster and nobody liked it. I can't tell you the horror of the imagery that preceded and followed, but that's exactly it, it was a ridiculous premise that my mind took to a strange and unique and dark place. And when I woke up and remembered everything, I said "I probably just smoked too many cigarettes, but..." It was a chain-smoking/no booze kind of time in my life.
10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 1/12/15 , edited 1/12/15
human experimentation dream. its really long but check this out probably the most intricate dream i have ever remembered so vivdly

i was partying with my friend donnie and my

fiancée. it was closing time for the bars and

none of us wanted to drive home quite yet so we

decided to break into this light house to chill

till we were sobered up a bit. this was in

Oklahoma city, a white light house in the

middle of town not by the ocean.
we were hanging out on some sofas in a

reception like area when we saw flashlights

from the entrance.
in a panic we hid in what looked like

a utility closet. when we turned around there

was a really long hallway. as we explores we

realized that the hallway we were standing in

was the death row and it was completely empty

for some reason.

at this point the dream skips back to our house

we are in the back yard and the stream is full

and the fish are in there instead of in the

pond. when i look closer i see the white

creatures with saw like teeth at the front of

their mouth eating large chunks of the fish.

i start to try and scoop the fish out of the

pond and i realize that the whole entire pond

has som funky ass anenomie looking shit growing

everywhere and i get freaked out because i just

touched so protazoas or something.

the dream skips and i am at my grandmas old

house in magalia ca talking to no arguing with

this chick about the apartments on mars. i said

they were not really real and she was trying to

convince everyone that they were. and i

realized that if she had been there and she was

trying say they were real then she must have

been on the other side.

the dream skips and i am outside in a parking

lot with a big ass glittery sign board trying

to protest against people taking the space

shuttle to see the mars apartments. i am

trying to convince the man sitting in the front

seat to get out and i am telling him that the

mars apartment are not real that they are using

it as an excuse to get people into space where

nobody can call for help. i tell him that he

still has a chance to get off the shuttle and

to please listen to me but he wont.

the dream skipsand i am back at my house with

the pond full of freak life forms. i am all

alone this time as i realize that all of the

scenarios following the light house never

actually happened. i realize why the death row

was completely empty. and i realize what the

mars apartments are.

the mars apartments were some cardboard cutouts

someone put on a commercial to trick people into

getting onto the space bus. once in outer space

they were place into a lucid dream state and

turned into human experiments. because we had

been found and had seen the death row we were

captured by the people. gassed and placed on

the space bus.

the creatures inside of the pond were in fact

the creatures that were being sliced into me as

i was kept sleeping. my body was telling me

through my dreams what was happening to me. all

the times the dream skipped were when my lucid

dream state had gone awry and they switched me

to another scenario to keep me from waking. but

every time i always made it back to the same

nightmare.

in the end of the dream i think i have been

rescued and am finally awake and being freed.

but they tell me there were no physical changes

done to my body and i was fine to go home.
this is when i realize once again that they

have just switched my dream state again. then i

wake up.
10269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Hoth
Offline
Posted 1/12/15
I have several recurring dreams.

They always quickly fade from my memory, with only small details remaining over time. But every time I have one of them, I wake up with a strong sense of deja vu, knowing I've had the dream before.

They always have to do with houses and rooms, and things piled on shelves in all those rooms. Some rooms are familiar to me, and some aren't. Sometimes, when I walk through a doorway, I have a feeling that the room I walked into isn't the room that should be here. I feel like I've lived through this before. I dimly become aware that I know this memory, this dream.

I always wake up before I find what it is I'm looking for.
19981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New Gridania / H...
Offline
Posted 1/12/15
My most recent one was where I was in a standard living room chilling with people (people because I dont remember who) and then all of a sudden they like...turn into ghastly looking people with flesh missing and I hear a voice saying "if they kill you you will relive this nightmare." I apparently died several times and the most vivid thing I can remember is being eaten. >_<
2459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/15
*Sigh* I used to dream...now I rarely enter deep enough sleep to do so.
6506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/15/15

Bluearmy wrote:

My most recent one was where I was in a standard living room chilling with people (people because I dont remember who) and then all of a sudden they like...turn into ghastly looking people with flesh missing and I hear a voice saying "if they kill you you will relive this nightmare." I apparently died several times and the most vivid thing I can remember is being eaten. >_<


Try doing stretches before bed and after you get up. I dunno, it worked for me with dreams like that.
19981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / New Gridania / H...
Offline
Posted 1/16/15

morechunch wrote:


Bluearmy wrote:

My most recent one was where I was in a standard living room chilling with people (people because I dont remember who) and then all of a sudden they like...turn into ghastly looking people with flesh missing and I hear a voice saying "if they kill you you will relive this nightmare." I apparently died several times and the most vivid thing I can remember is being eaten. >_<


Try doing stretches before bed and after you get up. I dunno, it worked for me with dreams like that.


Do I do that in my dream? Or is this when I wake up. If so does it actually help with going back to sleep? I normally just play some light music and switch to sleeping in a reclining chair.
5012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20
Offline
Posted 1/16/15
A dream i had.. you could call it a nightmare i guess, anyways i find myself in a field, nothing particularly special around nor is it recognisable area that i can identify. So im finding myself laying down, feeling like ive just woken up and only conclusion i can come up with is that ive dozed off in the middle of nowhere.. i stand up to see a hill a bit further.. as i walk towards it there seems to be a person standing there, i feel ''drawn'' towards him/her as i come closer i try to call for the person, a simple ''hey'' -no response.. i call once more, no response.. so i walk up to this person the person is standing and watching some sort of horizon, i try to approach him/her putting my hand on their shoulder he/she reacts and turns around. At that point i feel a "stunning" and a relieving feeling, as if ive been looking for this person.. the person turns around now facing me, i get a clear view of him/her.. well not really i guess since at that point i wake up.

After that i feel sad and empty inside for a while... i cant remember anything of him/her not even hair color or length, eyes or face structure nor if it is a male or female'
.
Ive had this dream for some years now, not too often just once in a while to keep me from forgetting it... i guess thats the right way to put it.

2450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / The heart of Linc...
Offline
Posted 1/16/15
Lord knows i've had some really scary and very realistic/vivid dreams/nightmares.
Really did feel like i was there or the horrors did happen. Worse when you know it's a dream, there's signs that you pick up on that only you recognise. Worse thing is being unable to wake from the nightmare, it plays with your reality and leaves you wondering if you might be in another dream when you wake.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.