First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Bothered by current Fairy Tail manga?
11284 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/14
So before Fairy Tail's update tomorrow, small question: am I the only one bothered by the frequent string of bad luck happening currently in the manga? Last time something good happened was when Happy helped to defeat Jaguar, after that it's been misfortune this and bad juju that. Unless Fairy Tail can turn it around with something just as epic to reverse their misfortune to before things started turning bad, then I can see no way out of this mess.

So if you're not bothered, how do you see Fairy Tail coming back after this series of unfortunate incidents?
Sogno- 
45766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/16/14
i've been bothered by it since it turned into ecchi I mean in the beginning there was a little, but just normal for shounen. Idk where it changed but it takes up a large portion of the manga now. Those tentacle chapters, really Mashima??

and that the original plots have hardly been touched, like the mystery behind the dragon's disappearance (the game arc just... wasn't it), how Natsu randomly found a dragon, Lucy's mom, stuff like that... and yeah, one thing after another keeps happening, but isn't that how most shounen go ?

it makes me very sad because FT was the anime that got me back into anime, and was the first manga I've ever read.
Posted 2/17/14
Fan service CAN REALY ruin any anime/manga

take an example from that
28100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/17/14
I am more bothered by the random amountso f excessive fanservice more than anything. I am not worried about the plot threads that were not covered yet, however. Those things WILL be covered eventually. Tartaros deals with Zeref, who is the main baddie now, so it makes sense to end off the final biggest dark guild in the series at this point to focus more on the other things later fully.

Also, the last chapter was great. Especially with Erza wearing the skin of that stupid thing after skinning it alive. XD
1240 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
Rumors from someone close to Hiro Mashima have stated that he intents to end the manga soonish after the Tartarus arc.
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
I haven't been keeping up with the manga due to too much fanservice
71774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Queens,NY
Online
Posted 2/18/14
what is the problem between fairy tail and fanservice? Its not really all that bad.
24760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/24/14

madmejis wrote:

Rumors from someone close to Hiro Mashima have stated that he intents to end the manga soonish after the Tartarus arc.


^^^THIS! It's pretty obvious Mashima's getting sick of keeping FT going. It was obvious with how Rave (Master) ended, and there are large quantities of his overall apathy filling the pages of FT as it keeps serializing. FT's end is near, and I only hope he doesn't pull a Rave by throwing incomprehensible plot twists in to the story, labeling it "closure" and writing "The End" where everybody's holding hands and smiling and waving "Thank You!"
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 2/24/14
I'd have to actually catch up probably to see what people are talking about here... I only own up to Vol 15 and have read only bits and pieces of 30+. But I haven't seen anything showing anymore than what is currently in the volumes I own. But I can agree with RX that the later chapters in the late 30+ volumes show that Mashima seems to be losing interest in Fairy Tail, and probably wants to move onto something new. I think he wants to end it, and let the anime starting up next season possibly finish it off.

If I remember correctly, not too long ago he confirmed he is starting a new series as well. But plans to do it along with Fairy Tail, so long as his health stays fine while trying to do both.
942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / US
Offline
Posted 2/24/14
I haven't gotten that far in FT (only book 9), but maybe I won't continue with it afterall, reading these comments I like fan service, but there's a time and place for it, and when series start turning into that unexpectedly, then it doesn't become a good thing. Not when the series original intent wasn't to be so fanservicey.
81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 2/24/14

DevilishMaiden wrote:

I haven't gotten that far in FT (only book 9), but maybe I won't continue with it afterall, reading these comments I like fan service, but there's a time and place for it, and when series start turning into that unexpectedly, then it doesn't become a good thing. Not when the series original intent wasn't to be so fanservicey.


Which kind of has me worried, as someone who also isn't all that far in. Not saying Fairy Tail is void of Fanservice, but it is there, subtly, especially in the artwork inbetween chapters where I am currently. So if people are complaining it must be pretty severe or just popped out of nowhere.

Of course I also read plenty of... *cough* more mature... manga... so anything I see in Fairy Tail probably wouldn't phase me in the slightest.
942 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / US
Offline
Posted 2/24/14

Stonewolfe wrote:


DevilishMaiden wrote:

I haven't gotten that far in FT (only book 9), but maybe I won't continue with it afterall, reading these comments I like fan service, but there's a time and place for it, and when series start turning into that unexpectedly, then it doesn't become a good thing. Not when the series original intent wasn't to be so fanservicey.


Which kind of has me worried, as someone who also isn't all that far in. Not saying Fairy Tail is void of Fanservice, but it is there, subtly, especially in the artwork inbetween chapters where I am currently. So if people are complaining it must be pretty severe or just popped out of nowhere.

Of course I also read plenty of... *cough* more mature... manga... so anything I see in Fairy Tail probably wouldn't phase me in the slightest.




I may skim through some of the later books next time I'm at the bookstore. I had watched the first season of FT, which made me slow down with the manga..but since I haven't watched it awhile I figured I'd start reading it again, but I don't know :/



Hahahahaha me too
262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/14 , edited 3/1/14
Fairy Tail ever since chapter 296:



I've lost interest in this series. It's fine with me if you like it but it's not for me anymore. It's sad seeing a series I once really liked keep getting worse and worse
354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/14

madmejis wrote:

Rumors from someone close to Hiro Mashima have stated that he intents to end the manga soonish after the Tartarus arc.


Who is this someone? I can believe it a little bit but at the same time not too much. Originally FT was supposed to end after the Phantom Lord arc from season 1 but fans loved it so much that it keep going, so I can sometimes understand why some arcs or things just dont make too much sense ( Key of the Starry Sky Arc ).
38302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Western Australia
Offline
Posted 3/2/14

GrayChaos wrote:


madmejis wrote:

Rumors from someone close to Hiro Mashima have stated that he intents to end the manga soonish after the Tartarus arc.


Who is this someone? I can believe it a little bit but at the same time not too much. Originally FT was supposed to end after the Phantom Lord arc from season 1 but fans loved it so much that it keep going, so I can sometimes understand why some arcs or things just dont make too much sense ( Key of the Starry Sky Arc ).


Well, the Key of the Starry Sky Arc was filler for the anime, so that is most likely why it didn't make sense.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.