First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply The 12th Known Dimension : DM-12
Creator
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 2/14/14
ALL ROLEPLAYING DONE IN DM-12 SHOULD BE DONE HERE!
2242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / America
Offline
Posted 2/17/14 , edited 2/17/14
Location, Base P-2, 5:00 AM 12th DM Zone:

Alex wakes up in his bed as the defense sirens start blazing, and an announcement is made saying " All personel please report to your assigned defense stations and prepare for battle, all non-personal equipment can be obtained in the armory, " . This message repeats constantly as CV solider's run down the hallways of the base in panic towards the walls. Alex then gets out of his cot and grabs his equipment. After Alex attaches his Thermal Unit ( (This is a vital key to survival in coldth as it provides the required heat to with stand coldth's cold temperatures )) onto his back he feels a warm sensation pulse throughout his armor. He sighs and then says " I'm to tired for this " , as he walks out of his room he hears another announcement, " All personel please grab proper gear for class S-M Akrid, please refrain from using uneeded equipment. Remeber! All Akrid carry thermal energy on some spot of their body, and that usually is their weakspot! Good luck.

As Alex rushed for the Armory he started to hear more and more gun fire. " Class S-M Akrid my ass " Alex says tiredly as he checks his weapons and rushes outside of the building into the cold harsh conditions of Coldth. When he leaves the building he can see people on the wall struggling to fight off the Akrid that are continuing to siege the wall. Alex then really starts to rush to the wall, passing by Engineers in Power Suits:
Alex then quickly enters the corridors within the Wall, as he enters hes greeted with panicing soldier's and a handful of casualties. " Dear Lord.... " Alex says as he then proceeds to command the troops to take defensive positions on the firing holes (( Which are holes that let the troops shoot outside of the wall providing them with maximum cover )). Once all troops within the walls are at their station Alex then ordered the Engineers to set up cover on the top of the wall with heavy machine guns. The Akrid on the other side now being mowed down are still coming. " Sir! There's just an endless stream of them we're only shooting at Class S at the moment " the intelligence officer informs Alex as the ground shakes a bit. " Class S my ass... " Alex says as he sees a huge Akrid start to push its why through the lesser Akrid. " BRUTE IN BOUND! " A solider yells as it rams into the wall shaking it a bit. " Christ! All Engineers focus fire on the Brute NOW! " Alex commands through his COM (( Its a Communication Device )). Alex then climbs to the top of the wall to aid the Engineers, " LETS MESS EM' UP BOYS! " Alex says as he fires at the Brute with the Engineers. As bullets hit the beast it screeches and sticks its blade arm into a random firing hole and pulls out a soldier killing him instantly. The thing then turns around revealing a rather large Thermal Sack on its back. " EVERYONE FOCUS FIRE ON THE THERMAL SACK! " Alex and a bunch of other soldiers yell as they all shoot at the sack making it burst and killing it.

After the Brute had fallen the wave of Akrid eased down and the rest sorta flocked away. " Alright guys patrol the walls until further notice there still might be stragglers " Alex said with a sigh as left the wall and proceeded back to the complex. Alex then open his COM to make an order " I want M.I.R.V.'s patrolling the outside of the wall " Alex commanded as he walked back into the complex.


Drones:

Brutes:

M.I.R.V.:
39750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/17/14 , edited 2/17/14
"ugh... patrol duty." olympia groaned as she began to move her M.I.R.V. outside the wall. just a few moments ago she was being swept away with the feeling of adrenaline as the akrids made there attack. that feeling of a rush was fleeting and the only thing she could feel was the warmness of the interior of the M.I.R.V. and the the seat she sat in. the only thing she could see through the Monitor was the snow kicking up and the shadows of retreating akrid. seeing the faint glow of there sacks as they run. olympia takes a pot shot at one of the akird only to see the sack that was once faintly glowing disappear. did she hit it? or did it just become consumed by the fog. she wasn't sure and sure as hell wasn't about to go looking for it.
everything seemed endless. there were no traces around the base of the akrid, but the orders stayed that the M.I.R.V.'s had to keep patrolling. another loud groan filled the inside of the metallic war machine as she rounded the base for what seemed the millionth time, but then one of the radar's started showing some thermal activity. she picked up the com that lays near her seat and called back to the base. "this is Olympus, there seems to be a small amount of thermal activity coming from the north. it looks like its coming back but be prepar-" she cut herself off as she observed the radar's thermal signatures start to increase. "what the hell." olympia began to move her M.R.I.V. in the direction of the thermal energy source. all she could see was a giant shadow making its way though the snowy fog, walking straight towards them. "oh s**t! class-L akrid. we've got a behemoth coming!" its underbelly shining like a light bulb though the snowy mist. around its legs the other akrid start to appear.

behemoth
Creator
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 2/17/14
((Akrid Classes:
S=Small
M=Medium
L=Large
G=???
O=???
))
2242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / America
Offline
Posted 2/17/14 , edited 2/17/14
As Alex looks through documents he gets a incoming transmission from one of the units patrolling the complex. " Olympus this is Commander Ziggs that is no Class-S Akrid that is a Class L Akrid Please refrain from firing report back to base immediately " Alex says as he quickly makes an announcement. " Everyone back to wall now Class-L Akrid Inbound! " Alex says as he rushes back outside to see the beast slowly making its way to the wall. Hundreds of Swarmers start to pour out from behind it. Another announcement is made " All Units please be advised a Class-L Akrid is inbound, you may need to report to the armory to retrieve stronger ammunition, Good Luck! ". The announcement is cut short by a ground shaking roar. Alex then sends a relay message for back up.

Swarmer:
Creator
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 2/17/14 , edited 2/17/14
Through The Rift
~3 km Away, Base P-2
The Osprey appears in a quick flash, the logo "SL-O-21-B" In red on the side shows easily in the snowy climate. "Gentlemen, the muscle has arrived!" Nathan says over open comms in a slightly excited voice. Combat was something Nathan has come to love, and he couldn't wait to get into the action. "Class-L, prepare to get your ass kicked. Crimson Valor Command, we're three klicks out and we'll be there shortly." One of the Reapers say over open comms. The Osprey soars through the air, the turbulence shaking it slightly as the cold winds were picking up. Nathan knew why the CV were stationed here and he thought highly of them for staying. The Akrid could not be allowed to leave this place, if they did, things would end quickly and badly. "Alright Reapers, CV didn't ask for our assistance, but Cat-L(Sentinel Classifications for Akrid run by category.) usually mean trouble. Last time a Cat-L appeared, the CV lost power for hours." Nathan briefs his men and they all ready their weapons. "Watch for friendlies, out there. Also, we may have a storm on our hands." The Pilot says to Fireteam Reaper as he approaches CV Base P-2.
2242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / America
Offline
Posted 2/18/14

Alex laughs a bit, " Alright men ready your weapons we got a swarm inbound! " Alex says as he rushes to the top of the wall again getting everyone in position. Alex then shouted " I want guys with flame throwers on the top of the wall pronto! " Alex commands as the swarm progresses closer to the base. Once it reaches bullet range a barrage of bullets flies out of the wall crippling the Akrids first portion of the swarm. As fire continues some swarmers make it past the the defense and swarm some unlucky soldiers. Those swarmers fortunately become charred corpses after the flamer thrower units are done with them. Alex on the top of the wall using his side arm to one shot any unlucky swarmer that decides to attack, orders some flying sentry bots to assist Reaper Team.

flying Sentry Bot:
Creator
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
"CV Base P-2, this is Fireteam Reaper we are overhead, requesting permission to land." The Osprey Pilot says over comms. "Man, it's getting chilly already, activate internal thermal regulation units." Nathan says to his team.
39750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
Olympia wanted to slam her forehead into the metal wall after calling in the wrong size akird. she felt a little stupid but pulled herself from her mini pity part and focused herself at the giant akrid heading there way. she positioned her M.I.R.V. to the below the flame thrower units at the top of the wall. the machine guns attached to the M.I.R.V. sounded like continuous cannons firing as they began firing at the Swarmers. as olmpia's M.I.R.V. and the others opened fire the swarmers and the other distant foot based akird dropped like fly's. the behemoth let out loud roar. one that shook the metal walls of olmpia's M.I.R.V.. she noticed more and more swarmers start to erupt from the behemoth's back.
Creator
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
A roar shakes the hull of the Osprey. "CV Base P-2, we have no choice, we're landing." The pilot says as he lands the Osprey near a CV MIRV. The landing was shaky but not too bad. The six men quickly step out of the Osprey and began firing at the hoards of Akrid. "Cortez, give us an overwatch here, keep your distance though." Nathan said in his strong, war hardened voice. Fireteam Reaper began firing upon the Akrid that were nearing. "Sovereign, we need a plan." Reaper 3 says to Nathan. "We work our way forward. You there! In the MIRV, give us some covering fire." Nathan commands to a nearby MIRV(Olympia). Fireteam Reaper begins to work their way forward.
39750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
it took olympia a moment to realize the deep, war hardened voice was talking to her. she flipped a switch from within the M.R.I.V. "roger." bellowed out from a speaker responded to the man. she turned her fire from the sky and aimmed out toward the no man's land and fired. trying to support the six men.
2242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / America
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
As the Sentry Bots follow Reaper Team and provide them with a little firepower Alex nearly gets swooped off the wall by a sneaky Swarmer. " Holy shit! " Alex says as he quickly regains his balance and kills the Swarmer. " Reaper Team we'll focus the swarms attention on us you guys go for the big guy " Alex says as he blows another Swamer apart with his side arm. Alex then says in the com " Nice to see you Nathan " as he blows yet another Swarmer to bits. At this point Alex's armor is covered in Akrid juice.
Creator
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
"It's been a while Alex, drinks on me after this one." Nathan says. "Push forward!" He adds as the team moves toward the massive Akrid. The team worked as a well oiled machine, never letting an Akrid get closer than two meters. Nathan couldn't help but have a big grin under his helmet, he was sure the rest of FT Reaper did too. "Keep going, MIRV Akrid on your right!" Nathan said in that same voice, noticing they were making decent progress. In that same moment a swarmer charges Nate, but a quick holoconstruction of a blade was enough to quickly slash the swarmer in half. "We need to keep moving, Reapers. Execute Push Maneuver Bravo." Nathan say to his squad. FT Reaper changes formation and they begin pushing directly forward. Calls of "Reloading!" or "Cover me!" as well as call outs to the location of nearing Akrid. To someone who had never seen FT Reaper in action, it would seem like an incredible thing.
2242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / America
Offline
Posted 2/19/14


As guns blaze the swarm starts lowering in numbers more burned bodies of swarmers can be seen on the cold snowy floor. But there was still more maybe the Behemoth knew that a fire team was flanking it and it wanted to focus its attention on them? All Alex knew was that the swarmers numbers were lowering which could of been a good thing or a bad thing. Alex's good news in his mind quickly went away as two brutes came charging at the wall. " EVERYONE ON THE WALL FOCUS ON THOSE CHARGERS! " Alex commanded as the two beasts banged into the wall knock a few people off the wall killing them. Alex then took a grenade and threw it towards the two beasts almost knocking them over.
Creator
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 2/19/14
"Sovereign, Brutes at the wall!" Reaper 2 yells to Nate. "Keep pushing forward, we need to take down that Cat-L" Nathan said as he continued moving forward. "You in the MIRV!" He called to the person he had addressed earlier. "I need you right behind us!" Nathan added as they neared the Cat-L Akrid. He knew how to take this thing down, but getting to its weakpoint would be the problem. "Reaper 4, do you have a grappling hook?" Nathan asked. Reaper 4 nodded in reply. "Good, get ready to use it."
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.