First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Favorite Chilhood game?
13546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Stranded by the sea.
Offline
Posted 2/17/14 , edited 2/17/14
Video games were such a huge part in my life growing up
that I don't think I would be who I am today
if I hadn't dedicated half my childhood to beating them.




One of my two favorites was pokemon stadium;


And anyone who has ever played this game,
will know why.
Its pretty much all you'll ever need in a Pokemon game.
I mean, come on,
who hasn't fantasized about being a lick-a-tung,
eating un-godly amounts of sushi?


My other favorite was Mario 64;


This game pretty much speaks for itself
in the sense that its SO. GODDAMN. RIGHTEOUS.
Everything about it is pure 90's perfection.
I would always spend hours racing that fat ass penguin,
who seemed to go wayyyy too fast for a penguin of that stature,
or I would just go mess with King Bomb-omb,
because seriously, eff that guy.





So what were some of your favorite games?(:
Posted 2/17/14
I've been on a console since the afterbirth, so there are a TON of games I could list. ~top 3s..
NES:
Duck Hunt
Fallout 3
Excite Bike

SNES:
Donkey Kong Country
Super Castlevania VI
Super Mario World 2 - Revenge of the Sith

SEGA:
Sonic the Hamster - any before 3D Blast
Mortal Kombats
....were there any other games on SEGA?

Le 64:
Star Fox (except slippy, f**k that guy)
Golden Eye
Earthworm Jim 3D

-Childhood End-
56156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/17/14
Had a 64 as a child. Really enjoyed playing: Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario Bros 64, Snowboard Kids/2, Paper Mario/The Thousand Year Door, Super Smash Bros
3215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 2/17/14
Every Megaman game from the early '90's to early '00's.
98153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Location
Offline
Posted 2/17/14
Man, Destroy All Humans! was the bomb when I was a kid.

In fact, the Meteor Launcher is up there on my list of greatest weapons from any video game.

The best thing is that the game (kinda) still holds up to this day, the second one more so than the first.

The Wii game sucked though...like, a lot.
22896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Corner of Moon &...
Offline
Posted 2/17/14 , edited 9/6/14
A lot of PS1 classics such as Tomb Raider, Ape Escape, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro etc.
13546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Stranded by the sea.
Offline
Posted 2/17/14

Schmeh172 wrote:

Man, Destroy All Humans! was the bomb when I was a kid.

In fact, the Meteor Launcher is up there on my list of greatest weapons from any video game.

The best thing is that the game (kinda) still holds up to this day, the second one more so than the first.

The Wii game sucked though...like, a lot.



Love, love, LOVED that game(:
Obliterating cows had never been so much fun!

13546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Stranded by the sea.
Offline
Posted 2/17/14

Skreig wrote:

I've been on a console since the afterbirth, so there are a TON of games I could list. ~top 3s..
NES:
Duck Hunt
Fallout 3
Excite Bike

SNES:
Donkey Kong Country
Super Castlevania VI
Super Mario World 2 - Revenge of the Sith

SEGA:
Sonic the Hamster - any before 3D Blast
Mortal Kombats
....were there any other games on SEGA?

Le 64:
Star Fox (except slippy, f**k that guy)
Golden Eye
Earthworm Jim 3D

-Childhood End-


Haha I know, I had to refrain from making my list 8 miles long! There are just so many good games out there!



13546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Stranded by the sea.
Offline
Posted 2/17/14 , edited 9/6/14
These games right here, were the shit.

Kirby and the crystal shards;





The magical quest starring Mickey Mouse;


I have recently stared playing this again
And I can't understand how I beat this game
so often as a child. It's freaking challenging as all hell.
But you get to be a wizard and Mickey Mouse, so who cares?
13546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Stranded by the sea.
Offline
Posted 2/17/14

ware209 wrote:

Had a 64 as a child. Really enjoyed playing: Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario Bros 64, Snowboard Kids/2, Paper Mario/The Thousand Year Door, Super Smash Bros

Dude, I have still never beat Diddy Kong Racing. That game featured some of the hardest bosses, ever. It's like if dark souls were a children's game about racing, it would be diddy kong racing. I definitely spent a good portion of my childhood in a blind rage because of that game.

56156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/17/14

pinkpony442 wrote:


ware209 wrote:

Had a 64 as a child. Really enjoyed playing: Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario Bros 64, Snowboard Kids/2, Paper Mario/The Thousand Year Door, Super Smash Bros

Dude, I have still never beat Diddy Kong Racing. That game featured some of the hardest bosses, ever. It's like if dark souls were a children's game about racing, it would be diddy kong racing. I definitely spent a good portion of my childhood in a blind rage because of that game.



What was hard? When you had to get those coins, or when they reversed the race courses?
13546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Stranded by the sea.
Offline
Posted 2/17/14
In particular, the hovercraft courses and smokey the dragon.
It was just all around a very challenging game, for me anyways.
Posted 2/17/14
Any Pokemon game. When I got my gameboy and Pokemon Crystal, I was the happiest little girl around. I don't know how much money I've spent on the Pokemon franchise, but I do know it's a large amount^//^".
13546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Stranded by the sea.
Offline
Posted 2/17/14

Scarlet-the-Great wrote:

Any Pokemon game. When I got my gameboy and Pokemon Crystal, I was the happiest little girl around. I don't know how much money I've spent on the Pokemon franchise, but I do know it's a large amount^//^".


Haha seriously! The more the merrier(;

26516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Ireland
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
Game I replayed over and over as a kid was Guardian Heroes on the Saturn, loved the art, the music, the combat.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.