First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
2013 Annual Anime Awards
41340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 2/17/14 , edited 2/17/14


First to be honest I could be wrong ( correct me if I'm wrong) Pleth0ra just started withSpring / Summer 2013 and got more attention.We never had this great setup like now. So more attention was on summer and fall> However Gargantia and Psyhco Pass were earlier in the year!

BTW my own take is that the better shows were in summer and fall but I still voted on earlier shows!`

To Pleth0ra's credit he added catergories and more place winners as it went along. So maybe you voted on some new things and ruuners up that you didn't before.
Also he had links to previous awards and season's which I used to see what I watched and refresh my memory!

Another important factor the number of shows being added has increased so much!When I first joined CR there was like 11 /12 now look at it! Esp the last two or three seasons!
22654 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 2/17/14
Concerning the matter of summer and fall getting more representation, I initially thought that most of the people who voted simply preferred the later shows to the earlier ones, but now I'm thinking short and/or inaccurate memories may have been a factor. I know that data from one person doesn't say much, but I actually tallied up how many points I gave to anime from each season, and I thought the results were kind of interesting.

Winter (including carryovers): 27 points
Spring: 11 points or 20 points (I'm not sure whether to count Railgun S for spring or for summer)
Summer: 41 points or 50 points (Again, Railgun S)
Fall (including carryovers): 24 points

The thing is, I remember Winter 2013 being kind of sub-par, Spring 2013 being awesome, and Fall 2013 being pretty good, but not amazing. It's a good thing I kept a list of the the anime I watched last year, or else I might have overlooked some shows I really liked from winter.
22466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / arizona
Offline
Posted 2/18/14

deadpanditto wrote:

Great job to everyone that worked on compiling the list. I loved reading through the whole thing.

It would be nice to have more clear divisions between the sections. Perhaps use the header tag?


Thanks Yeah next time I will definitely put a better distinction in between the different categories. I'm still rather new to the more finer parts of these forums.
8121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / qtπ
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
I am not surprised at seeing Shingeki named "Best of 2013".

Not surprised, and yet still disappointed.
22466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / arizona
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
Yeah I was really surprised with Blast of Tempest. Didn't really get too much love, although it did place 6th place in a couple of categories. I was glad to see some love for Rozen Maiden Z and [email protected], even though they didn't place in any categories. What didn't surprise me was Attack on Titan dominating the awards, which I think, is very deserving.

I also did see that AnimeNewsNetwork had their own Best/Worst picks of 2013 awards which I thought was kind of interesting
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2014-01-06

Really glad to see you guys enjoying the anime awards Hope ya'll are ready for the upcoming Winter 2014 Anime Awards It's gonna be a real competitive one I feel lol
41340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 2/18/14

pleth0ra wrote:

Yeah I was really surprised with Blast of Tempest. Didn't really get too much love, although it did place 6th place in a couple of categories. I was glad to see some love for Rozen Maiden Z and [email protected], even though they didn't place in any categories. What didn't surprise me was Attack on Titan dominating the awards, which I think, is very deserving.

I also did see that AnimeNewsNetwork had their own Best/Worst picks of 2013 awards which I thought was kind of interesting
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2014-01-06

Really glad to see you guys enjoying the anime awards Hope ya'll are ready for the upcoming Winter 2014 Anime Awards It's gonna be a real competitive one I feel lol :)


Thanks for that link good reading and interesting picks!I think yours sets some new standards though! You have more placewinerers which is good because there is a lot of anime! You include all titles not what just airs in America!And quite a few catergories! Let the people have their say besides the sites and or just Japan!
7177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/18/14
Attack on Titan 2nd place for best animation? Yikes, I guess people will vote for their favorite shows no matter if they deserve it or not.
22466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / arizona
Offline
Posted 2/18/14

FLjerry2011 wrote:


pleth0ra wrote:

Yeah I was really surprised with Blast of Tempest. Didn't really get too much love, although it did place 6th place in a couple of categories. I was glad to see some love for Rozen Maiden Z and [email protected], even though they didn't place in any categories. What didn't surprise me was Attack on Titan dominating the awards, which I think, is very deserving.

I also did see that AnimeNewsNetwork had their own Best/Worst picks of 2013 awards which I thought was kind of interesting
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2014-01-06

Really glad to see you guys enjoying the anime awards Hope ya'll are ready for the upcoming Winter 2014 Anime Awards It's gonna be a real competitive one I feel lol :)


Thanks for that link good reading and interesting picks!I think yours sets some new standards though! You have more placewinerers which is good because there is a lot of anime! You include all titles not what just airs in America!And quite a few catergories! Let the people have their say besides the sites and or just Japan!


Thanks Jerry and you're welcome. I did like some of the categories that they used though, like the "Biggest Bastard" category that I may think about using lol. Yeah, I decided to do 4th and 5th places just to see how close, or not close in some cases, the votes were.
70036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/18/14 , edited 2/18/14

CheeseKaiser wrote:

Attack on Titan 2nd place for best animation? Yikes, I guess people will vote for their favorite shows no matter if they deserve it or not.

The 3D animation in Attack on Titan is quite literally revolutionary. The kind of "Look at it, does it look pretty?" animation wasn't nearly as consistent and varied a lot depending on which studio did it, but animators nerdgasmed all over AoT.

And then there are also moments like this (spoiler for Attack on Titan episode 21):

Granted, that kind of animation wasn't consistent at all, but between the two I won't begrudge AoT it's rank.


pleth0ra wrote:

I also did see that AnimeNewsNetwork had their own Best/Worst picks of 2013 awards which I thought was kind of interesting
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2014-01-06

They have some weird picks for 2013. Penguindrum was from 2011 and Colorful was from 2010. Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail was also from 2010... they're going by US release dates for some things I guess.
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.