First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
ecchi harem
22196 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 2/19/14

AvidReader110 wrote:

You should try out Witchblade. It was the first ecchi show that I watched and It has a pretty decent story with a strong female lead. Not a harem anime though.

As for Harems, there's Yumeria, Maburaho and Girls Bravo <---- although they're generic as all hell though.

Some pretty decent ones are Samurai Girls/Bride and all seasons of Zero no Tsukaima and Sora no Otoshimono.


No you're right, Samurai Girls, Zero no Tsukaima and Sora no Otoshimono were all good ones, the other three had severe flaws here and there Maburaho's ending, Girls Bravo's characters (at least a couple of them) and Yumeria... for being made, that's not an anime that ages well and it's already way too old at 10 years.
37920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / New Zealand
Online
Posted 2/20/14

Sunnoir wrote:

No you're right, Samurai Girls, Zero no Tsukaima and Sora no Otoshimono were all good ones, the other three had severe flaws here and there Maburaho's ending, Girls Bravo's characters (at least a couple of them) and Yumeria... for being made, that's not an anime that ages well and it's already way too old at 10 years.


I figured as much. They were some of the first anime that I watched and looking back after seeing all the anime that I have, they are pretty flawed and aged. I would probably recommend them to an anime newbie to see if they liked that style before showing them something like say Samurai Girls, just to show them the difference in standard between them.
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Online
Posted 2/20/14
Campione
High School DxD
Heaven's Lost Property
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Online
Posted 2/20/14

hpulley wrote:

Funimation seems to have most of the ecchi harems listed here and the ones it has for home video are uncensored if you subscribe. But no one seems to have HoTD, Sentai got it but I think that was from before Sentai usually had Crunchyroll stream all its shows. Too bad.


Amazon Prime has it.

72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/14 , edited 2/20/14

dracphelan wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Funimation seems to have most of the ecchi harems listed here and the ones it has for home video are uncensored if you subscribe. But no one seems to have HoTD, Sentai got it but I think that was from before Sentai usually had Crunchyroll stream all its shows. Too bad.


Amazon Prime has it.

And someone above reminded me that The Anime Network has it. They used to get a few Sentai shows per season until recently:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/High-School-of-the-Dead/Watch
They have another good ecchi harem, To Love Ru and its sequel Darkness:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/To-loveru/Watch
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/To-loveru-Darkness/Watch

And, these ones are all free now. Used to be some shows only the first episode was free but they've been out long enough that subs are free. Still need a membership for dubs and some stuff is ONLY available as a dub so it won't be available at all without a subscription however, sometimes the first episode dub might be free.

If you're in the US I think the free ones are Hulu so ads and SD but if you're in Canada where Hulu doesn't work you get to watch it with their subscriber player ad free and in HD!

They have other good stuff like Clannad and Clannad After Story.
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online/AZIndex
32462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M
Online
Posted 2/20/14

hpulley wrote:


dracphelan wrote:


hpulley wrote:

Funimation seems to have most of the ecchi harems listed here and the ones it has for home video are uncensored if you subscribe. But no one seems to have HoTD, Sentai got it but I think that was from before Sentai usually had Crunchyroll stream all its shows. Too bad.


Amazon Prime has it.

And someone above reminded me that The Anime Network has it. They used to get a few Sentai shows per season until recently:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/High-School-of-the-Dead/Watch
They have another good ecchi harem, To Love Ru and its sequel Darkness:
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/To-loveru/Watch
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/To-loveru-Darkness/Watch

And, these ones are all free now. Used to be some shows only the first episode was free but they've been out long enough that subs are free. Still need a membership for dubs and some stuff is ONLY available as a dub so it won't be available at all without a subscription however, sometimes the first episode dub might be free.

If you're in the US I think the free ones are Hulu so ads and SD but if you're in Canada where Hulu doesn't work you get to watch it with their subscriber player ad free and in HD!

They have other good stuff like Clannad and Clannad After Story.
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Online/AZIndex


Well, since I have an Amazon Prime membership, they are free streaming for me from there. Amazon Prime also has all of the other shows you mentioned too. And, since the Amazon Prime player is stable (sometimes I can play things through Anime Network, sometimes I can't) and keeps track of where I am in the series, I generally prefer using them. I used to have an Anime Network membership, but I dropped it because of the stability issues.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/14

dracphelan wrote:
...Well, since I have an Amazon Prime membership, they are free streaming for me from there. Amazon Prime also has all of the other shows you mentioned too. And, since the Amazon Prime player is stable (sometimes I can play things through Anime Network, sometimes I can't) and keeps track of where I am in the series, I generally prefer using them. I used to have an Anime Network membership, but I dropped it because of the stability issues.
I was never a TAN subscriber because it was expensive for the two shows (usually) that they held back from free users to pay $16/month or something like that seemed like a lot when I can subscribe to Funimation and Crunchyroll for the same amount and get much bigger catalogs.

But I don't have amazon prime.

Now that TAN doesn't have any exclusive simulcasts, I just use them for some old catalog shows I never watched when they were subscriber only. There are still some there I haven't watched and really should.
15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Minnesota, USA
Online
Posted 2/20/14
High School DxD and Campione are the easy picks. They are just that much better than the rest in my opinion. I'm expecting the Trinity 7 anime to be up there too, unless somebody really screws that up. For now, I'll go with Haganai for the third.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/14

Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

High School DxD and Campione are the easy picks. They are just that much better than the rest in my opinion. I'm expecting the Trinity 7 anime to be up there too, unless somebody really screws that up. For now, I'll go with Haganai for the third.
I definitely agree on Campione! and High School DxD. I guess I should finish Haganai one day but I've started the first season a couple of times and lost interest both times.
104087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 2/20/14

Sunnoir wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

dxd
hotd
is

from the top of my head, obviously they must be good...


Been a while so not sure if Shuffle counts as ecchi, if so replace IS with that, if not replace it with Campione going off the top of my head. Please tell me you're talking about the first season or the harem itself and not the whole show of IS.


When I get back from Japan... There WILL be stories.

Akihabara is NOT the place were people imagined.

also saw lolis on the subway, they wear skirts (knee level)

also whoever said that girls are immune to cold is beyond right. Every girl wears a skirt in 7 Celsius.
104087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 2/20/14

awesomeesper wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

dxd
hotd
is

from the top of my head, obviously they must be good...


This is probably a stupid question but high school of the dead is ecchi??? I've wanted to watch it but if it's just a bunch of fan service with zombies then I could care less.


well you see random panty shots for no real reason... I count that as fanservice, lol.
30480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/14
Sekirei
HS DxD
Freezing

Campione
Rosario vampire
Is that a zombie

I would also say Shuffle , as Sunnior mentioned.
15327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Minnesota, USA
Online
Posted 2/20/14

hpulley wrote:


Well_Spoken_Man wrote:

High School DxD and Campione are the easy picks. They are just that much better than the rest in my opinion. I'm expecting the Trinity 7 anime to be up there too, unless somebody really screws that up. For now, I'll go with Haganai for the third.
I definitely agree on Campione! and High School DxD. I guess I should finish Haganai one day but I've started the first season a couple of times and lost interest both times.


I thought Haganai was really funny, but everybody's sense of humor is different. Honestly there are about 5 or 6 shows that could take third, but I gave Haganai the nod for Sena reading the porn scenes out loud.
72528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/14 , edited 2/20/14

tehshrapnel wrote:
Sekirei
HS DxD
Freezing

Campione
Rosario vampire
Is that a zombie

I would also say Shuffle , as Sunnior mentioned.
All of these plus Haganai are on Funimation except for Campione! Funimation, your source for ecchi harems LOL
30480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/14

hpulley wrote:


tehshrapnel wrote:
Sekirei
HS DxD
Freezing

Campione
Rosario vampire
Is that a zombie

I would also say Shuffle , as Sunnior mentioned.
All of these plus Haganai are on Funimation except for Campione! Funimation, your source for ecchi harems LOL


I forgot Haganai, that is one of my favorite & my 1st. I hope Sena wins!

Funimation, yes. They have a little more risqué titles. Campione is also on the Anime Network.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.