First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
How Can We Stop Pedophiles? Stop treating them like monsters.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 2/27/14

"The counterintuitive, distressing, but necessary way to stop child sexual abuse." A Slate essay on the state of mental health services available to non-offending, self-aware pedophiles. Another recent essay on those "born this way." A Liberty University professor's "expose" of the group B4-UACT, an advocacy group for mental health services for those with pedophila, led to accusations that the group (and the mental health professionals associated with a recent conference) were attempting to "normalize pedophilia." B4U-ACT does take the stance that reducing stigma for "Minor-Attracted People" (MAPs) is the best way to increase the likelihood of therapeutic intervention; they believe the DSM-V description is too "adversarial."

Source: http://www.metafilter.com/120238/How-Can-We-Stop-Pedophiles-Stop-treating-them-like-monsters

Now what do you think of this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmKmVvCzkw
17873 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 2/27/14
a very tricky subject can you honestly stop them before they cross the line? You will have to police the internet but no one wants that "One once of freedom is never worth a ton of safty
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 2/27/14
I agree. My attitude towards anything is that as long as someone haven't done something wrong, they should not be persecuted. That goes for pedophiles as well.
I imagine that most of them did not choose to become pedophiles, and it must be difficult knowing that what you're into is illegal and that if you act on it, you'll be hurting someone else, which will leave a scar for the rest of their life.

If a pedophile is self-aware and does not act upon his desires, then he should be treated no less than any other person.
That is my opinion at least.

Not to mention, if you treat all pedophiles, even the ones who do not act upon their desires, like shit, then what do they have to lose? Most pedophiles aren't caught. But rumours do spread. And if we treat non-offending pedophiles well, then there would be much on the line if word got out that they had done something, even if it couldn't be proven.
But if they were treated as shit to begin with, they have nothing to lose, which lowers the bar considerably, I believe.
7193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cardiff,Wales
Offline
Posted 2/27/14
To stop pedophilia one must stop shunning them from society, we need a group where pedophiles can go to and talk about their weird and 'wrong' dreams and fantasies so that they can get help from the right people. Having a dedicated forum for them would stop things such as this as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lthpresqx4ynecp/HiddenWiki_2.png But of course, why would we do that is what the majority of people would say because they are too lazy to help the ones in actual need.
Posted 2/27/14

aGreekSudaneseGerman wrote:

To stop pedophilia one must stop shunning them from society, we need a group where pedophiles can go to and talk about their weird and 'wrong' dreams and fantasies so that they can get help from the right people. Having a dedicated forum for them would stop things such as this as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lthpresqx4ynecp/HiddenWiki_2.png But of course, why would we do that is what the majority of people would say because they are too lazy to help the ones in actual need.


1. What's going to stop those who have a taste for it from going there and mingling, spreading their disease (making the others hunger for it even more)?

2. Do you actually think that they don't meet up already or talk online, sharing stories, pictures etc...?

3. What's this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/lthpresqx4ynecp/HiddenWiki_2.png

7193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cardiff,Wales
Offline
Posted 2/27/14

Sornette wrote:


aGreekSudaneseGerman wrote:

To stop pedophilia one must stop shunning them from society, we need a group where pedophiles can go to and talk about their weird and 'wrong' dreams and fantasies so that they can get help from the right people. Having a dedicated forum for them would stop things such as this as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lthpresqx4ynecp/HiddenWiki_2.png But of course, why would we do that is what the majority of people would say because they are too lazy to help the ones in actual need.


1. What's going to stop those who have a taste for it from going there and mingling, spreading their disease (making the others hunger for it even more)?

2. Do you actually think that they don't meet up already or talk online, sharing stories, pictures etc...?

3. What's this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/lthpresqx4ynecp/HiddenWiki_2.png



1. It would all be monitored, but the 'sick' would not be discriminated against.

2. Illegally because society shuns them such as on places that I provided with the link.

3.The hidden wiki, and yes the websites are all up.
Posted 2/27/14

aGreekSudaneseGerman wrote:

1. It would all be monitored, but the 'sick' would not be discriminated against.

2. Illegally because society shuns them such as on places that I provided with the link.

3.The hidden wiki, and yes the websites are all up.


-.- Okay.


---
I hate the extended general thread, not coming back.
7193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Cardiff,Wales
Offline
Posted 2/27/14

Sornette wrote:


aGreekSudaneseGerman wrote:

1. It would all be monitored, but the 'sick' would not be discriminated against.

2. Illegally because society shuns them such as on places that I provided with the link.

3.The hidden wiki, and yes the websites are all up.


-.- Okay.


---
I hate the extended general thread, not coming back.


Why?
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 2/28/14

Sornette wrote:


aGreekSudaneseGerman wrote:

To stop pedophilia one must stop shunning them from society, we need a group where pedophiles can go to and talk about their weird and 'wrong' dreams and fantasies so that they can get help from the right people. Having a dedicated forum for them would stop things such as this as well: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lthpresqx4ynecp/HiddenWiki_2.png But of course, why would we do that is what the majority of people would say because they are too lazy to help the ones in actual need.


1. What's going to stop those who have a taste for it from going there and mingling, spreading their disease (making the others hunger for it even more)?

2. Do you actually think that they don't meet up already or talk online, sharing stories, pictures etc...?

3. What's this? https://www.dropbox.com/s/lthpresqx4ynecp/HiddenWiki_2.png




1. You could compare it to AA-meetings. Do AA-members go to meetings and fuel each other's thirst for alcohol? No. They gather there in a collective effort to quell their desires and to encourage each other to stay away from it.
Posted 2/28/14
How do you stop pedos, you ask? I've always had one and only one answer; A bullet.


That's just my opinion.

Carry on.
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 2/28/14

Skreig wrote:

How do you stop pedos, you ask? I've always had one and only one answer; A bullet.


That's just my opinion.

Carry on.


This is stupid on so many levels.
852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/14
So the article says pedophilia is a mental thing people are born with that cannot be changed, and the people in the video wants to arrest all the pedophiles for virtual rape. So should we pardon those pedophiles for virtual rape? Probably not. But why are they going after just the pedophiles? Why not also the guys who are taking the pedophiles' money and putting the kids in front of webcams?
Posted 2/28/14

Syndicaidramon wrote:This is stupid on so many levels.


Well friend. I frankly don't care if you contest my opinion. Such as it is. I won't spark an argument, as I find such things unproductive. I won't change your view, and you sure as hell won't change mine. I will, however offer this fragment of why I feel that way, as follows;

I'll leave out the true-grit, as I find it a bit heavy for an Anime themed forum, honestly. I will say, if 'that' happened to someone you knew, a friends sibling, lets say for relevance, and you had the power to destroy a monster, you would. "He just needs help", tends to go out the window when you see the pain and shame they've caused some poor, undeserving kid.

No one deserves being bit by a rabid dog, and that's all a pedophile, or a rapist for that matter, amount too, in my eyes.

Again, that is MY personal opinion. If they can be treated, more power to em.

3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 2/28/14 , edited 2/28/14

Skreig wrote:


Syndicaidramon wrote:This is stupid on so many levels.


Well friend. I frankly don't care if you contest my opinion. Such as it is. I won't spark an argument, as I find such things unproductive. I won't change your view, and you sure as hell won't change mine. I will, however offer this fragment of why I feel that way, as follows;

I'll leave out the true-grit, as I find it a bit heavy for an Anime themed forum, honestly. I will say, if 'that' happened to someone you knew, a friends sibling, lets say for relevance, and you had the power to destroy a monster, you would. "He just needs help", tends to go out the window when you see the pain and shame they've caused some poor, undeserving kid.

No one deserves being bit by a rabid dog, and that's all a pedophile, or a rapist for that matter, amount too, in my eyes.

Again, that is MY personal opinion. If they can be treated, more power to em.



I totally understand your point of view in that regard, but in your first post, you did not differentiate between one who is merely a pedophile in that he has pedophilic desires that he suppresses, and a pedophilic sex-offender. A.k.a. one who is a pedophile that DOES act on his pedophilic desires.
And there is a BIG difference between those two.
175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Hiding under a bed
Offline
Posted 2/28/14
Pedo's are always gonna be pedo's i mean.. who would wanna walk around with the everyday pedo staring at you. At time i guess some people take it as "Oh i look good today." But then it's the shifting of your sides, and you feel uncomfortable.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.