First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Calling all Bleach Fans
3281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 3/3/14

Suenn wrote:

The only reason i read bleach is because it is one of the best drawn manga, nothing else.
Bleach ended at aizen defeat. They never know when to stop a manga, like dragon ball gt would have never existed. One week is too short to pull out a good story.


I agree, I mainly read Bleach because the artwork looks amazing.
1651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Mor Dhona
Offline
Posted 3/3/14

SheaR619 wrote:

Not to far from how I felt about it as well. The whole arc was pretty pointless with him trying being given this new power only to lose that power and gaining pretty much his old power back (which he eventually end up losing again anyways). Gave good insight on Chad power but that about it. I think one of the thing that Kubo messed up on is creating too many character and thus not being able to create enough screen time for everyone. Look at One Piece, they dedicated an entire arc just to explore a character past and you get to know them (when Luffy was recruiting his crew). Bleach sort of lack that and thus just created a bunch of pointless hollow character that lack any meaning. Remember when Ichigo was learning how to control his Vizard power from those Vizard people? Why didn't we get any character background on any of those character? I was particularly interested in the girl who always read porno magazines. Just an example of adding a bunch of pointless hollow character. I can easily name 10


The character you're describing, Lisa / Risa (not sure on the canon name) Yadomaru, was Shunsui's lieutenant before Nanao. Why she likes reading girly mags has yet to be answered (and probably never will be).

All the Vizard are ex-captains and lieutenants from Soul Society that were experimented on by Aizen. He used the Hogyouku to Hollowfy them, causing the Soul Society to deem them dangerous and/or criminals, so they fled to Karakura Town with Urahara's help. The incident is responsible for all of the Soul Society-aware characters (outside of Isshin Kurosaki) living in Karakura. It's documented in the "Turn Back the Pendulum" sidestory, which is somewhere in the Hueco Mundo volumes.

Some were reinstated in Soul Society following Aizen's defeat, while others elected to stay in Karakura Town. Sadly, none have been shown using their Hollow powers anymore (though a couple Captain-class Vizard have finally shown their Bankai, only to get floored by a Quincy).
22064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
I still enjoy it every week. I like it for what it is. A power up manga with cool characters and cool fights. I don't read it every week and think "Lol Kubo kno no how write gud story. THis manga sux even tho I keep chosing to red it every week" I read it and go, "That was cool, wonder what cool thing will happen next week.
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/4/14

Genbu89 wrote:

It's still worth reading, but at this point I'm just hanging on to see how it ends, much like Naruto.


This.
51139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
59 / F
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
Bleach is already a Legend no matter what some say. Continue to enjoy.Its an epic story about the fight between good and evil.Literature like art in any form is personal and subjective. so enjoy and ignore the whiners.
11147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
I really enjoyed the Bleach animated series, even the Fullbringer arc. So much so, that I have recently started to read the manga because I wanted to see where the series continued to. But I am not necessarily a fan of Bleach because of the action.

I really became invested in this series because of the characters. I think Ichigo is fantastic (come on! He's basically a punk with unshakable determination! Mike Ness as a favourite celebrity and a Bad Religion song for a theme? How badass is that?!) and his father is a riot (again, I was happily shocked to see a Social Distortion song picked as his theme). Ichigo's companions, adversaries, allies all have unique and individual personalities that I can appreciate. That's why I want to continue to read their stories. The story arcs are, to me, only a devise used to further fleshing out who these characters are. Maybe this will change as I read more of the manga. Maybe it won't.
40843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Karakura Town
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
Bleach is awesome.

Hopefully they resume the anime, I read the manga and I have to say, Bleach is one of the best.
288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 3/6/14

Orga777 wrote:


Soulwarfare wrote:

People say Bleach could of just ended at the Aizen arc but that would just leave it with so many plot holes. The final arc is definitely answering every question that I had and of course showing EVERYONES BANKAI =D. Personally I do believe he could of just not made the fullbringer arc and not let Ichigo lose his powers so he had t create that bloody fullbringer arc so we can have a bloody excuse to get his powers back. "fullbringer" arc that was the biggest problem.


The "plot holes" after Aizen are mostly unimportant and don't really add too much to the series. The only "plot hole" that really needed to be covered was why Aizen was so obsessed with taking down the Soul King, and what started him on his path in the first place, and that question hasn't even been answered at all yet. The main reason everything should have ended after Aizen is due to the fact that he started the entire story in the first place, and beating him means solving the main driving force of the series. The Quincies on the other hand just kinda came out of no where with no real foreshadowing what so ever. It is like Necron being the final villain at the end of Final Fantasy IX. It makes no sense and serves little narrative purpose. Also, Aizen's presence is hard to top when it comes to Bleach bad-guys. The Quincies (especially Yhwach) lack his swagger and don't leave the same impression in terms of driving the narrative forward.

I do agree that the Fullbring Arc is basically Filler disguised as canon, though. The way Ichigo got his powers back in the first place was so simple that they should have just done that right away and saved us from the worst arc in the whole series. What the hell was even accomplished in that arc? The Fullbringers were Ultra-Scrubs that are barely a threat (even Hitsugaya won without issue, and he gets jobbed all the time!), and everything that was accomplished ended up being meaningless in the long run. What a waste of paper, ink, and time.


While I agree with you on the fact that Juha back is not as good as a villain as Aizen and that the fullbring arc was pretty damn awful and useless. I disagree with you on the fact that the plot holes were "irrelevant" No series should ever leave unanswered questions that is just bad and pretty damn lazy. Im glad for the quincy arc and that fact is is answering questions that I wanted answered. While I am completely fine with people stopping Bleach at Aizen arc but thats their lost they will never fully tie all loose ends and leave their series inconclusive but thats their choice. Also for the love of god do people not want to see everyones bankais and shikais? Seriously? Like you guys seriously don't want to see all the other captains bankai?
21033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/6/14
Now I am also a person who Supports Bleach And REALLY Wish they would bring it back to animated series. BUT since the Recent Death of Masaaki Tsukada (Old Man Yamamoto) i Dont think it Will ever be coming back For sure now but u never know
456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/6/14
Started late last year and now I'm up to season 12. Orihime's a nag but I'm keen on seeing more soul society politics and Ichigo's progression.
21660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Nashville, TN
Offline
Posted 3/7/14
I still stick around because I'm interested to see where it goes. Regardless of the current arc, Bleach is my all time favorite manga mostly because the original two arcs, up to around volume 20 of the tankabon, were genius, and it's because of that genius that I'm still sticking around with Bleach and enjoying every minute of it. I have a gut feeling that Kubo will throw a kink in the chain of monotony somewhere before the end of the series. He's an excellent mangaka and regardless of whatever the internet says, Bleach will always be remembered. And also I will give this to Kubo: his art style has drastically (and I'm not exaggerating) improved, but what this does is it increases the amount of time he has to spend on artwork. When your running a weekly series, and your doing artwork of that quality and trying to weave together a good story, it's no cake walk. I don't think that's a reason for an excuse, but it is a reason for sentiment, I should think. Anywho, I have faith that Bleach will end on a high note, and if we're lucky we'll get to see the Thousand Year Blood War Arc animated.
21660 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Nashville, TN
Offline
Posted 3/7/14

etruscan wrote:

Bleach is already a Legend no matter what some say. Continue to enjoy.Its an epic story about the fight between good and evil.Literature like art in any form is personal and subjective. so enjoy and ignore the whiners.


^^^^^^ This... This, this, this.

ta11ey 
14639 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/26/14


http://theappliedlogic.blogspot.com/

I give you one of the most hateful blogs I have ever seen in my entire life. It does nothing but spout hate filled bile at a good series. If you are a Bleach fan go over and give them a piece of your mind
Thank You
5999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
Not to bash Bleach, but I always felt Naruto & One Piece were the best 2, although the Soul Society arc was awesome, and Arrancar
JuJu26 
27550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 3/11/14
I love Bleach. It is my favorite series!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.