Post Reply Will Crunchyroll stream Fairy Tail 2014?
17102 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 2/28/14
So the upcoming 2014 fairy tail is approaching fast and i was just wondering if Crunchyroll will be streaming it, I know they had the original Fairy Tail available for streaming but something happened and is now no longer available so will the 2014 series be streamed here?
21705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 2/28/14
Don't count on it since Funi has it.
215009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 2/28/14

MrShammyWow wrote:

So the upcoming 2014 fairy tail is approaching fast and i was just wondering if Crunchyroll will be streaming it, I know they had the original Fairy Tail available for streaming but something happened and is now no longer available so will the 2014 series be streamed here?


I'm guessing it might be in the same situation as when the show was airing before. CR will have the episode up for a month before it's removed. We'll see what happens though.
The Wise Wizard
99871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/28/14

stark700 wrote:

I'm guessing it might be in the same situation as when the show was airing before. CR will have the episode up for a month before it's removed. We'll see what happens though.

I doubt CR would agree to such licensing terms again (specifically the 30 day limitation), and they are in a much stronger position than they were in Fall 2009.

I expect either Funimation alone will have it, or that it will be available via both Funimation and CR (with odds favoring the former). The one scenario I don't foresee is it being exclusive to CR.
Posted 2/28/14
I hope so lol. I don't have any other streaming service.
One Punch Mod
85782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 3/1/14

MrShammyWow wrote:

So the upcoming 2014 fairy tail is approaching fast and i was just wondering if Crunchyroll will be streaming it, I know they had the original Fairy Tail available for streaming but something happened and is now no longer available so will the 2014 series be streamed here?


I've moved this over to the Site Support / minor questions forum, since it's not a discussion question, and is related to CR specifically. However, the best you're going to get until Crunchyroll announces, or doesn't announce, is speculation,

Please remember in the future to use the Help forums for questions requesting information regarding Crunchyroll. For other non-discussion questions about anime (if you're looking for a particular answer) please post in:

The Anime Help Thread (it's stickied near the top of the Anime forum)

81337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Inside Lorreen's...
Offline
Posted 3/2/14
Pretty much what everyone else has said. Until the actual announcements for Spring season come up, anything anyone says is pure speculation based on where the show is now, what has happened in the past with the show or studio, etc etc.

My speculation is it will either be only on FUNimation and FUNimation alone, as they have the home video release rights, and are currently adding in the backlog of the show along with dubbing it, and are the only ones whom have rights to Fairy Tail (as far as I know) right now.

OR

It will be on FUNi and CR with shared streaming rights when the new season comes out, which is less likely to happen I think than FUNi getting sole rights to it.
28664 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
I wish it would become available on here. I've never seen Fairy Tail and would like to do so w/o paying another subscription on a different website. Oh well..
One Punch Mod
85782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 3/17/14
bumping since it keeps coming up over in Anime and General and such.
45013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 3/30/14
In the case that CR might be weighing interest via the forum (anything's possible, eh?), I'd be fine with the old license arrangement.
Since buying year-long CR subs, I don't care to spend time elsewhere. Since I'm on here all the time anyways, wasn't too hard to keep up before the episodes fell off under the old license arrangement. "Anything's better than nothing", right?

But with the show starting up at the end of this week, I hope we hear an official announcement (offhand remark by an official would work too) soon. Gotta get prepared, and all.

Though the CR Launch Calendar webpage for April at the moment looks, well, pretty empty.
34903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 3/30/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


I doubt CR would agree to such licensing terms again (specifically the 30 day limitation), and they are in a much stronger position than they were in Fall 2009.

I expect either Funimation alone will have it, or that it will be available via both Funimation and CR (with odds favoring the former). The one scenario I don't foresee is it being exclusive to CR.


So far Funimation has been mostly translating the back catalogue of episodes. Has there been any announcement that they intend to simucast the upcoming current season? I don't see why if CR being in a stronger position couldn't get current episodes with a longer hold(say 60 days or more) like they did in the past.
The Wise Wizard
99871 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 3/31/14

AniMatsuri wrote:

So far Funimation has been mostly translating the back catalogue of episodes. Has there been any announcement that they intend to simucast the upcoming current season? I don't see why if CR being in a stronger position couldn't get current episodes with a longer hold(say 60 days or more) like they did in the past.

Since I posted that message, llamaben made a good case in another topic for CR getting Fairy Tail.

At this point, neither company has announced anything about their spring anime simulcasts. CR finally switched their lineup page over from winter to spring late near the end of last week, and I'm hoping they will begin announcements later today. (They are already later than any season since summer 2011).

Funimation seems to have abandoned both their CR-like mystery boxes they used last season (which clued us in as to how many series to expect them to grab) and announcing early (last season they made their first announcement on December 24th).

If CR gets the series, I don't really see why they would have any time limitation on the episodes. It only made sense at the time because CR was still relatively new as a legal site at the time (the original series started less than 10 months after CR went legit), and CR had worldwide rights outside of Japan. About the worst restrictions TV Tokyo has put on any series since then has been that some are premium only in certain regions.

You must be logged in to post.