First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Russia invades Ukraine
cosham 
17063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / Sussex UK
Offline
Posted 3/2/14

firefox39 wrote:

Apocalypse, Here we come!


I hope not finished bleach, golden time, or indeed lots of good stuff yet.
15666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sol
Offline
Posted 3/2/14 , edited 3/2/14
I don't understand, why does Russia feels the need to keep sustain a "buffer" zone. It isn't like the EU is interested in invading Russia, I think they finally learned their lesson after Hitler. Why not supply the rebels with weapons (like another certain country) in order to get into the new regimes good graces. What is the point of busting in guns blazing to suppress the general populace and show how big of a dick you are. People are going to start thinking that you're trying to be America and....... wait, this is starting to make sense now.....
26150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/2/14

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Again. more abuse. and putting it all on me over one post. when your every post sounds the same. They stand out with your hipster-esque, superiority and your mocking 'bravo bravo' I'm not talking just this thread or just your one reply to me personally but every post of yours that I've seen.




Let's see, what part of the Rupert Murdock checklist works here:

Playing the false pleb card. Check.

Making this about some perceived slight in my every post, instead of the subject at hand (?). Check.

Playing the ivory tower opposition, when we are posting on forums, and I don't see a privileged position for miles. Check.

Indirectly invoking the Nazis by Chamberlain corollary. Then directly involving the Nazis in another post in this thread ( against the Russians in general, not just Putin... that's gotta take guts ), apply Godwin's law directly. Check.

Accusing the other side of sneering, when you began the sneering with subterfuge equivocation, and the post following up called you out of the weeds. Check.

Frankly, to me, I think your calling me abusive is got to be the tops, every honestly abused person in the world should demand an apology.

Spare me.

I think you are unhappy your argument, which you felt was somehow rhetorically unassailable, looks at little shabby now, even to you. It seems to have been propped up with some rather underhanded analogies you mistook for logic.

Sorry, I don't have it in me for a pout with you. A hipster. I'm not sure whether to be complimented or insulted.

As for that, I'll avoid responding to you from now on. Best as I can. Don't quote me on that. I'm a moody hipster, I guess. On what planet, I have no idea.
16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/2/14 , edited 3/2/14

Anamalous wrote:

its kinda of hard not to say anything offensive in a thing like this

Well said.

The fact is Russia is going to do what Russia wants to do. And they will get away with it. It'll be just like the Russo-Georgian War in August of 2008. The Russians will be finished with it in 5 days or less. They have learned after several bloody wars if you kill everything that moves you typically win. The rest of the world will just look the other way while they do it. Nobody wants to draw Putins attention.
Posted 3/2/14
Guess it's gonna get hot over there where it's cold.
Haha, get it? Oh I'm so funny..
I use to live in Odessa, third largest city in Ukraine and major seaport, and I wanted to go back there but I think it's better if I stay away for the time being. Though I'd prefer Ukraine didn't get destroyed, kthnx.
15666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sol
Offline
Posted 3/2/14 , edited 3/2/14

jpc1278 wrote:


Anamalous wrote:

its kinda of hard not to say anything offensive in a thing like this

Well said.

The fact is Russia is going to do what Russia wants to do. And they will get away with it. It'll be just like the Russo-Georgian War in August of 2008. The Russians will be finished with it in 5 days or less. They have learned after several bloody wars if you kill everything that moves you typically win. The rest of the world will just look the other way while they do it. Nobody wants to draw Putins attention.


Actually, it has been a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details, Georgia did instigate that incident. However, Russia probably did overreact and used unnecessary force to end the conflict.
17879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 3/2/14
well honestly we should stay out of this unless all of NATO decides to act
31009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Tórshavn
Offline
Posted 3/2/14 , edited 3/2/14

soullesswatcher wrote:

I don't understand, why does Russia feels the need to keep sustain a "buffer" zone. It isn't like the EU is interested in invading Russia, I think they finally learned their lesson after Hitler. Why not supply the rebels with weapons (like another certain country) in order to get into the new regimes good graces. What is the point of busting in guns blazing to suppress the general populace and show how big of a dick you are. People are going to start thinking that you're trying to be America and....... wait, this is starting to make sense now.....


Well the reason why they don't go the indirect route, is because that is the dirty way of doing things, really, America has done this so many times in the past, where-as they just supply the rebellion with weapons, money and when they turn into extremists or as an example, Al Qaeda, they just turn a blind eye to it, because 'they didn't do anything' Which is unbelievable that a country can just say that when they have created a monster.

No, Russia doesn't want this to fall into EU's hands, because sooner or later it'll end up in US hands and we all know what the US wants too put into Ukraine...Missiles, *their defense is; that they want to prevent missiles being launched from Iran* Which is stupid, because they don't even have the capabilities to launch said missiles.


16404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/2/14

soullesswatcher wrote:


jpc1278 wrote:


Anamalous wrote:

its kinda of hard not to say anything offensive in a thing like this

Well said.

The fact is Russia is going to do what Russia wants to do. And they will get away with it. It'll be just like the Russo-Georgian War in August of 2008. The Russians will be finished with it in 5 days or less. They have learned after several bloody wars if you kill everything that moves you typically win. The rest of the world will just look the other way while they do it. Nobody wants to draw Putins attention.


Actually, it has been a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details, Georgia did instigate that incident. However, Russia probably did overreact and used unnecessary force to end the conflict.


Yes in fact Georgia did instigate the incident. Georgia launched a large scale military offensive against South Ossetia which caused casualties among Russian peacekeepers. What im trying to say is While that conflict was taking place the world just stood by and watched. . Now do I believe America should have intervened then or now ? No. I think we should just mind our own business we are not the worlds police officer. Theres a right time and a wrong time to intervene. We've got enough problems of our own to deal with without adding the rest of the worlds!
15666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sol
Offline
Posted 3/2/14 , edited 3/2/14

jpc1278 wrote:


soullesswatcher wrote:


jpc1278 wrote:


Anamalous wrote:

its kinda of hard not to say anything offensive in a thing like this

Well said.

The fact is Russia is going to do what Russia wants to do. And they will get away with it. It'll be just like the Russo-Georgian War in August of 2008. The Russians will be finished with it in 5 days or less. They have learned after several bloody wars if you kill everything that moves you typically win. The rest of the world will just look the other way while they do it. Nobody wants to draw Putins attention.


Actually, it has been a while so my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details, Georgia did instigate that incident. However, Russia probably did overreact and used unnecessary force to end the conflict.


Yes in fact Georgia did instigate the incident. Georgia launched a large scale military offensive against South Ossetia which caused casualties among Russian peacekeepers. What im trying to say is While that conflict was taking place the world just stood by and watched. . Now do I believe America should have intervened then or now ? No. I think we should just mind our own business we are not the worlds police officer. Theres a right time and a wrong time to intervene. We've got enough problems of our own to deal with without adding the rest of the worlds!


I see what you are coming from and I begrudgingly agree, history has shown that America kicking down the door of a country and firing blindly ususally dosn't go well. However, I despise the excuse "that we have our own problems". Arn't we all human? We all share a high level of DNA similarities and can interbreed, scienticifically we are all the same people. It's only because of the belief of the "fiction" of country that still seperates us. America, while not a utopia, is in a better position then the a majority of the countries on this planet. Dosn't that mean its' people have a responsibility to help those in need, whose only crime was being born in an unfortunate area. I know this is Idealistic bullS$!t and my actions don't reflect my ideals, however it still annoys me.
9018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / SABER
Offline
Posted 3/2/14
i believe nato is going to try their best to avoid an another world war incident here since almost, HENCE ALMOST, all countries have the the right stuff for total self-annihilation. assuming that our world leaders aren't blind by ignorance, and other factor. i may have worded this wrong
23326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/2/14

uncletim wrote:

well honestly we should stay out of this unless all of NATO decides to act

Agreed, although I think intervention is likely. The Ukrainian Ambassador did make his case to the UN. If the country in question is asking for help, then by all means give it.
9018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / SABER
Offline
Posted 3/2/14
i can almost envision a code geass story and plot in reality here but instead Russia is Britannia and the U.S is like the Chinese federation or European union what ever one seems more closely
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 3/2/14

crypticcrunch wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


Again. more abuse. and putting it all on me over one post. when your every post sounds the same. They stand out with your hipster-esque, superiority and your mocking 'bravo bravo' I'm not talking just this thread or just your one reply to me personally but every post of yours that I've seen.




Let's see, what part of the Rupert Murdock checklist works here:

Playing the false pleb card. Check.

Making this about some perceived slight in my every post, instead of the subject at hand (?). Check.

Playing the ivory tower opposition, when we are posting on forums, and I don't see a privileged position for miles. Check.

Indirectly invoking the Nazis by Chamberlain corollary. Then directly involving the Nazis in another post in this thread ( against the Russians in general, not just Putin... that's gotta take guts ), apply Godwin's law directly. Check.

Accusing the other side of sneering, when you began the sneering with subterfuge equivocation, and the post following up called you out of the weeds. Check.

Frankly, to me, I think your calling me abusive is got to be the tops, every honestly abused person in the world should demand an apology.

Spare me.

I think you are unhappy your argument, which you felt was somehow rhetorically unassailable, looks at little shabby now, even to you. It seems to have been propped up with some rather underhanded analogies you mistook for logic.

Sorry, I don't have it in me for a pout with you. A hipster. I'm not sure whether to be complimented or insulted.

As for that, I'll avoid responding to you from now on. Best as I can. Don't quote me on that. I'm a moody hipster, I guess. On what planet, I have no idea.


Thanks for giving me the last word. I do find it amusing that you think I'm some sheep from faux news. you took whatever I said and ran with it in the worst possible direction. And you obviously don't get what I was actually saying an have replaced it with an imaginary pop up target of a tea party member.

anyhow the sentiment of 'not worth my time' is mutual, so.. have a nice life.


15666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sol
Offline
Posted 3/2/14 , edited 3/2/14

JayVeeDees wrote:


soullesswatcher wrote:

I don't understand, why does Russia feels the need to keep sustain a "buffer" zone. It isn't like the EU is interested in invading Russia, I think they finally learned their lesson after Hitler. Why not supply the rebels with weapons (like another certain country) in order to get into the new regimes good graces. What is the point of busting in guns blazing to suppress the general populace and show how big of a dick you are. People are going to start thinking that you're trying to be America and....... wait, this is starting to make sense now.....


Well the reason why they don't go the indirect route, is because that is the dirty way of doing things, really, America has done this so many times in the past, where-as they just supply the rebellion with weapons, money and when they turn into extremists or as an example, Al Qaeda, they just turn a blind eye to it, because 'they didn't do anything' Which is unbelievable that a country can just say that when they have created a monster.

No, Russia doesn't want this to fall into EU's hands, because sooner or later it'll end up in US hands and we all know what the US wants too put into Ukraine...Missiles, *their defense is; that they want to prevent missiles being launched from Iran* Which is stupid, because they don't even have the capabilities to launch said missiles.




Not to mention the whole "American Hate" is not really "cool" anymore in Iran.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.