First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
we need a reboot
288 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
Soul eater definitely needs a reboot...
22406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CR Forums
Online
Posted 3/3/14

WitlessMean wrote:


So are you saying you've read the manga, or you're reading the manga? I say this because it's still happening and I personally think it's pretty good right now, and would make for stellar animation. I really don't know what you're talking about when you say that it stays the same. There's a whole time skip and all the original villains die/change.

I agree with the Berserk thing, as I've seen the original series. However, didn't berserk already get something of a reboot with those movies?


I did read the manga, but that was back a while right after Claymore aired....or the English Dub of Claymore was released....I don't remember which. I saw it both time. I was there with the time skip....but wasn't there much longer...I guess?

Look, I just remember having fantasies of Rikaihihu-whatever the kid who grew up's name was being an adult badass. Like, I'm talking 60's style manliness here, Diablo style Barbarian badassery. Now, I doubt he would ever become that type of manly man(Guts style) but, that's where the story left off..ish..for me.

Berserk needs a continuation series. The Reboot movies were well...re-adaptations really. They havn't continued the story yet, altho the bill is in congress as they say. The follow-up series to Berserk, the actual Bulk of the Manga, has yet to be adapted. And after seeing Guts get dragged through hell, I want to see the climb out of hell animated as well.
2924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 3/3/14

HauAreWe wrote:


meowth900 wrote:

That series looks too moe desu for me But hopefully the otakus who buy into that stuff will make huge sales of it


I wouldn't worry about it. Japan its-self is powered by moe moe kyun.

Just look at the government's Information and Communication Technology's mascot:


And Keiko Osaka here tells you not to leave stuff in your car for car thieves (I think she stole that purse..)


Cuteness is scary
37906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
Hunter X Hunter will need another reboot after the manga comes off hiatus and builds enough material.
24585 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Somewhere traveli...
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
Oh how I detest that word : "REBOOT"

It has ruined so many shows/ideas. Just look at Hollywood in America. No fresh ideas, just reboots, sequels and other mindless garbage.

At least there is still some creativity in anime. Lots of weird creativity, but it is still there. Let's not rush it to its death just yet.

Leave those classics anime shows as they are. Don't rehash them because those who have seen the originals will most likely complain and refuse the "reboot."

Leave those shows you are pining for a reboot to the collection of anime's history. Let's demand fresh ideas and stories.

40319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 3/3/14

chiguy1 wrote:

Oh how I detest that word : "REBOOT"

It has ruined so many shows/ideas. Just look at Hollywood in America. No fresh ideas, just reboots, sequels and other mindless garbage.

At least there is still some creativity in anime. Lots of weird creativity, but it is still there. Let's not rush it to its death just yet.

Leave those classics anime shows as they are. Don't rehash them because those who have seen the originals will most likely complain and refuse the "reboot."

Leave those shows you are pining for a reboot to the collection of anime's history. Let's demand fresh ideas and stories.



This. One of the most irritating things is when someone says something like, "Oh, in the manga it was this certain way so i want them to reboot the series and make it EXACTLY like the original source". Are you kidding me?

Let's take a random anime that skewed away from it's original source; it won't be hard since it happens...a lot. Sora no Otoshimono is a series that deviated from it's manga, but is that really going to defer me liking the series? I don't think so. Just leave the anime as it is and if it pulls away from the original source so be it!
22631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/3/14 , edited 3/3/14

Insomnist wrote:

I don't see a point unless there's reason to believe the reboot could be better than the original.


Indeed. Rebooting a good series is usually fail. Just look at ghost in the shell. Was excellent, so they try doing more and end up losing what made SAC great. Plus just look at the "visually updated" First movie. Stick out eyesores.

If anything is worth rebooting, it is a series that was mediocre due to budget constraints and era in terms of quality, but fantastic in terms of story and characters.



Battle Angel: Alita

2 thirty minute ovas only, yet one of the best cyberpunk series that is still going on after TWENTY-FOUR YEARS!
21984 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
I would love a reboot of Berserk that goes all the way to the end. Make it high quality with great music and you have the potential for a long running dark Hunter x Hunter type of reboot.
1773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
Wee need a great teacher onizuka reboot that will follow the whole manga. Also the continuation of one outs
26150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/14 , edited 3/23/14
.
21705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Dark Continent
Offline
Posted 3/3/14


ROFL!!!
23142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/3/14

Felstalker wrote:


WitlessMean wrote:


So are you saying you've read the manga, or you're reading the manga? I say this because it's still happening and I personally think it's pretty good right now, and would make for stellar animation. I really don't know what you're talking about when you say that it stays the same. There's a whole time skip and all the original villains die/change.

I agree with the Berserk thing, as I've seen the original series. However, didn't berserk already get something of a reboot with those movies?


I did read the manga, but that was back a while right after Claymore aired....or the English Dub of Claymore was released....I don't remember which. I saw it both time. I was there with the time skip....but wasn't there much longer...I guess?

Look, I just remember having fantasies of Rikaihihu-whatever the kid who grew up's name was being an adult badass. Like, I'm talking 60's style manliness here, Diablo style Barbarian badassery. Now, I doubt he would ever become that type of manly man(Guts style) but, that's where the story left off..ish..for me.

Berserk needs a continuation series. The Reboot movies were well...re-adaptations really. They havn't continued the story yet, altho the bill is in congress as they say. The follow-up series to Berserk, the actual Bulk of the Manga, has yet to be adapted. And after seeing Guts get dragged through hell, I want to see the climb out of hell animated as well.


I respect your opinion, but this isn't a thread about season 2's, it's a thread about reboots. The only reason I mentioned season 2 is because claymore would need to be rebooted for a season 2 to be released. A continuation series, as you mentioned, is really just a second season. I actually agree with you, I'm just sayin.

By the way, sounds like you left off claymore before raki actually grew up. I mean he's not a guts badass, because that's kind of impossible. But he IS a badass.

3294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
Fruits basket deserves a proper remake.
26121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
I'd love to see a Shaman King reboot.
42484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
Rurouni Kenshin reboot? It's already pretty good would like to see it in HD
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.