First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Any Youtubers out there?
2172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/3/14 , edited 3/3/14
Was just wondering if there were any Youtube personalities in the building. If so, link it up, maybe we can all make some new friends here.


http://www.youtube.com/user/KronosTrinity
9634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Georgia - GA
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
yup sure do have a youtube channel
www.youtube.com/thestupidpure
22583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
I run a gaming-centric Youtube channel, but I monetize my content and the mods here have strict policies on not linking to monetized videos and self-advertising. So, I would rather play it safe and not risk their wrath.

All the same, Youtube is a hard place to get into these days. It was hard several years ago, but it's much more so now. My best advice to anyone just starting out is to keep making videos, use Google Adwords Keyword Tool to find the best tags (high search, low competition) for your videos, get some nice channel art, and make sure your thumbnails are catchy. After that it all just comes down to the quality of your content and you'll start getting scouted by youtube partners like TGN and such (do your research before committing to anything).

Of course, the most important thing is for you to love what you're doing. A lot of people get too caught up in the "Youtube Money" aspect of things and forget to have fun with their videos.
2172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/3/14

Striketh wrote:

I run a gaming-centric Youtube channel, but I monetize my content and the mods here have strict policies on not linking to monetized videos and self-advertising. So, I would rather play it safe and not risk their wrath.

All the same, Youtube is a hard place to get into these days. It was hard several years ago, but it's much more so now. My best advice to anyone just starting out is to keep making videos, use Google Adwords Keyword Tool to find the best tags (high search, low competition) for your videos, get some nice channel art, and make sure your thumbnails are catchy. After that it all just comes down to the quality of your content and you'll start getting scouted by youtube partners like TGN and such (do your research before committing to anything).

Of course, the most important thing is for you to love what you're doing. A lot of people get too caught up in the "Youtube Money" aspect of things and forget to have fun with their videos.


Actually, I never use the Google keywords thing. Personally, I do my manual research, looking up the top search result tags and then copying them to some extent. Much more fulfilling.
22583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
Whatever works for you. I have an older video I did a year ago that had a measly 6 keywords on it and it has over 57,000 views and still gets about 150 - 300 views per day. Then I have other videos with 25 keywords and they have 10 views. It's the luck of the draw sometimes even if you do everything "right".
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
Who doesn't have a YouTube channel?

Here's my YT channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOmegaForce70941 I usually upload gameplay from games onto my youtube channel and in the past I've uploaded a few animations that I've made in 3D (Maya), however I don't really have any advanced 3D animations uploaded onto my channel, so don't expect too much!
21022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 3/3/14 , edited 3/3/14
http://www.youtube.com/user/Justinjaro

Throwing mine in!

I do full band covers of OPs and also some Attack on Titan fandubs are on there. Hope yall like them!
36090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/14 , edited 3/3/14
Here's my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PikapwnAMVs

I post AMVs on here. I'm not trying to reach the YouTube top charts, but it would be great if more people could see and give feedback on my videos so that I can improve.

Here's my friend's channel (he doesn't have an account on CR...): http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAKlY5SupxUSTddaLwcQNDA

He, on the other hand, is aiming to get big. He just started this channel up a couple weeks ago. For now he's just practicing and experimenting with ideas he has, but he's planning to post toplists, reviews, play-throughs, and general discussion videos about gaming and eventually anime. He invited me to be a part of the channel as well, so I'm hoping to do some anime related videos on there too.


I'll check out all of your guys' channels as soon as I get the chance!
22583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
If any of you have a green screen, decent lighting, and a good microphone and want to collaborate on something I'm game.

I have all of the above and do skits for some of my videos, but it would be nice to get someone else involved. I do a lot of editing in Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro so if you need help with anything, whether it be video editing, dealing with ambient noise while recording (i.e. PC fans), or anything of the such I'm happy to help.

Just shoot me a PM and we can go from there.
21022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 3/3/14
What kind of videos are you thinking of collaborating on? Sorry if you posted your youtube link I just can't seem to find it.
22583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 3/3/14 , edited 3/3/14

justinjaro wrote:

What kind of videos are you thinking of collaborating on? Sorry if you posted your youtube link I just can't seem to find it.


See my first post in the thread as to why I haven't linked my channel in here. There was another forum thread similar to this one a while back and a mod stopped in and was very specific and what was allowed and not allowed.

I cover a variety of games, both triple A and Indie, and do analysis on them. But, to keep things fresh I like to throw in a skit in the beginning. It's always something that's themed after the game I'm doing. For example, in my most recent video I covered Thief and basically had me knocking myself unconscious and then stealing my own watch. The one before that I introduced a "bad guy" of sorts who's not meant to be taken seriously and makes me play shitty games.

They're usually about 1 - 2 minute long skits, just kind of an intro sort of thing, but it would be fun to have other people involved on occasion. Or to do something entirely different, but always themed around gaming since that's both what my channel is about and my passion.

Collaborations have the benefit of increased traffic for both parties too. It's a good way for smaller channels to boost their viewer base. Whether it be musical, straight up acting, or whatever.
8385 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/3/14
I'm not a famous youtuber, but I have a youtube account. Lol.. I don't upload videos or anything either... do I still count?
77249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 3/4/14
I'm a YouTuber as well, basically only upload let's play videos - quality isn't great but I think I'm improving.

Then we have the accent, since I'm not a native english speaker, there is a lot of errors when I speak - mostly when it's in haste.
manisa 
35844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 3/5/14

justinjaro wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Justinjaro

Throwing mine in!

I do full band covers of OPs and also some Attack on Titan fandubs are on there. Hope yall like them!


Man ur preety cool... keep that up.. :D

21022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 3/5/14

manisa wrote:


justinjaro wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Justinjaro

Throwing mine in!

I do full band covers of OPs and also some Attack on Titan fandubs are on there. Hope yall like them!


Man ur preety cool... keep that up.. :D



Hahaha thanks a lot! Just sucks since I work a lot for (undisclosed record label) I can only put out one cover a month roughly :[
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.