Created by Sacae89
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Mikasa (Attack on Titan) verse Morgiana (Magi) - which do you like better?
9018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / SABER
Offline
Posted 3/6/14


for responding to me what exactly do you mean lol
61576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/6/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


aidenraine wrote:

goodbye, post.



Aren't you the guy that hates SnK very much?


I don't necessarily hate AoT, I was just greatly disappointed by it. if it had not been hyped to hell and back, I may have had a different experience, who knows. one thing I will say is I did actually enjoy the time from episodes 5 -12, but everything else could have been handled much better, and the latter half of the series just felt long and dragged out unnecessarily.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/6/14 , edited 3/6/14

aidenraine wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


aidenraine wrote:

goodbye, post.



Aren't you the guy that hates SnK very much?


I don't necessarily hate AoT, I was just greatly disappointed by it. if it had not been hyped to hell and back, I may have had a different experience, who knows. one thing I will say is I did actually enjoy the time from episodes 5 -12, but everything else could have been handled much better, and the latter half of the series just felt long and dragged out unnecessarily.



Well I haven't finished the anime (got tired of waiting every week.)

So most of what I know of AoT is from the manga.

The anime was very over-hyped I would agree.

But, I was not exposed to this hype when I watch episodes 1-6. Never even heard of attack on titan till after watching.

So maybe I had the gift of not knowing of the hype.

Though I created some probably after reading the manga.

My biggest love of AoT is of the female characters tho - partly the reason of this thread. I fell in love with female characters that were strong and interesting, instead of eye candy,

Edit: Which Magi does very well too. Magi has the boob rubbing by the kid at the earlier eps...but mostly fanservice free.
42443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/6/14


You read the manga? I truly enjoy the series but some would say the characters are bland which is true in a way. I feel that if they gave the EVERY character personality, flaws, and made them feel human, we might have less complaints. I'm talking about the complaints about why the series is so popular. Yet, this shows has flaws but I still enjoyed it either way.
61576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/6/14


not getting run over by the hype train is definitely a good thing. it was kinda hard to avoid it at the time.

I should go back and start marathoning Magi. I watched the first couple episodes of the first season, but I got a little annoyed at Aladdin so I gave up on it.
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/6/14 , edited 3/6/14

aidenraine wrote:



not getting run over by the hype train is definitely a good thing. it was kinda hard to avoid it at the time.

I should go back and start marathoning Magi. I watched the first couple episodes of the first season, but I got a little annoyed at Aladdin so I gave up on it.


Aladdin could be a little annoying at the start, but Magi is worth a second try I think. It just gets better and better - it has some of the better character development in the three main characters.

As manga I think Magi does the better job. I havent finished AoT anime to know.

14652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / US of A
Offline
Posted 3/6/14 , edited 3/6/14
I prefer Morg personality and development wise. She comes off as a sweeter person and I found her to be more entertaining to watch.

The two of them are pretty similar in what their roles are in their respective universe, both being the strong female leads with exceptional fighting skills. It's easy to compare the two of them. Also, I think it's funny that Eren and Alibaba are both voiced by Yuki Kaji.

Not sure if this is a spoiler but it comes up at the end of season 1 and season 2 of Magi:
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/6/14

Shwuishu wrote:

I prefer Morg personality and development wise. She comes off as a sweeter person and I found her to be more entertaining to watch.

The two of them are pretty similar in what their roles are in their respective universe, both being the strong female leads with exceptional fighting skills. It's easy to compare the two of them. Also, I think it's funny that Eren and Alibaba are both voiced by Yuki Kaji.

Not sure if this is a spoiler but it comes up at the end of season 1 and season 2 of Magi:


Eren and Alibaba are voiced by the same person? haha priceless in so many ways. thanks for letting me know.

And you are right they play very similar roles. I think thats why they both make me happy to watch. They are awesome.


34162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Online
Posted 3/7/14
I can't decide.

I <3 both
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 3/7/14 , edited 3/7/14
Mikasa is no where near the character that Morgiana is. In comparison, Mikasa is so two-dimensional. I never really liked her that much because all she does is protect Eren. That's all she lives for. It's all she's ever shown caring about. She goes through no character development in the entire series and is simply there to be badass and keep Eren out of shit. She rarely shows any emotion besides neutral or angry. She's not very likable personality-wise.

Morg, on the other hand, develops along with the other characters in Magi. She has a more rounded, likable personality and does not solely exist to protect Alibaba. She shows various emotions and is able to stand on her own as an independent figure. However you look at it, Mikasa, as a character, is dependent on Eren. She always acts with Eren in mind. Not saying that's a bad thing, necessarily, but I don't particularly like it.

So, yeah. Morgiana ftw.
42443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/7/14



Thats' something I didn't really enjoy in Mikasa either. Chick got problems and Eren needs to get smack....just sayin'
21575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 3/7/14
Mikasa, can't beat dem rock hard abs.
2478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
Without any doubt Mikasa.
She's just sooooo AWESOME. Well both of them are awesome but I prefer Mikasa
98396 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
Very close in the poll.
7814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Fontana, CA
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
In terms of power, morgiana would destroy mikasa. In beauty i prefer mikasa. In character development wise, Morgiana as Aokidanza said misaka only tries to protect eren and as we we seen sometimes fails. Morgiana on the other hand has an actual purpose to look for her family and be renuited :3
So IMO Morgiana >>>Mikasa
12935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Space
Offline
Posted 7/22/14
Morgiana, more cute has fire.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.