Created by AniMatsuri
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Favorite long running Mecha series
34915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 3/6/14 , edited 3/19/14
These are shows that keep getting brought back in one form or another because they are so popular.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 3/6/14
Gundams appeal to me more but NGE comes second to be honest.

Mobile Suit Gundam ftw!
Dragon
58342 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Online
Posted 3/7/14
Have to go Gundam, if only because it has so many flavors, so there's a Gundam to suit just about any taste. Want hot-blooded superpowered action fighting? Gundam's got you covered. Political maneuvering? Gundam. Cast full of pretty boys? Gundam. There's even fan service Gundam.
80399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Asia
Offline
Posted 3/7/14
Gundam
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 3/7/14
There is only one!

MACROSS
63862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 3/7/14
Gotta go with Gundam here. While I haven't exactly been watching much Gundam, the series that I did watch are quite enjoyable. As great as Evangelion is, the TV series ends on a sour note, but then there is the series of movies that is really taking the show to a different level. The only Gundam I have watched to the end are Wing, 0083, and 00, while I have seen a sizable amount of Seed and G. Wing and 00 are just amazing. As for Macross, I haven't watched much of it.
34915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Hawai'i
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
I was expecting a few more votes for Macross but since there hasn't been anything new released in the US since the mid-90s, this result makes sense.
1295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/11/14
There hasn't been any new Macross releases in the US because of Harmony Gold hording the rights to license it in North America indefinitely. :/ Kind of sad since the original edit of Macross was a lot better than the ear-stabbing English editing of EVERYTHING in the series to make Robotech.

And so yes, my favorite Mecha anime will always be Macross, for several reasons. The main reason I love this series the most was due to the transforming mecha, and its fighter mode that was heavily inspired by real jetfighters. The technology of the mecha is realistically within our life time. And it was always a blast to watch the struggles and survival of the SDF-1, even when technologically outmatched and outnumbered.
2698 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
I love Macross and Gundam equally, but right now I'm more into Macross.
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
mine's kinda obvious.....

<--------- *cough*
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 3/19/14

KunoMochi wrote:

There hasn't been any new Macross releases in the US because of Harmony Gold hording the rights to license it in North America indefinitely. :/ Kind of sad since the original edit of Macross was a lot better than the ear-stabbing English editing of EVERYTHING in the series to make Robotech.

And so yes, my favorite Mecha anime will always be Macross, for several reasons. The main reason I love this series the most was due to the transforming mecha, and its fighter mode that was heavily inspired by real jetfighters. The technology of the mecha is realistically within our life time. And it was always a blast to watch the struggles and survival of the SDF-1, even when technologically outmatched and outnumbered.


EXACTLY!

If more people would have watched Macross Frontier then Macross would be ahead by a mile!

The Mech, the artwork, the singing, it is all there!
1295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 3/19/14 , edited 3/19/14

eightcar wrote:

EXACTLY!

If more people would have watched Macross Frontier then Macross would be ahead by a mile!

The Mech, the artwork, the singing, it is all there!


Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for maxvf1's Macross VF-1 Valkyrie set to make it through the reviews and given the OK to make it into a real Lego set.
3614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Rochester, NY
Offline
Posted 3/19/14

KunoMochi wrote:


eightcar wrote:

EXACTLY!

If more people would have watched Macross Frontier then Macross would be ahead by a mile!

The Mech, the artwork, the singing, it is all there!


Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for maxvf1's Macross VF-1 Valkyrie set to make it through the reviews and given the OK to make it into a real Lego set. :P


SWEET!

That's some Lego's I truly want!
2551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / space
Offline
Posted 3/19/14
i luv gudam
14714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Zuellni
Offline
Posted 3/19/14
Gundam.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.