First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Say something bad about your #1 anime
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/8/14

One Piece animation is the pits.
Surely after a decade and a half of success,
Toei would be glad to actually give effort animating it.

And the 5 minute recaps always annoy me so much.
This is why the manga > anime. Tch.



O N E PIECE
by Oda Eiichiro




"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No.
When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!"
~Dr. Hiluluk

N  E  V  E  R    F  O  R  G  E  T
Join the official ONE PIECE group in CR
136460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/14
One Piece: stale running jokes.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/8/14 , edited 3/8/14


It's not One Piece without them, though.



136460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/14
Hey let's anime what is possibly going to be 1000 episodes of anime and make them all beautiful with an excessive amount of frames... I THINK NOT

The animation's never bothered me.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/8/14 , edited 3/8/14


With the amount of money this anime is getting,
why not hire an extra couple of animators to help make it decent?
Also, I'm not saying make them AoT-level animation, because
it wouldn't suit OP at all and frankly I don't think the guys at Toei
are even capable of producing it, JUST that,




47764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 3/8/14
I've only seen snips of One Piece but isn't it about maintaining an animation style? Like damn..that's One Piece, almost like if you saw an anime from the 90's you'd be able to place it because of the style.


Monogatari: Stop spending so much time on Tsubasa...she isn't even best girl!
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/8/14

salinas0731 wrote:

I've only seen snips of One Piece but isn't it about maintaining an animation style? Like damn..that's One Piece, almost like if you saw an anime from the 90's you'd be able to place it because of the style.



Zoro does not look like that at all.




136460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/8/14
I think they already did that. You can now definitely tell there's a boost in quality of animation since the first few arcs, plus Toei has done some beautiful work.
Posted 3/8/14
It had Shinji Ikari in it.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/8/14

kufirst wrote:

You can now definitely tell there's a boost in quality of animation since the first few arcs,



There is, but not much.
Current animation though > Old
I'll admit that much.


47764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 3/8/14

chrome_mist wrote:

Zoro does not look like that at all.






eh...like I said, I've only seen a few mins of a couple of eps here & there, but I could tell it was OP. It's not beautiful but for that reason it probably endears to people..idk I'm talking out of my ass now.
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/8/14

salinas0731 wrote:

eh...like I said, I've only seen a few mins of a couple of eps here & there, but I could tell it was OP. It's not beautiful but for that reason it probably endears to people..idk I'm talking out of my ass now.



You are mistaking style for animation.
One Piece indeed has a distinct style that it is mostly recognized for.
The animation becomes lazy due to the fact that the style is like that.


22022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Chester, PA
Offline
Posted 3/8/14
Impossibru!!
47764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 3/8/14 , edited 3/8/14

chrome_mist wrote:


You are mistaking style for animation.
One Piece indeed has a distinct style that it is mostly recognized for.
The animation becomes lazy due to the fact that the style is like that.




I can dig, you're the #1 source....

Perhaps start a fund like feed the kids... "please, for only 10 cents a day you can bring joy to young otaku lives...no longer will they have to live with poor OP animation and bemoan the quality of their competitors...the otakus shouldn't have to live in pain...and you can change that with a pledge of $3"
54331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Under your skin.
Offline
Posted 3/8/14

salinas0731 wrote:

I can dig, you're the #1 source....

Perhaps start a fund like feed the kids... "please, for only 10 cents a day you can bring joy to young otaku lives...no longer will they have to live with poor OP animation and bemoan the quality of their competitors...the otakus shouldn't have to live in pain...and you can change that with a pledge of $3"



Excellent idea.
Be sure to donate!


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.