First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Xbox one vs PS4
22337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In the Dark Realm...
Offline
Posted 3/8/14
Which consoles do you guys prefer? I prefer ps4 cause I've always been a playstaion fan, and they have more jrpgs.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/8/14

Darkxangel12 wrote:

Which consoles do you guys prefer? I prefer ps4 cause I've always been a playstaion fan, and they have more jrpgs.


I prefer the Playstation. Though I use my PC for pretty much everything. Those JRPGs though....
22337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / In the Dark Realm...
Offline
Posted 3/8/14
Nice. Definitely ps4, mainly cause I liked final fantasy and stuff.
34162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 3/8/14
I don't have either but in terms of what I will purchase eventually, it's the PS4 no question. I'm not a fan of the direction Microsoft has decided to take (began with the introduction of Kinect last gen and carrying over to the current gen).
16792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / waiting for you here
Offline
Posted 3/8/14
PS4 100% i love the jrpgs and i found a site to get a load of japanese games to get for my uk ps4
Posted 3/10/14
I have been an xbox only gamer since say 2004, I played Wii and PC a little but Xbox and then Xbox 360 have been my only consoles the whole time. I would say I was 95% xbox, 5% other consoles.. Towards the end of the Xbox / PS3 gen I started looking into the Playstation more and all the games I missed out on. With the announcement on the Xbox one and PS4 I started looking more at Sony than Xbox.. especially the fact the PS4 was cheaper, faster and PS+ is killer. With Xbox one first announcing all the lame things, then doing a 180 I didn't feel I could trust them.

So in like November I borrowed my Uncles PS3 to play games i've missed such as Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Ni No Kuni and play with PS+ and it was awesome. Then to my total surprise that same Uncle got me a PS4 for Christmas, total surprise!

With both the PS3 and 4 I rarely played my Xbox 360 anymore, in fact I have sold 90% of my stuff for it. So with me spending on my time loving the PS3 and 4 I finally got to play an Xbox one last week. I played Dead Rising 3 and Zoo Tycoon got to play play around with the UI and I really wasn't impressed. It seemed sluggish and slow compared to the super fast PS4. You have to go through menus and menus to find stuff on the Xbox One and the UI isn't attractive. I wasn't that impressed with the games either visually.

All in all I feel 100% happy with the choice to switch from xbox to sony for this new generation. I may get an xbox one in a few years time maybe so I can play Halo or whatever but for now the PS4 is king, and its selling like hot cakes!
16792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / waiting for you here
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

saunderscowie wrote:

I have been an xbox only gamer since say 2004, I played Wii and PC a little but Xbox and then Xbox 360 have been my only consoles the whole time. I would say I was 95% xbox, 5% other consoles.. Towards the end of the Xbox / PS3 gen I started looking into the Playstation more and all the games I missed out on. With the announcement on the Xbox one and PS4 I started looking more at Sony than Xbox.. especially the fact the PS4 was cheaper, faster and PS+ is killer. With Xbox one first announcing all the lame things, then doing a 180 I didn't feel I could trust them.

So in like November I borrowed my Uncles PS3 to play games i've missed such as Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Ni No Kuni and play with PS+ and it was awesome. Then to my total surprise that same Uncle got me a PS4 for Christmas, total surprise!

With both the PS3 and 4 I rarely played my Xbox 360 anymore, in fact I have sold 90% of my stuff for it. So with me spending on my time loving the PS3 and 4 I finally got to play an Xbox one last week. I played Dead Rising 3 and Zoo Tycoon got to play play around with the UI and I really wasn't impressed. It seemed sluggish and slow compared to the super fast PS4. You have to go through menus and menus to find stuff on the Xbox One and the UI isn't attractive. I wasn't that impressed with the games either visually.

All in all I feel 100% happy with the choice to switch from xbox to sony for this new generation. I may get an xbox one in a few years time maybe so I can play Halo or whatever but for now the PS4 is king, and its selling like hot cakes!


amen

13781 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
I was always an Xbox fanboy, most likely because all my friends were on Xbox.
Now i'm definitely going for PS4, my time with the Microsoft is up.
15294 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24
Offline
Posted 3/12/14 , edited 3/12/14
If you are only going to use it for gaming the PS4 is the more dominate console. It uses DDR 5 ram instead of the old DDR 3 that the xbox uses. The PS4 has a better PVR so you can record games longer and to top it off it has an interchangeable hard drive. I'm also leaving other things out like the T-flop speed is better and etc. I honestly wished the ps4 was set to 500 dollars just like the xbox. With that 100 dollars they put it towards a 2 GB or 3 GB card so it would out preform the Xbox in every single way for gaming.
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 3/17/14
none, I haven't seen interest in both. I use to be Xbox but now I'm steam
13891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Austin, TX
Offline
Posted 3/17/14

saunderscowie wrote:

I have been an xbox only gamer since say 2004, I played Wii and PC a little but Xbox and then Xbox 360 have been my only consoles the whole time. I would say I was 95% xbox, 5% other consoles.. Towards the end of the Xbox / PS3 gen I started looking into the Playstation more and all the games I missed out on. With the announcement on the Xbox one and PS4 I started looking more at Sony than Xbox.. especially the fact the PS4 was cheaper, faster and PS+ is killer. With Xbox one first announcing all the lame things, then doing a 180 I didn't feel I could trust them.

So in like November I borrowed my Uncles PS3 to play games i've missed such as Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Ni No Kuni and play with PS+ and it was awesome. Then to my total surprise that same Uncle got me a PS4 for Christmas, total surprise!

With both the PS3 and 4 I rarely played my Xbox 360 anymore, in fact I have sold 90% of my stuff for it. So with me spending on my time loving the PS3 and 4 I finally got to play an Xbox one last week. I played Dead Rising 3 and Zoo Tycoon got to play play around with the UI and I really wasn't impressed. It seemed sluggish and slow compared to the super fast PS4. You have to go through menus and menus to find stuff on the Xbox One and the UI isn't attractive. I wasn't that impressed with the games either visually.

All in all I feel 100% happy with the choice to switch from xbox to sony for this new generation. I may get an xbox one in a few years time maybe so I can play Halo or whatever but for now the PS4 is king, and its selling like hot cakes!


Pretty much the same man. I used to play PS2 but as soon as I got my hands on Halo I switched over, but I've been playing my PS3, Vita, and PS4 like non-stop. Loving it. I don't look down to people who play Xbox One or anything like that. I'm sure in the future I'll have one for games I can't play on my PS4. But I think Sony has been doing everything right in my books.
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 3/17/14 , edited 3/17/14
Xbox I just can't see myself playing a console with no Halo or Gears. Also the exclusives looked much better than the PS4's. I will get a PS4 for JRPGs but until then Xbox for me. Remember a true gamer does not cause wars, we prevent them. Don't be a fanboy, buy both consoles for the games not specs!
3540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 3/17/14
Ps4, I hope that Persona 5 would be available for the ps4 in the future
21083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / New Orleans
Online
Posted 3/18/14
Well I have an Xbox One and love it but I plan to get a PS4 sometime this year. I got the One 1st because of the games. I wanted Battlefield 4 but I hate DualShock controllers for FPS. I have large hands and my thumbs would touch constantly when playing FPS on PS3. Also Killer Instinct and at the time Titanfall being a couple of months from release sealed it for me. PS4 has the power behind it definitely but it has no exclusives currently or coming in the near future that make me wanna rush out and buy one.
Posted 3/18/14

krYmSiiN wrote:


saunderscowie wrote:

I have been an xbox only gamer since say 2004, I played Wii and PC a little but Xbox and then Xbox 360 have been my only consoles the whole time. I would say I was 95% xbox, 5% other consoles.. Towards the end of the Xbox / PS3 gen I started looking into the Playstation more and all the games I missed out on. With the announcement on the Xbox one and PS4 I started looking more at Sony than Xbox.. especially the fact the PS4 was cheaper, faster and PS+ is killer. With Xbox one first announcing all the lame things, then doing a 180 I didn't feel I could trust them.

So in like November I borrowed my Uncles PS3 to play games i've missed such as Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Ni No Kuni and play with PS+ and it was awesome. Then to my total surprise that same Uncle got me a PS4 for Christmas, total surprise!

With both the PS3 and 4 I rarely played my Xbox 360 anymore, in fact I have sold 90% of my stuff for it. So with me spending on my time loving the PS3 and 4 I finally got to play an Xbox one last week. I played Dead Rising 3 and Zoo Tycoon got to play play around with the UI and I really wasn't impressed. It seemed sluggish and slow compared to the super fast PS4. You have to go through menus and menus to find stuff on the Xbox One and the UI isn't attractive. I wasn't that impressed with the games either visually.

All in all I feel 100% happy with the choice to switch from xbox to sony for this new generation. I may get an xbox one in a few years time maybe so I can play Halo or whatever but for now the PS4 is king, and its selling like hot cakes!


Pretty much the same man. I used to play PS2 but as soon as I got my hands on Halo I switched over, but I've been playing my PS3, Vita, and PS4 like non-stop. Loving it. I don't look down to people who play Xbox One or anything like that. I'm sure in the future I'll have one for games I can't play on my PS4. But I think Sony has been doing everything right in my books.


Yeah i'm the same, as a PS2 gamer until I tried Halo .. then it all changed for me. But I wish both Sony, Microsoft even Nintendo everyone success. It's pointless to be so narrow-minded towards companies it just hurts the industry. Just play anything and everything across any platform if you enjoy it. Thats what i've learned the most since only supporting XBox last gen since opening upto Sony.

Like you say, Eventually I may get an xbox one because there will be certain exclusives i'll want to play, but for now PS4 has games I want more (both exclusive and multi-platform). But for now Sony have impressed me the most and I am happy they are doing so well at the moment
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.