First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
How do you try to forget spoilers?
9115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
Let me know if anyone feels the same...

I watch a ton of movies, shows, anime, cartoons, and such.... And when i mean a ton.. I mean a ton... I'm the guy in the office who seems to have seen every movie made.. Im the goto guy for movie recommendations and come friday afternoon im the goto guy for an average joe's opinion of the latest movie released that weekend cause even though i came to work at 5am i was at the midnight showing last night..

So that being said i am rarely surprised by the outcome of a movie or show. It usually always ends the same way. Very few times do i find myself surprised by the ending of a movie.. To be honest i only watch these things to enjoy the cinematic adventure. I already have a list of possible ending i just want to see what kind of action.. what kind of drama.. what kinda special effects.. comedy.. camera angles... music.. etc... that will play a factor into getting me from opening scene to the climax and credits.. Thats what im there for..

Its gotten to the point that sometimes i will look up a movie on wiki or something.. Read the entire plot of a movie.. And then determine if it will be of any interest before going to see it.. Im walking to the theater with no surprise to be had.. Im just interested in the cinematics ( i hope thats the right word to use here)..

So no i dont get put off by spoilers..
18178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
U.S.
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

Litlprince wrote:

Let me know if anyone feels the same...

I watch a ton of movies, shows, anime, cartoons, and such.... And when i mean a ton.. I mean a ton... I'm the guy in the office who seems to have seen every movie made.. Im the goto guy for movie recommendations and come friday afternoon im the goto guy for an average joe's opinion of the latest movie released that weekend cause even though i came to work at 5am i was at the midnight showing last night..

So that being said i am rarely surprised by the outcome of a movie or show. It usually always ends the same way. Very few times do i find myself surprised by the ending of a movie.. To be honest i only watch these things to enjoy the cinematic adventure. I already have a list of possible ending i just want to see what kind of action.. what kind of drama.. what kinda special effects.. comedy.. camera angles... music.. etc... that will play a factor into getting me from opening scene to the climax and credits.. Thats what im there for..

Its gotten to the point that sometimes i will look up a movie on wiki or something.. Read the entire plot of a movie.. And then determine if it will be of any interest before going to see it.. Im walking to the theater with no surprise to be had.. Im just interested in the cinematics ( i hope thats the right word to use here)..

So no i dont get put off by spoilers..


Feels the same. Not to mention, I try to integrate the movie plot to real life.

Like The Oscar Awards = The Hunger Games.
2867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Texas
Online
Posted 3/11/14
When a show is spoiled for me, I kind of forget it, as well its more of, i want to see how they get to that point and how the point is visually shown.
23471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
well I have CCRS (Chronic Can't Remember Shit) so I will probably forget the next day....
Posted 3/12/14 , edited 3/12/14
If you keep thinking about it you won't forget, EVER.
I just saw tons of spoilers for HxH, I WANT TO FORGET IT!.
7155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/14


I feel the same way. I don't really watch movies, but I have watched obscene amounts of anime, cartoons, and live action series. One of my personal quirks is that I refuse to watch a romance show if it ends poorly, this means that I will go out of my way to read every single episode description that I can find about a show that I am interested in before watching it. I currently am abstaining from watching Golden-Time because I don't know how it will end yet.

That being said, I am rarely surprised at an anime's ending even when I don't know how it will proceed, especially when the ultimate form of spoiler is contained in the intro themes of the anime itself. This is especaily true of most romance animes. You can tell how it will end based on who is in close proximity to each other in the last scene of the opening.

I have also scene every single episode of Star Trek material out there, ENT, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and regrettably TAS. That is a great Compendium of almost all the plots it is possible to find in a show, regardless of medium.

I also agree with the last part of Litlprince's post. I am not so much interested in what happens in a story, as I am interested in how it is executed, and that is something that no episode summary can express.
7155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/14

longdanzi103 wrote:

well I have CCRS (Chronic Can't Remember Shit) so I will probably forget the next day....


That should be an official disorder XD
32209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Shinhwa High
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
Oh? There's a way to forget spoilers? I like to know what i'm walking into, so i'll find a spoiler on my own on accident just trying to understand what i'm going into. There are only a few animes I refuse to do this with...
23471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 3/12/14

Atheyon wrote:


longdanzi103 wrote:

well I have CCRS (Chronic Can't Remember Shit) so I will probably forget the next day....


That should be an official disorder XD


my entire family has it, some worst than others, I have it kinda bad but my dad.... oh god
22247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
Bad memory for stuff I don't care about... well that explains my grades in school
Posted 3/12/14
Actually spoilers don't bother me. I even try to read ahead..like with Naruto. It seems I enjoy the spoiled episodes even more. Sometimes when I read spoilers and then see the actual episode..it has nothing in common. It amazes me as to what some think are spoilers..it seems that just talking about an anime in general terms can be a spoiler for some people.
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 3/12/14

Skreig wrote:


*shrug*


yes this is good
45190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Home
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
This is sort of how I feel about spoilers. And even if it's something that I would care about, I almost never believe the spoilers I hear or read. So it works out pretty well.
47329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
Watch it when it airs or avoid sites where there's a huge amount of spoilers.
Posted 3/12/14
Just shrug it off.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.