First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Watch Kare Kano
13052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / England
Online
Posted 3/10/14 , edited 3/10/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


WRoksana wrote:

*cough* NANA *cough*


You know, I love NANA (the manga, never watched the anime) but for me...I would not put it in romance mangas though there is romance. For me, NANA was much more a slice of life focusing on the struggles and problems of life, and the friendship between two girls. If anything is an excellent romance manga, its the other manga by the author of NANA - Paradise Kiss. Now that is a realistic and raw manga about first love and all its problems. I actually love it even more than NANA.

You know, NANA reminds me of my other favorite, Fruits Basket in the sense that while both have romance - they really, truly focus more on friendships, personal struggles, healing, moving on...I wouldn't consider either to be real "romance" series.


I love Ai Yazawa's work & I agree with you on Paradise Kiss, I love the manga.

I reccomend you watch the anime of NANA since you haven't already, I love it. It's done really well, great soundtrack, a good dub which is rare in my opinion, etc. I think whilst NANA is more of a Drama or Slice of Life as you said, I'd still consider NANA a romance with the story of Nana x Ren & Hachi x Nobuo

I haven't seen Fruits Basket, is it good?
Posted 3/10/14 , edited 3/10/14


Fruits Basket is a classic.

Both the anime and manga are very enjoyable, but the manga is the true story, much darker, much more in-depth, and serious. Fruits Basket the anime is much more comedic, and leaves the story hanging without an ending while changing a MAJOR secret of the story that you'll only find out in the manga. The manga completes the story from start to finish, and its a moving, great story with many different sides and points of view.

I'll recommend both, but the manga is the basis and the true story. It has 23 volumes, and the anime has 26 episodes I think....Been a while since I've watched it.
39814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/14

SoldierSangria wrote:



Fruits Basket is a classic.

Both the anime and manga are very enjoyable, but the manga is the true story, much darker, much more in-depth, and serious. Fruits Basket the anime is much more comedic, and leaves the story hanging without an ending while changing a MAJOR secret of the story that you'll only find out in the manga. The manga completes the story from start to finish, and its a moving, great story with many different sides and points of view.

I'll recommend both, but the manga is the basis and the true story. It has 23 volumes, and the anime has 26 episodes I think....Been a while since I've watched it.


Mangaupdate is your friend. http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3
Posted 3/10/14

Legendzerox wrote:


SoldierSangria wrote:



Fruits Basket is a classic.

Both the anime and manga are very enjoyable, but the manga is the true story, much darker, much more in-depth, and serious. Fruits Basket the anime is much more comedic, and leaves the story hanging without an ending while changing a MAJOR secret of the story that you'll only find out in the manga. The manga completes the story from start to finish, and its a moving, great story with many different sides and points of view.

I'll recommend both, but the manga is the basis and the true story. It has 23 volumes, and the anime has 26 episodes I think....Been a while since I've watched it.


Mangaupdate is your friend. http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3


I own the manga
kyogaa 
32840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
Kare Kano was well done and one of my favorite romance anime: Funny, classic plot, loveable characters, excellent soundtrack, and it's got that 90s shoujo art style I miss so much. But its abrupt end alone —obviously due to budget constraints— keeps it from being anywhere near the top. The opening synopsis got longer and longer as the series went on despite an entire recap episode, and the animation took a huge hit near the end (Though artistically done the colorless slides were frequent by the last episode). I would also have to put Kimi Ni Todoke alongside Honey and Clover ahead of it for sure, not to mention Toradora!.

The manga finishes the story off nicely for those that have the urge to find out what happens next IMO, although it does get a little into that funk long-running manga get into. You know, where the story writer has too much time to think about the series and starts going off the deep end (e.g. Usagi Drop)...
39814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/14

SoldierSangria wrote:


Legendzerox wrote:


SoldierSangria wrote:



Fruits Basket is a classic.

Both the anime and manga are very enjoyable, but the manga is the true story, much darker, much more in-depth, and serious. Fruits Basket the anime is much more comedic, and leaves the story hanging without an ending while changing a MAJOR secret of the story that you'll only find out in the manga. The manga completes the story from start to finish, and its a moving, great story with many different sides and points of view.

I'll recommend both, but the manga is the basis and the true story. It has 23 volumes, and the anime has 26 episodes I think....Been a while since I've watched it.


Mangaupdate is your friend. http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3


I own the manga :P


That works.
39814 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/14 , edited 3/10/14
My only problem with Kare Kano anime, is that the original director quit halfway through and the new director had an argument with the manga creator and the last 6 episodes were pretty bad. Other than that, my favorite part on the anime is when
56905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
I have the DVD box of this series (the old, pink, reinforced one that feels like it can stop bullets), and it is still fun. I have bits and pieces of the manga, but, y'know, Tokyopop. *shakes head*
Sogno- 
45646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
i suggest reading the manga instead... it IS good, but the anime unfortunately did not go very far. i like it better than toradora (but i don't like tsunderes so). Clannad i can't say, i don't watch tragedies. ^^
54216 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / CT
Offline
Posted 5/20/14
I reeeeeeeeeeally want to see His and Her's anime completed.....
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.