First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What Happened to Crunchyroll
1182 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Mars (to eat more...
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
Over the Years CR has undergone many changes, went through numerous interfaces, and has become something way different than it was when i started on this site a little over 6 years ago. The interface has become nodicablly less and less userfriendly, and the site has become more about the anime streaming than it is about the community that has been around for a long time. You have hundreds of dead accounts, but that begs the question, why did those accounts become inactive in the first place.

You dont see those people becoming inactive on places like facebook or twitter, so why are they now inactive on crunchyroll. The reason is simple, crunchyroll is incredibly inconvenient to use. Even simple things like finding a group to join, or finding people in the community is enough to scare people off. Earlier today a friend of mine made an account and had to ask me how to find my account, nothing is self explanatory and its overall design is archaic. My intention for this forum is to reach out to CR, and have them listen to the communities voice about whats happened to this site. Please help me with this by stating in this forum what you wish crunchyroll had when it comes to means with communicating and finding things within the CR community.
Posted 3/10/14
I wish people would try and get smarter as opposed to asking for everything to be dumbed down for them.

This applies CR and pretty much to everything, especially video games.

P.S. This should probably be under suggestions & feedback.
jiroft 
15655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/14 , edited 3/10/14
Wow , I agree with this , when I first started crunchyroll the site was very user friendly and simply to use but now its one big SDFDFSFEWDAD#K@#K@E)#K@E) and everything is jumbled up together.
14299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Seattle, WA, USA
Offline
Posted 3/10/14 , edited 3/10/14

demongurrl13 wrote:
I wish people would try and get smarter as opposed to asking for everything to be dumbed down for them.


57638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
Well, part of the community decay is the fact the site went legit. A good number of users were purged and turned away from crunchyroll.

To add to the decay, the rules have become stricter, features that perpetuates activity have been phased out, some mods decided to micromanage some aspects of the forums for the sake of the rules and tidyness, and a move to a more "family friendly" community have been implemented. This have turned off a bunch of people in the community. Groups and threads that were a power house back in the day are now basically dead.

For the most part, as I've observed, the changes made were not to nurture the community and actually hurting some aspects of facetime social marketing on crunchyroll.
14231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
The forums are a real mess of pointless off topic boredom.

What CR needs most is a GOOD messaging system not based on the forums, notifications on what you are watching (with privacy options), and ability to "Watch with friends": stream a show into a chat room and talk about it real time with others.
Posted 3/10/14 , edited 3/10/14
Crunchyroll weeded them out for a reason and now concentrating on what is important for the site.

At this time when most people have school etc... the complaints are more prevalent.
12977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 3/10/14

zendude wrote:

Well, part of the community decay is the fact the site went legit. A good number of users were purged and turned away from crunchyroll.

To add to the decay, the rules have become stricter, features that perpetuates activity have been phased out, some mods decided to micromanage some aspects of the forums for the sake of the rules and tidyness, and a move to a more "family friendly" community have been implemented. This have turned off a bunch of people in the community. Groups and threads that were a power house back in the day are now basically dead.

For the most part, as I've observed, the changes made were not to nurture the community and actually hurting some aspects of facetime social marketing on crunchyroll.


You took the words out my mouth.
49495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/10/14

johnoson wrote:

Over the Years CR has undergone many changes, went through numerous interfaces, and has become something way different than it was when i started on this site a little over 6 years ago. The interface has become nodicablly less and less userfriendly, and the site has become more about the anime streaming than it is about the community that has been around for a long time. You have hundreds of dead accounts, but that begs the question, why did those accounts become inactive in the first place.

You dont see those people becoming inactive on places like facebook or twitter, so why are they now inactive on crunchyroll. The reason is simple, crunchyroll is incredibly inconvenient to use. Even simple things like finding a group to join, or finding people in the community is enough to scare people off. Earlier today a friend of mine made an account and had to ask me how to find my account, nothing is self explanatory and its overall design is archaic. My intention for this forum is to reach out to CR, and have them listen to the communities voice about whats happened to this site. Please help me with this by stating in this forum what you wish crunchyroll had when it comes to means with communicating and finding things within the CR community.


They have a pretty standard profile system to me? I personally come here for the anime so I don't really have an issue with it becoming more about that. It started as an anime community but they changed when they first decided to go legal. If you are in it for the community try anime-planet.com. They are putting hulu and CR videos on their site and it is more of a community site.

CR is more of a source for legal anime streaming now. They are appealing to their majority audience. So they streamlined it around the anime streaming and that makes perfect sense to me. Things change in life and don't always stay the same thing we are comfortable with.
14177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
I completely agree, but I can see the topic being closed down and a mod will advise you to post on the "suggestions/feedback" forum. ._.

I really think this website can grow from a social aspect, but all the features they strip prevents that. If I recall there was an instant messaging system; why did that have to be removed?

Another thing is, why can't there just be a "trending" forum topics list where the most recent forum topics are posted. I hate how the most popular topics are always from the general, anime, or manga forums since they are always featured in the front page. What I'm essentially saying is that these recent forum topics that have recent posts should be shown on the front page.

I'm sure there's other things people can complaint with regards to.
24139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 3/10/14 , edited 3/10/14
All dead accounts I know of have quit using CR because they no longer have time in their lives for anime or are gone because the site went legit and have actual rules nowadays not because of the interface. Now I do agree compared to Facebook it's difficult to add a specific person but still by no means is it hard you can either use the search bar then click on "forum" to get recent posts by that user then get to their profile from there. Or you can just use the more direct method of putting this into the address bar http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/insertusername <change the "insertusername" to the person you are looking for.

CR is first and foremost an anime streaming site and as such SHOULD focus on that. The number of people joining CR per day far outweighs the number of people becoming inactive per day and that is why CR continues to grow and flourish which in turn means more anime per season.

The one complaint I really have with CR is their servers... During heavy traffic times for example the newest episode of "Golden Time" is just released, a huge number of people are watching it simultaneously and the video will stop several times to the point of frustration. This sort of thing shouldn't be happening. Especially considering people like myself and many others are paying for a premium service!
17173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
On their "about us" page, Crunchyroll identifies themselves as "the leading global video service for Japanese anime and Asian media." They don't mention anything about the community. They want to be the Netflix of anime

Their focus as a business is clearly on increasing content as more content = more profit.

What crunchyroll should do is innovate and try to create a social media website that includes streaming. (Combine Facebook, twitter, etc. with Netflix)
22340 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Covington, KY
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
Since the ruling that essentially killed net neutrality, streaming video here has become unreliable. I think ISPs are throttling this site. I have different ISPs at my home and office, and have had to nearly forget about 720 streams. Sometimes I even get stopping to buffer in 480 streams. Has anyone else had this problem?

In case anyone wanted to know, Cincinnati Bell Zoomtown is my home provider and Clear, now owned by Sprint, is what I use at my office.
21015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/10/14
Compared to other legal stream sites like Funimation's or TheAnimeNetwork, Crunchyroll is king. I am completely happy with the service I pay for.
38601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Online
Posted 3/10/14
Ok... I probably shouldn't really be commenting as I have only been on CR for a year... but... well i'm a member here so I can and will comment.


johnoson wrote:

Over the Years CR has undergone many changes, went through numerous interfaces, and has become something way different than it was when i started on this site a little over 6 years ago. The interface has become nodicablly less and less userfriendly, and the site has become more about the anime streaming than it is about the community that has been around for a long time. You have hundreds of dead accounts, but that begs the question, why did those accounts become inactive in the first place.

You dont see those people becoming inactive on places like facebook or twitter, so why are they now inactive on crunchyroll. The reason is simple, crunchyroll is incredibly inconvenient to use. Even simple things like finding a group to join, or finding people in the community is enough to scare people off. Earlier today a friend of mine made an account and had to ask me how to find my account, nothing is self explanatory and its overall design is archaic. My intention for this forum is to reach out to CR, and have them listen to the communities voice about whats happened to this site. Please help me with this by stating in this forum what you wish crunchyroll had when it comes to means with communicating and finding things within the CR community.


I think we are using different websites for Facebook and Twitter. There are hundred of thousands of dead, inactive, unused accounts of Facebook and Twitter. Hell there are people who simply make Facebook accounts JUST so they can play those damned Facebook games.

As far as the community stuff goes here, its fine I think. Its better than any other legitimate site I have gone to. The community is closer I think, helps each other, and generally there are less trolls it seems. Other communities could care less about your opinion, your likes, your dislikes, or your random threads that you feel like starting up that pop up daily in the Anime and General Discussions here.

But I also wasn't around when this wasn't a legitimate site. I don't know what it was like then, but I also don't care. I'm the type of person that likes seeing things move forward. Even if it means they have to go over rocky terrain before the smooth sailing.


demongurrl13 wrote:

I wish people would try and get smarter as opposed to asking for everything to be dumbed down for them.

This applies CR and pretty much to everything, especially video games.

P.S. This should probably be under suggestions & feedback.


Pretty much all of this.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.