First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Anyone from ages 18 to 29 knows how to handle bills, taxes, and insurance?
42443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/10/14
Let me know if a thread like this one exist.
Thanks a bunches.

Explain in great detail.

My Turn:

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to that point since I have no job. Sad, isn't it?
Posted 3/11/14
I learned how to handle taxes, bills, and insurance the minute I turned 18. Been working since I was 16. Learn it now, instead of later.
Posted 3/11/14
I seriously don't know how taxation works; I've learnt about it in maths in high school; but I've never paid any attention to maths in school >_>;;;

I don't really care about it. I'm not the type of person who complains about tax anyway. It's a big headache, anything involving money is boring for me.
42443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/11/14

GayAsianBoy wrote:

I seriously don't know how taxation works; I've learnt about it in maths in high school; but I've never paid any attention to maths in school >_>;;;

I don't really care about it. I'm not the type of person who complains about tax anyway. It's a big headache, anything involving money is boring for me.



Oh my gosh! I'm like that too only I care about money to some extent.
2063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / West Virginia
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
Somewhat. I pay my bills and rent. I don't know how to do my taxes but I take them to a tax place to get them done. I don't have insurance
24583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/11/14
I don't know how taxes work because my accountant takes care of that but I've been paying insurance since I was 16. The insurance company set up this payment thing with a void check that I sent them so they just take the payments out of my account, the only thing I have to worry about is having money in there, the rest is automatic. I never really used to get any bills until I started using a visa at around 18-19 but that one is easy too, you just buy a bunch of stuff and then you get your visa bill at the end of the month and I pay it by going to my bank and I says to them "Hi, I'd like to pay this bill please" and I usually pay it with cash I made on the side or whatever but you can pay it with the money from your account too. I actually don't understand a lot of it but then again that's why I swing a hammer for a living.
42443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/11/14

Sweet-Revelation wrote:

I don't know how taxes work because my accountant takes care of that but I've been paying insurance since I was 16. The insurance company set up this payment thing with a void check that I sent them so they just take the payments out of my account, the only thing I have to worry about is having money in there, the rest is automatic. I never really used to get any bills until I started using a visa at around 18-19 but that one is easy too, you just buy a bunch of stuff and then you get your visa bill at the end of the month and I pay it by going to my bank and I says to them "Hi, I'd like to pay this bill please" and I usually pay it with cash I made on the side or whatever but you can pay it with the money from your account too. I actually don't understand a lot of it but then again that's why I swing a hammer for a living.


Have you ever filled out a W-2 form?
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
Ehh... I can pay bills fine. I understand how insurance works. I've never really dealt with taxes myself, so it's still rather mystifying to me.
24583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/11/14

qualeshia3 wrote:
Have you ever filled out a W-2 form?



That must be an American thing because I've never heard of it.
3259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fenix, AZ
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
Done all of that since I was 18, I've never had anyone really help me with it. It isn't like it's difficult to do. I have most of my bills/insurance set to auto-bill though since I dislike having to spend time filling out the same information every month. And taxes are easy for me since I don't own anything or have savings bonds etc.
42443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/11/14

Sweet-Revelation wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:
Have you ever filled out a W-2 form?



That must be an American thing because I've never heard of it.



Google it to see.
24583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

qualeshia3 wrote:


Google it to see.


Oh I think that's like what we call a T4, that comes in the mail from somewhere and then I take that to my accountant when it's tax time and she does whatever with it... I'm not sure if it comes all filled out already or maybe she fills something out... but like I said, I just get up in the morning and go to work, that's all I know, I swear
42443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 3/11/14

Sweet-Revelation wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


Google it to see.


Oh I think that's like what we call a T4, that comes in the mail from somewhere and then I take that to my accountant when it's tax time and she does whatever with it... I'm not sure if it comes all filled out already or maybe she fills something out... but like I said, I just get up in the morning and go to work, that's all I know, I swear



Okay.
24519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Waco
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
i did it and still i hate paying bills. i think the worst is paying you own property taxes. i forget to save up every year for them.
5785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Under your blankets
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
I know how to pay bills since my mother's eyesight is to the point where she might make a mistake on them. My dad put me in charge to pay it now, so it's been like that since 2011.

Taxes and insurance, I don't have much insight on them, so don't count me in for them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.