First  Prev  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next  Last
Post Reply Mekaku City Actors
28575 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
They left out the most impactful punch line at the end from the music video that started this...

May perhaps be a spoiler within for sometime in the future, maybe not. Watch at your own discretion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7KNYk4f3XQ
7456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/14

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Episode 4

This episode was very strange. The first half was extremely boring and I just hated that Hiyori girl. The second was more interesting with the time paradox, but I still had no idea what the hell was going on.

This anime seems to be more style over substance and it just isn't peeking my interest. I thought last week's episode was great, but this week it just went back down the same track as the first two episodes.

I'll keep watching for sure, but I'm finding it too strange and too boring at times.


I felt the same way. Honestly, why can't they tell the story like normal people. The show is really confusing the heck out of me and not in a good way either.
One Punch Mod
47853 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/3/14

asharka wrote:

They left out the most impactful punch line at the end from the music video that started this...

May perhaps be a spoiler within for sometime in the future, maybe not. Watch at your own discretion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7KNYk4f3XQ


That's fascinating! Thank you (I'm completely unfamiliar with any of this source material, but I loved that--and you are right; quite an impact)
25330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
Hmm, Okabe VA introduced in an episode with a time loop, nice planning! lol
5851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/3/14
Am I the only one who isn't thrown off by the Shafting? I was able to understand the episode quite well despite having not read the manga at all.

Thought it was a pretty good episode overall and it builds up for the next episode pretty well.
3840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
I don't think that was what I wanted; the deaths could've been more gruesome, for one. That was one of the things that really hit me in the song video.

First half of the episode was boring and some parts felt really filled out. Second half had things happen but it was a horror to look at. I'm sick of your shenanigans, Shinbo.

Ah well. Can't win them all.
20953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Tokyo, Japan
Online
Posted 5/3/14 , edited 5/3/14

phong128992 wrote:


LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Episode 4

This episode was very strange. The first half was extremely boring and I just hated that Hiyori girl. The second was more interesting with the time paradox, but I still had no idea what the hell was going on.

This anime seems to be more style over substance and it just isn't peeking my interest. I thought last week's episode was great, but this week it just went back down the same track as the first two episodes.

I'll keep watching for sure, but I'm finding it too strange and too boring at times.


I felt the same way. Honestly, why can't they tell the story like normal people. The show is really confusing the heck out of me and not in a good way either.



Thats sorta the point of KagePro. Its not really a Linear story, because its based on a series of songs. just a little background for anyone who has no clue what they are getting into here, KagePro (aka Kagerou Project) was written by a Japanese guy named Jin in which each song wasn't seemingly connected based on characters or even plot. However, the more you listened to and learned about KagePro the more you realized it was all connected. Eventually, the series went into Light novels and Manga but yeah the essence of KagePro starts with these songs and the offical videos that went along with them. That's basically what you are watching, Shaft's interpretation of this source material. So yeah of course it wont be linear. Thats what makes it so interesting in my opinion.

Btw, the end line, "screw you cat" while amusing wasn't actually what was said. He said "Zama miro yo" which basically translates to "serves you right" or "see what happens". I thought it was interesting that the translator for CR decided to change the line.

Also i get the feeling that shaft intends to have the story jump around like so: Plot A (aka main plot) and (Plot x aka any of the side/character plots), Plot A, Plot X, Plot A, Plot X repeat until plot X becomes more connected to plot A.
13320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
can someone tell me why he got stuck in a time paradox
38591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 5/3/14 , edited 5/3/14

abeltensro wrote:

Thats sorta the point of KagePro. Its not really a Linear story, because its based on a series of songs. just a little background for anyone who has no clue what they are getting into here, KagePro (aka Kagerou Project) was written by a Japanese guy named Jin in which each song wasn't seemingly connected based on characters or even plot. However, the more you listened to and learned about KagePro the more you realized it was all connected. Eventually, the series went into Light novels and Manga but yeah the essence of KagePro starts with these songs and the offical videos that went along with them. That's basically what you are watching, Shaft's interpretation of this source material. So yeah of course it wont be linear. Thats what makes it so interesting in my opinion.

So it's mostly fanservice for people who already know what's going on? Because the anime alone hasn't been very rewarding so far, just needlessly dense. I kind of like the concept of puzzle narratives, but I need to want the story first.

Here I don't see a point in putting in the effort, especially when the anime is hiding pieces and then showing me how the ones I have fit together before I have them all. So I'm not even doing the puzzle, I'm watching the anime solve it.

/grumble

Edit: Bah, I'm just being grumpy now. Sorry. I should stop doing that. It's just not working for me.

Anyway, the dream sequence was pretty neat. Spoiler from the song:


adrianfraile95 wrote:

can someone tell me why he got stuck in a time paradox

I assumed it was a dream.


AnimeKami wrote:

one of those to watch in one go.

This... is a good idea, I think. Might postpone it alongside Mushishi this season.
79287 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
one of those to watch in one go.
19038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
This was a good episode
Kagerou daze is one of my favorite songs in the series anyway so yeah. i loved seeing Konoha! i'm still not completely sold on shaft's overal style, but i think they did a very good job of capturing the original music video. Looks like next week will be the first not to follow the pattern of useing a song title as the episode title so i have no idea what it'll be about. I would have thought it might have been "Konoha's State of the World" but i dunno. I'm looking forward to seeing the episodes that cover "Headphone Actor" and "Yuukei Yesterday". The series is picking up
By the way does anyone know how many episodes this show will have? I'm guessing 12 or 13.
50523 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/3/14

chocobogirl92 wrote:
...
By the way does anyone know how many episodes this show will have? I'm guessing 12 or 13.
Just 12 episodes...
47867 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Online
Posted 5/3/14

adrianfraile95 wrote:

can someone tell me why he got stuck in a time paradox


I was thinking he had precognition powers through dreaming and he was going through every possibility to save her before he woke up...I don't man. I'm only watching the anime, I haven't looked at the source material behind this with its music videos and whatnot.
19567 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
I don't understand why some of you feel butthurt that this series isn't holding your hand and spoon feeding you. I have not read the manga or listened to these songs and I find it very interesting.
6582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/14
That was quite an interesting episode this week. For now it's tough to piece things together, but hey, remember how the majority of us were confused by the first episode, then the next two episodes to pieced things together for us? Eager for next week, but might re-watch this later on before that.
First  Prev  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.