Post Reply Episode Stop then Skip to next
6009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/14
So I pay for an account and it's rather annoying to fight with the browser to fix an episode.

Currently I am watching Hunter X Hunter and all over the place in almost every single episode. Regardless of using IE/Firefox/Chrome browsers the episode will stop at random places then proceed to do the 5 second "skip to next episode".

Then I discovered this also happens on my PS4.

From my understanding this is either a flash issue or a corrupt file. If the show is rolled back to the same spot that it skipped it is guaranteed to skip again. This means I am constantly having to skip around the episode to find the perfect place to miss content and continue watching the rest of the show.

This has happened on other shows as well. I feel it would be in your best interest to increase the ticker time for "skip to next episode" from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. At least give the person enough time to get out of full screen and try and stop the process before it changes to the next episode.

If there are any updates on this issue and if it's being worked on or some kind of open ticket. It would be nice to follow the report.

I can download these shows. I choose to get them this way because I would rather pay for good services than steal media from people who create my entertainment but downloading them would mean I could just watch all the episodes without all this hassle.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

Tyremis wrote:

So I pay for an account and it's rather annoying to fight with the browser to fix an episode.

Currently I am watching Hunter X Hunter and all over the place in almost every single episode. Regardless of using IE/Firefox/Chrome browsers the episode will stop at random places then proceed to do the 5 second "skip to next episode".

Then I discovered this also happens on my PS4.

From my understanding this is either a flash issue or a corrupt file. If the show is rolled back to the same spot that it skipped it is guaranteed to skip again. This means I am constantly having to skip around the episode to find the perfect place to miss content and continue watching the rest of the show.

This has happened on other shows as well. I feel it would be in your best interest to increase the ticker time for "skip to next episode" from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. At least give the person enough time to get out of full screen and try and stop the process before it changes to the next episode.

If there are any updates on this issue and if it's being worked on or some kind of open ticket. It would be nice to follow the report.

I can download these shows. I choose to get them this way because I would rather pay for good services than steal media from people who create my entertainment but downloading them would mean I could just watch all the episodes without all this hassle.


I think it would be in their best interest to just fix these issues..
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/11/14

Tyremis wrote:




Yep, this has been happening to a few people. From what we understand, there is a "fix in the works" that should be released this Spring (Q1/Q2). I've had it happen to me a couple times while viewing from my PC. Each time I returned to the previous episode and started again. Not sure if there has been a work around posted yet. There are quite a few threads on the issue. Might be a temp solution in one of the other threads.

Hasn't happened to me while viewing through the CR iPad App. Just the PC at the moment.
6009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/11/14

Lemontitties wrote:

I think it would be in their best interest to just fix these issues..


I am a developer, professionally. These things take time and I do understand that. I was not having this issue a couple months ago so I would reason it has something to do with a recent upgrade to flash or their servers. I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt for a while but there will come a cutting point where I cant really justify paying for a service that doesn't work.


Hairbelly wrote:

Yep, this has been happening to a few people. From what we understand, there is a "fix in the works" that should be released this Spring (Q1/Q2). I've had it happen to me a couple times while viewing from my PC. Each time I returned to the previous episode and started again. Not sure if there has been a work around posted yet. There are quite a few threads on the issue. Might be a temp solution in one of the other threads.

Hasn't happened to me while viewing through the CR iPad App. Just the PC at the moment.


From what I have seen there is not way to work around it. It's good news though if they are working on it. Thanks for the updates.

If either of you find out more, post it here. Thanks.
The Wise Wizard
99917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

Tyremis wrote:

This has happened on other shows as well. I feel it would be in your best interest to increase the ticker time for "skip to next episode" from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. At least give the person enough time to get out of full screen and try and stop the process before it changes to the next episode.

A better alternative is to simply turn off auto-play.

Since you view in full screen, you are going to have to click once to re-enable that for the next video, so adding another click to manually select the next video should be a better alternative to scrambling to stop it from moving on prematurely.

If a video keeps aborting at the exact same location, that is normally an encoding error and needs to be reported so a new encode can be pushed out. It helps to be as specific as possible (i.e., series, episode number, resolution [as each is a different file], and as close as you can remember to the time code where it aborted).

If the stream aborts but the time varies, that is a network issue.

6009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

TheAncientOne wrote:
A better alternative is to simply turn off auto-play.


Made my day! Thanks.


TheAncientOne wrote:
If a video keeps aborting at the exact same location, that is normally an encoding error and needs to be reported so a new encode can be pushed out. It helps to be as specific as possible (i.e., series, episode number, resolution [as each is a different file], and as close as you can remember to the time code where it aborted).

If the stream aborts but the time varies, that is a network issue.



Well it would take up too much of my time to go back through the last season episodes of hunter x hunter and report each issue but it is the season having the most problems for me.

Started around episode 15 and has continued to about episode 50 now.

28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

Tyremis wrote:



Well it would take up too much of my time to go back through the last season episodes of hunter x hunter and report each issue but it is the season having the most problems for me.

Started around episode 15 and has continued to about episode 50 now.



If it has been happening that often, it's clearly a networking issue and not an encoding issue. Have you been watching it in 1080P? What resolution do you stream in?
29118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
83 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/11/14

TheAncientOne wrote:

A better alternative is to simply turn off auto-play.

Since you view in full screen, you are going to have to click once to re-enable that for the next video, so adding another click to manually select the next video should be a better alternative to scrambling to stop it from moving on prematurely.


Awesome. Thanks. I'll use that method as well.
6009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/11/14

Lemontitties wrote:

If it has been happening that often, it's clearly a networking issue and not an encoding issue. Have you been watching it in 1080P? What resolution do you stream in?


It happens in any mode and no it's not a networking issue. I originally thought it was hence the large amount files I went though, I was testing my network latency but only this website is having the issue. I also have a 100MBS connection so not being able to stream data onto one computer seems a little bit silly. Even at 1080p it barely scratches my bandwidth.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 3/11/14 , edited 3/11/14

Tyremis wrote:

It happens in any mode and no it's not a networking issue. I originally thought it was hence the large amount files I went though, I was testing my network latency but only this website is having the issue. I also have a 100MBS connection so not being able to stream data onto one computer seems a little bit silly. Even at 1080p it barely scratches my bandwidth.


I didn't say your network...^.^. If it happens in any mode and it doesn't always happen at that specific time slot, it's a networking issue...on CR's end. The difference between an encoding and a networking issue is very different. If a specific resolution will not get past a specific time slot, no mater what, it's an encoding issue and the staff need to re encode that file. But if it happens on random time slots and it happens on all resolutions, it's a networking problem and that's where the updates need to come in from CR's end.

I myself experience the same problems as you bro, don't sweat it lol.
You must be logged in to post.