First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Flappy Bird Might Return
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/12/14 , edited 3/12/14
369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/14 , edited 3/12/14
Oh well, its not like i am going to play it.
16267 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
I never understood the addiction and anger with that game. Frankly each time i played it and lost i kept on trying calmy a few more times then turned it off.
Interstellar Hunter
Skarz 
31155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Pelotas - Brasil
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
>implying he didn't do it for publicity

I think it was all premeditated, this guy just wanted his game to be famous, and he did it, he removed it from App Store for advertising, not because he really wanted to.
18329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / Jolly ol' Blighty
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
I'll admit I havn't read the articles but the fact that it's potentaly returning so soon?

Reeks of a publicity stunt.
16438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
I've never understood the buzz surrounding this game. Someone, please enlighten me. What's the story here?
16438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/12/14

Aokidanza wrote:

I've never understood the buzz surrounding this game. Someone, please enlighten me. What's the story here?


This app on your phone went viral. As it became viral, many people became aware of it and played it. Hoping, I'm assuming you know about it, seen it, or at least played it once. You have to tap the screen to make your bird fly through piped on the top & bottom of your screen. One little touch of a pipe, and it's game over. It's rare for someone to get at least 15+ taps in my opinion. It escalated to people trying to achieve a certain score or beating others. The game is menacingly hard, and it's a free app. It became to insane, that actual people became very angry, oddly ill, and there have been cases of deaths over this game.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 3/12/14

Kikusui10 wrote:



My opinion about the game is that it's overrated to hell since there's nothing original in the game and also a complete rippoff of other games.

http://o.canada.com/technology/gaming/flappy-bird-is-the-ultimate-mobile-game-ripoff/


Skarz wrote:




There were a few others that believed that he put the game down from app stores only as a publicity stunts (myself included). Here's a YouTube video from AlphaOmegaSin where his talking about the game when it was going to be taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fDa90xtSj8


gismode wrote:



Neither will I.


Aokidanza wrote:



The buzz around Flappy Bird is simple, there are those who hate the game and those who love (are obsessed) whit the game. Also, the so called hardcore gamers are bashing the game due to its simplicity and calling it not a real game. While the casual gamers are defending the game. Then we have the middle group who doesn't understand why there's so much buzz around Flappy bird.


Sorry for the long post, I didn't want to spam post due to it being agains the CR forum rules!
17394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Michigan
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
I've never played it nor will I ever but I have heard about it and you had to expect it to come back. Something like this doesn't just disappear.
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 3/12/14

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

The buzz around Flappy Bird is simple, there are those who hate the game and those who love (are obsessed) whit the game. Also, the so called hardcore gamers are bashing the game due to its simplicity and calling it not a real game. While the casual gamers are defending the game. Then we have the middle group who doesn't understand why there's so much buzz around Flappy bird.



tf2pyros wrote

This app on your phone went viral. As it became viral, many people became aware of it and played it. Hoping, I'm assuming you know about it, seen it, or at least played it once. You have to tap the screen to make your bird fly through piped on the top & bottom of your screen. One little touch of a pipe, and it's game over. It's rare for someone to get at least 15+ taps in my opinion. It escalated to people trying to achieve a certain score or beating others. The game is menacingly hard, and it's a free app. It became to insane, that actual people became very angry, oddly ill, and there have been cases of deaths over this game.


Please tell me that was a joke.

Seriously? That is the controversy? Some people just don't like a stupid little phone game? Why is this a story? Why does anyone care? Just... What the hell?
16438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 3/12/14

Aokidanza wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:

The buzz around Flappy Bird is simple, there are those who hate the game and those who love (are obsessed) whit the game. Also, the so called hardcore gamers are bashing the game due to its simplicity and calling it not a real game. While the casual gamers are defending the game. Then we have the middle group who doesn't understand why there's so much buzz around Flappy bird.



tf2pyros wrote

This app on your phone went viral. As it became viral, many people became aware of it and played it. Hoping, I'm assuming you know about it, seen it, or at least played it once. You have to tap the screen to make your bird fly through piped on the top & bottom of your screen. One little touch of a pipe, and it's game over. It's rare for someone to get at least 15+ taps in my opinion. It escalated to people trying to achieve a certain score or beating others. The game is menacingly hard, and it's a free app. It became to insane, that actual people became very angry, oddly ill, and there have been cases of deaths over this game.


Please tell me that was a joke.

Seriously? That is the controversy? Some people just don't like a stupid little phone game? Why is this a story? Why does anyone care? Just... What the hell?


It's not a joke. Article on a death is included in my link:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/537919/20140209/chicago-teen-kills-brother-over-flappy-bird.htm#.UyDBrfldWj8
9795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Alberta
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
And the earth keeps on spinning
5785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Under your blankets
Offline
Posted 3/12/14
It's not that big of a deal anymore. Being a browser of the Google Play store looking for new apps that look fun, you see so many clones of the game. Making it return will just add another "Flappy Bird Clone" into it, even if it is the original.

It's not like you couldn't get the .apk or .ipa files for it by doing a simple search for it. If someone still has those files, then Flappy Bird will never die.

It still doesn't make it a good or engaging game regardless~
50394 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 3/12/14




Ahahaha, very funny.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.