First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
Post Reply Coffin Princess Chaika Season 1 & 2 (Avenging Battle) Discussions
25099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 4/30/14

Sacae89 wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:


Sacae89 wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:


phong128992 wrote:

Mmm this episode got a little more interesting, but i'm not sure that I enjoy the incest and haremness that's going on. Also, I'm not sure if I missed something or not, but is the only reason he's helping Chaika get the remains is because she's giving him purpose as a saboteur?


Technically, it's not incest because as Toru said in this episode they aren't blood related and that they just grew up together.


I HATE when people use that excuse. I grew up with an adopted brother, its still grosses me out.


Ok. I'm not saying I would enjoy that and I have no idea why Akari calls him brother, but he doesn't ever call her sister. I shouldn't have even commented on that...


Sorry didnt mean to snap at you like that. lol Just a pet-peeve of mine. If you aren't related for real and like him like that then don't call him brother. Annoys me is all.

Sorry about that.


No worries, I was just caught off guard by that. I do find it annoying she calls him brother, but I find it less annoying than say the sister of Tatsuya in The Irregular at Magic High School.
7468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Oh yea you're right. It doesn't change the fact that it's a little bit weird though.
69738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/30/14 , edited 4/30/14


Nothing this season is more annoying than the sister in Magic High School. God I hate her lol
42888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / KS, USA
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
What? We don't love overbearingly loving sisters anymore?
25099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 4/30/14

phong128992 wrote:

Oh yea you're right. It doesn't change the fact that it's a little bit weird though.


I won't deny that. It definitely is weird.
52315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 4/30/14 , edited 4/30/14
Y'all need to accept the wincest.

...even though it technically isn't.
xxJing 
20242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Alderaan
Online
Posted 4/30/14
I am going to go out on a limb and say that Chaika is some kind of android. I don't know how they translate what she says because I tend to ignore the subtitles, but the way she talks in Japanese, or rather the words she uses and how she uses them sounds sort of like what you would expect of a stereotypical robot or something like that. I am going to call it right now and say this isn't just some cute thing they are doing to attract customers but actually relevant to her character.

Also I really find the parallels between this and Scrapped Princess funny. I try to forgive one thing, but then they just hit me with another thing and it makes me go "...really?" For example in Scrapped Princess the Brother and Sister were not only related, they were twins, and there was NO odd sexual tension. It's like the author took that and then turned it into a harem anime trope. Also the Brother from Scrapped Princess gets some Dragoon thing, but this time it turns into a little goth loli girl... It's hilarious because this guy is rehashing his own ideas just cranking up the otaku level about 10 notches.
25099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 4/30/14

Rito2Ru wrote:

Y'all need to accept the wincest.

...even though it technically isn't.


Looks like I need to google that term. I do love the little group Chaika, Toru, and Akari formed. They work well together and are hilarious.
25155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Shiranui
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

xxJing wrote:



Also I really find the parallels between this and Scrapped Princess funny. I try to forgive one thing, but then they just hit me with another thing and it makes me go "...really?" For example in Scrapped Princess the Brother and Sister were not only related, they were twins, and there was NO odd sexual tension. It's like the author took that and then turned it into a harem anime trope. Also the Brother from Scrapped Princess gets some Dragoon thing, but this time it turns into a little goth loli girl... It's hilarious because this guy is rehashing his own ideas just cranking up the otaku level about 10 notches.


LOL! I am currently on episode 15 of scrapped princess, but I agree. Its quite funny
90232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Wait. Wait. You mean to tell me that you started this anime and expected it to NOT be a harem?

That is just hysterical.
36309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14
Even Mushi-shi is a harem for god's sake.
28689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 4/30/14
I watched episode 4 and something concerns me.

36309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

Legendzerox wrote:
I watched episode 4 and something concerns me.

Magic. Probably.
52315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 4/30/14 , edited 4/30/14

shaunj07 wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

Y'all need to accept the wincest.

...even though it technically isn't.


Looks like I need to google that term. I do love the little group Chaika, Toru, and Akari formed. They work well together and are hilarious.


Now with 100% more Dragoon girl added to the mix


AnimeKami wrote:

Wait. Wait. You mean to tell me that you started this anime and expected it to NOT be a harem?

That is just hysterical.


I honestly got some Dragon Crisis and Sunday Without God vibes from the art visuals before this came out...so yeah.
I was conflicted on how this would turn out.
37988 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 4/30/14

xxJing wrote:

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Chaika is some kind of android. I don't know how they translate what she says because I tend to ignore the subtitles, but the way she talks in Japanese, or rather the words she uses and how she uses them sounds sort of like what you would expect of a stereotypical robot or something like that. I am going to call it right now and say this isn't just some cute thing they are doing to attract customers but actually relevant to her character.

Also I really find the parallels between this and Scrapped Princess funny. I try to forgive one thing, but then they just hit me with another thing and it makes me go "...really?" For example in Scrapped Princess the Brother and Sister were not only related, they were twins, and there was NO odd sexual tension. It's like the author took that and then turned it into a harem anime trope. Also the Brother from Scrapped Princess gets some Dragoon thing, but this time it turns into a little goth loli girl... It's hilarious because this guy is rehashing his own ideas just cranking up the otaku level about 10 notches.


well, at least there's no mechs yet! this show seriously makes me want to go back and watch Scrapped Princess so badly...
First  Prev  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.