First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Post Reply Coffin Princess Chaika Season 1 & 2 (Avenging Battle) Discussions
33358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 4/30/14

FLjerry2011 wrote:

Chaika speech reminds me of Yoda from Star Wars !

Random Pic of Chaika




First off, the pic is nice.

Second, I haven't heard her speech being compared to Yoda yet. I personally don't see the similarities.

Her speech reminds me of native american chief that just learned english.


Rito2Ru wrote:

Y'all need to accept the wincest.

...even though it technically isn't.


Well said.


xxJing wrote:

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Chaika is some kind of android. I don't know how they translate what she says because I tend to ignore the subtitles, but the way she talks in Japanese, or rather the words she uses and how she uses them sounds sort of like what you would expect of a stereotypical robot or something like that. I am going to call it right now and say this isn't just some cute thing they are doing to attract customers but actually relevant to her character.

Also I really find the parallels between this and Scrapped Princess funny. I try to forgive one thing, but then they just hit me with another thing and it makes me go "...really?" For example in Scrapped Princess the Brother and Sister were not only related, they were twins, and there was NO odd sexual tension. It's like the author took that and then turned it into a harem anime trope. Also the Brother from Scrapped Princess gets some Dragoon thing, but this time it turns into a little goth loli girl... It's hilarious because this guy is rehashing his own ideas just cranking up the otaku level about 10 notches.


Interesting theory, but I think you might be over thinking it.

I truly believe that she just doesn't know how to talk that well. And I can't speak japanese like you, but judging from the english subtitles it looks like she's talking like a native american chief that just learned english.

And my guess is that she just got revived by that god in the beginning and the god just connected her body back together.
27035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / East Coast
Offline
Posted 4/30/14


Another reason for her speech! Her vocal chords are damaged from whatever happened to her(scar around neck)
28890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

FLjerry2011 wrote:
Another reason for her speech! Her vocal chords are damaged from whatever happened to her(scar around neck)

She doesn't sound raspy or anything. It would be more believable if her brain (while detached from her body) lost brain cells from lack of oxygen. When it was reattached, not all the brain cells could be saved.

That or her education. You think a Demon King is going to spring for the best education for his offspring?
33358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Colorado
Online
Posted 4/30/14

FLjerry2011 wrote:



Another reason for her speech! Her vocal chords are damaged from whatever happened to her(scar around neck)


That actually would make sense. Getting your head chopped off and then getting it reconnected would definitely impair your speech.

Good thinking.
19004 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Alderaan
Online
Posted 4/30/14

bathroom64 wrote:


FLjerry2011 wrote:
Another reason for her speech! Her vocal chords are damaged from whatever happened to her(scar around neck)

She doesn't sound raspy or anything. It would be more believable if her brain (while detached from her body) lost brain cells from lack of oxygen. When it was reattached, not all the brain cells could be saved.

That or her education. You think a Demon King is going to spring for the best education for his offspring?


Here are a few examples, I translated them as they literally sound in Japanese. I also put the Crunchyroll translation.

一人 留守番 不可
CR: Stay Alone, can't!
ME: Alone Remain Impossible

猫 警戒無し
CR: Cat, Not scared.
ME: Cat, No Alarm

ドミニカ 良い人 戦闘否定
CR: Dominica, good person. No fight.
ME: Dominica, good person. Battle Refuse.

トオルとアカリ 禁断の恋 私 情報無し
CR: Tooru and Akari, Forbidden Love, didn't know.
ME: Tooru and Akari, Forbidden Love, I, No Information.

The problem is unlike CR translates it, despite her broken language, Chaika actually uses some semi complicated big words. These are not words that like 5 year old's would be using. They are words usually reserved for formal or technical speech.
19573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 4/30/14



More like some kind of brain damage.
28890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/14 , edited 4/30/14
^ Yea ok, then the brain damage part of my theory sounds more plausible.

(Except when you think about it, that could still be attributed to education and not having learned grammar correctly.) >_>
15935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

xxJing wrote:

Here are a few examples, I translated them as they literally sound in Japanese. I also put the Crunchyroll translation.

一人 留守番 不可
CR: Stay Alone, can't!
ME: Alone Remain Impossible

猫 警戒無し
CR: Cat, Not scared.
ME: Cat, No Alarm

ドミニカ 良い人 戦闘否定
CR: Dominica, good person. No fight.
ME: Dominica, good person. Battle Refuse.

トオルとアカリ 禁断の恋 私 情報無し
CR: Tooru and Akari, Forbidden Love, didn't know.
ME: Tooru and Akari, Forbidden Love, I, No Information.

The problem is unlike CR translates it, despite her broken language, Chaika actually uses some semi complicated big words. These are not words that like 5 year old's would be using. They are words usually reserved for formal or technical speech.


This is something I noticed as well (although I can't speak Japanese as well as you can. ).

For a character to speak in broken sentences like her, it would be an interesting plot point to learn why exactly she is speaking that way. But could her vocabulary be the result of her upbringing as the Emperor's daughter?
19573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 4/30/14

bathroom64 wrote:

^ Yea ok, then the brain damage part of my theory sounds more plausible.

(Except when you think about it, that could still be attributed to education and not having learned grammar correctly.) >_>



Maybe?
15663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Online
Posted 4/30/14
She's a dragoon, beautiful woman, lovable loli, AND a cat? Dear lord I've died and gone to heaven.
17359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Osaka, Jp.
Offline
Posted 5/1/14 , edited 5/1/14

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:

She's a dragoon, beautiful woman, lovable loli, AND a cat? Dear lord I've died and gone to heaven.


Ugh. I don't like being a downer but the resolution of this episode was just terrible imo. The dragoon in its true form got defeated in like 5 boring seconds, tells us its sad little story, turns itself into a random loli and tags along with them out of what seems like sheer boredom, just like the main two siblings...hmm, okay.

Edit: *Reads through last several pages, realizes he is totally alone in this opinion*

Scratch that, I didn't say anything bad about this magnificent episode. Huzzah for harem loli dragon with a side of wincest & mammaries.

Imhotep....Imhotep....
Koda89 
17603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 5/1/14

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:

She's a dragoon, beautiful woman, lovable loli, AND a cat? Dear lord I've died and gone to heaven.


She's a one person harem. Hell she can be anyone Toru wants her to be.
17037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/1/14 , edited 5/1/14
Yea this show is pretty cool. Yea I agree with the previous posts, its fine if Akari likes him, just stop calling him brother please.




Rito2Ru wrote:

Y'all need to accept the wincest.

...even though it technically isn't.


No, no we do not lol.
80650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 5/1/14
I truly believe people should understand that addressing someone as (older) brother or sister in an Asian culture can be a form of respect.

63076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / NJ
Online
Posted 5/1/14

AnimeKami wrote:

I truly believe people should understand that addressing someone as (older) brother or sister in an Asian culture can be a form of respect.



But Chaika even makes a comment about forbidden love.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.