First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
Post Reply Captain Earth Discussion
30322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/14

Ranger777 wrote:

I'm glad they explained more about the LiveLaster this episode.


Did they really though? lol All we know is what it feels like to fire one and that Teppei calls his "DC" because he hasn't had any bad dreams lately.
498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/28/14

stark700 wrote:

Episode 13


I gotta say, this girl is pretty tough.

The episode itself focused mostly on that Bugbear guy. Somehow, I feel like he's a bit different than others than twins recruited. RIP Kumiko though. She had a lot of death flags already in this show.

Next time looks like a beach episode...sigh although I think Hana has something up her sleeves.


Bugbear is different because he seems to actually miss his human life.
498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 6/28/14

Demimaelstrom wrote:


Ranger777 wrote:

I'm glad they explained more about the LiveLaster this episode.


Did they really though? lol All we know is what it feels like to fire one and that Teppei calls his "DC" because he hasn't had any bad dreams lately.


Well, they explained that Livlasters are actually a type of Singularity power. MAGIC GUNS!
30322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/14

Ranger777 wrote:


Demimaelstrom wrote:


Ranger777 wrote:

I'm glad they explained more about the LiveLaster this episode.


Did they really though? lol All we know is what it feels like to fire one and that Teppei calls his "DC" because he hasn't had any bad dreams lately.


Well, they explained that Livlasters are actually a type of Singularity power. MAGIC GUNS!


Ah ok, I didn't take that seriously. I figured they were lightly joking since they said "recognizing the terror of the Kiltgang is a singularity." Then they decided on how natural it felt to fire was a singularity.

Also, singularity, was this term used in previous episodes? Teppei having a livlaster doesn't seem like it'd have been his 'singularity' if he'd been fully awakened as Albion.
282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/28/14


They made it sound like everything is a singularity really...Im pretty sure Akari's magical girl-ness is a singularity. Or Daichi's talent with a boomerang.
30322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 6/28/14

Archonofshadow wrote:




Haha, the only reason Akari didn't claim as much is because she knows being a magical girl wins over any singularity.
Koda89 
19301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 6/29/14
So Baku/Bugbear has joined theKiltgang, but it is odd. Moco awoken his memories, but I don't think they converted him. Everyone else when they were converted instantly donned an evil grin and took on a new personaloty. Bugbear still seems like he is just Baku. Just pissed off right now.
38632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / ?
Offline
Posted 6/29/14 , edited 6/29/14

Koda89 wrote:

So Baku/Bugbear has joined theKiltgang, but it is odd. Moco awoken his memories, but I don't think they converted him. Everyone else when they were converted instantly donned an evil grin and took on a new personaloty. Bugbear still seems like he is just Baku. Just pissed off right now.


Well Teppei didn't really change. I think Lin stayed the same more or less as well. I think the criteria for keeping your personality is simply whether you want to or not. Ai and Zin weren't really happy with their human lives, so they had the most dramatic transformation.
30322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 6/29/14
I viewed their transformations as the Planetary Gear overtaking the designer child while retaining their memories. It seemed like an entirely new consciousness hijacking their bodies and minds. That's the reason I believed Baku was so afraid of Amarok and Malkin.

Baku was different because of the amount of hardship that formed his resolve and his attachment to Kumiko. In my eyes, either Baku's personality was overwritten and Bugbear gained his emotional attachments and what happened to Kumiko right after totally screwed with his head, or, Baku and Bugbear have merged instead of simply overwriting because of Baku's disciplined mind.

Also, Teppei doesn't change because Albion never activated, Teppei tapped into the ego block's power and ended up destroying it before it could activate... he was definitely afraid of how he would end up being changed or erased if it did.
10433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Alabama, US
Offline
Posted 6/29/14 , edited 6/29/14

Demimaelstrom wrote:



Ah ok, I didn't take that seriously. I figured they were lightly joking since they said "recognizing the terror of the Kiltgang is a singularity." Then they decided on how natural it felt to fire was a singularity.

Also, singularity, was this term used in previous episodes? Teppei having a livlaster doesn't seem like it'd have been his 'singularity' if he'd been fully awakened as Albion.


I think it was meant to be kind of tongue in cheek. In my mind there's basically two different definitions for "singularity" in this show at this point -- the technical one which describes the powers of the Kiltgangs, and the jokey/more general one that they used so much in this episode which I take as more or less meaning "this guy/girl has an unusual talent."

Also we already know what Teppei's singularity was before his ego block was destroyed. It was that rainbow thing, and if I recall right it acted as a sort of shield when he was using it in his Kiltgang. As far as I know he can't use it anymore.

---

As far as Baku goes I get the feeling for sure that he's not necessarily on the side of the Kiltgangs -- he's just angry and feels like he has nothing left so in his mind devouring the world seems like a sensible thing to do, but if given a good reason to I bet he could be convinced otherwise. Likely would need something he feels is worth protecting since that seems to be his thing.

38632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / ?
Offline
Posted 6/29/14 , edited 6/29/14

Demimaelstrom wrote:
Also, Teppei doesn't change because Albion never activated, Teppei tapped into the ego block's power and ended up destroying it before it could activate... he was definitely afraid of how he would end up being changed or erased if it did.


If I recall the criteria for a designer child awakening is exposure to Orgone energy or sharing memories with a child who has already awoken. Teppei should have already met the former requirement by entering the Machine Goodfellow and piloting Albion. That's why Amarok is talking about Albion going insane, because he was not acting in the way that he was supposed to. If you recall Amarok was activated when he used a Machine Goodfellow, something Teppei has already done.

30322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 6/29/14

Deuswyvern wrote:


Demimaelstrom wrote:
Also, Teppei doesn't change because Albion never activated, Teppei tapped into the ego block's power and ended up destroying it before it could activate... he was definitely afraid of how he would end up being changed or erased if it did.


If I recall the criteria for a designer child awakening is exposure to Orgone energy or sharing memories with a child who has already awoken. Teppei should have already met the former requirement be entering the Machine Goodfellow and piloting Albion. That's why Amarok is talking about Albion going insane, because he was not acting in the way that he was supposed to. If you recall Amarok was activated when he used a Machine Goodfellow, something Teppei has already done.



Oh, I thought Amarok and Malkin changed one another when they were talking about the mind reading kiss and did it... I do recall about the orgone energy being a trigger, possibly, but then wouldn't Setsuna (that is the girls name right, the one with the pink squirrel?) also have been activated being used in experiments to generate mass quantities?
38632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / ?
Offline
Posted 6/29/14 , edited 6/29/14

Demimaelstrom wrote:
Oh, I thought Amarok and Malkin changed one another when they were talking about the mind reading kiss and did it... I do recall about the orgone energy being a trigger, possibly, but then wouldn't Setsuna (that is the girls name right, the one with the pink squirrel?) also have been activated being used in experiments to generate mass quantities?

I think they found out the could read each others minds while kissing but didn't know why since their memories were still dormant.

You raise an interesting point on Setsuna, and I can't say why she hasn't activated yet. Hopefully it will make sense later on. My guess would be that just gathering Orgone energy is not an intimate enough connection to affect her. I guess it is remotely possible that she has already regained her memories, but there would need to be an explanation as to why she is not aiding the planetary gears.

30322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Online
Posted 6/29/14 , edited 6/29/14

Deuswyvern wrote:

I think they found out the could read each others minds while kissing but didn't know why since their memories were still dormant.

You raise an interesting point on Setsuna, and I can't say why she hasn't activated yet. Hopefully it will make sense later on. My guess would be that just gathering Orgone energy is not an intimate enough connection to affect her. I guess it is remotely possible that she has already regained her memories, but there would need to be an explanation as to why she is not aiding the planetary gears.



I'll have to go back and rewatch that segment of the episode at some point, but I was under the impression she hadn't ever kissed him until they showed it.

I'd have liked to see another Designer Child do the hand signal with their respective color like Teppei was able to do with the rainbow at the beginning. Maybe seeing Baku's ridiculous ability was enough to say they could all always do it. It's like the trademark "I'm a Planetary Gear now haha!" so maybe he always was and decided against their agenda.

I still believe Albion never made it into Teppei's head though really, just scratched around on the outside, hence Teppei's terror.
38632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / ?
Offline
Posted 6/29/14

Demimaelstrom wrote:

I'll have to go back and rewatch that segment of the episode at some point, but I was under the impression she hadn't ever kissed him until they showed it.

It could have been their first kiss. Really all I was say was that they didn't know why they could read each others minds, which would not be the case if they had their memories.


I still believe Albion never made it into Teppei's head though really, just scratched around on the outside, hence Teppei's terror.

I don't really view the killtgang and designer children as separate entities, instead I see the designer children as being similar to amnesiacs. So under this theory they do not have their bodies taken over by a foreign entity, but instead revert to an older personality which had been lost with their memories. However their experiences as a human have the potential to be more influential to their behavior than the ones they had as a Killtgang. The result being that some of them may not change as drastically once their memories return.

Since there is not really any proof either way it is only speculation on my part. I guess we will see whether or not I am correct. Unless they decide to leave it ambiguous, which is a definite possibility.


First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.