Biggest not a waste of time anime(not necessary good)
4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
It doesn't necessary have to be good, but a plot that make sense as the story progress. For example an anime that doesn't make much sense and leading the viewers to plot-limbo would be something like Pokemon(a kid that never ages why?)

I'll let someone else mention some animes that is worth the viewer's time. I'll just stand on the side for this one.
104101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Online
Posted 3/13/14
Samurai X
71056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14
I'm very confused.

The biggest anime, that's not a waste of time, but not necessarily good, that has a plot that only makes sense as the story progresses, which makes it in some way NOT Pokemon where kids never age, and is worth the time to view.

I'm assuming biggest as in importance, not size/length.

And it doesn't have to be good, but it has to be worth watching (contradiction?).

With a plot that makes sense as you go along.


How about Kara no Kyoukai?

4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14
The problem with "Kara no Kyoukai" is that it seems more like a short story for every episode then a whole story.

and that picture is sexy, it's like a manikin/robot right?
71056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14

DeckardXLeah wrote:

The problem with "Kara no Kyoukai" is that it seems more like a short story for every episode then a whole story.

and that picture is sexy, it's like a manikin/robot right?

It's a puppet in Touko's workshop during the tour she gives Mikiya.

And isn't that the point? You have to watch all the pieces to get the whole story; several movies even overlap with one another. Each film is unique, but they aren't self-contained, and you need all of them to understand Shiki and Mikiya.


If that's not right, do you mean stories that employ amnesia, in medias res, or have a complex mystery to solve?

In that case, there's Casshern Sins.

4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14

Insomnist wrote:


DeckardXLeah wrote:

The problem with "Kara no Kyoukai" is that it seems more like a short story for every episode then a whole story.

and that picture is sexy, it's like a manikin/robot right?

It's a puppet in Touko's workshop during the tour she gives Mikiya.

And isn't that the point? You have to watch all the pieces to get the whole story; several movies even overlap with one another. Each film is unique, but they aren't self-contained, and you need all of them to understand Shiki and Mikiya.


If that's not right, do you mean stories that employ amnesia, in medias res, or have a complex mystery to solve?

In that case, there's Casshern Sins.





I already watched that one IT"S REALLY GOOD yea but I already watched it.
71056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/14 , edited 3/13/14
There's a thread if you're just looking for personal recommendations.

But if I'm on the right track...


There's also Eden of the East.



And Ergo Proxy.

4169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14

Insomnist wrote:

There's a thread if you're just looking for personal recommendations.

But if I'm on the right track...





Well the main purpose of this thread is not just a recommendation thread or which anime you should watch. Rather I want to people to share which anime they've watched which they do not have to find particularly good but no time wasted. Say for example Naruto Shippuden is very good anime and very well reviewed but some viewers find it a time wasting due to the fillers.
13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/14
Okay, I think I get it...strange idea for a thread though

Baccano!


While this tends to be my answer to every question, it has a lightning quick pace and never wastes a second on anything that isn't awesome...
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Online
Posted 3/13/14
Haruhi Suzumiya season "2" it's just a redo of season 1 but they decided to add in the Endless Eight which took one chapter in the manga and half the season of the anime -_-
Sailor Candy Moderator
200577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 12/27/15
"Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no activity since 2014."
You must be logged in to post.