First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
selector infected WIXOSS and selector spread WIXOSS Discussions
243010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/3/14


Canada is on there.

The final announcement for the day, this one for our European fans is selector infected WIXOSS with availability in France and DOM/TOM, Belgium, Switzerland, Andorra, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Canada, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Bahrain, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Egypt, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Libya, Mauritania, Somalia, and Sudan. The series begin airing this Friday April 4, at 12:00pm Pacific Time with subsequent episodes airing every Thursday starting April 10 at 12:00pm Pacific Time
36847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/3/14

stark700 wrote:



Canada is on there.

The final announcement for the day, this one for our European fans is selector infected WIXOSS with availability in France and DOM/TOM, Belgium, Switzerland, Andorra, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Canada, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Bahrain, Cyprus, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Egypt, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Libya, Mauritania, Somalia, and Sudan. The series begin airing this Friday April 4, at 12:00pm Pacific Time with subsequent episodes airing every Thursday starting April 10 at 12:00pm Pacific Time


Yah but when I try to add it to my queue it says the show isn't available in my region. Weird.

109511 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/3/14

curr0001 wrote:

Yah but when I try to add it to my queue it says the show isn't available in my region. Weird.

In a PM to me, Hpulley confirmed that setting French as your language does make it viewable in Canada (along with another show that wasn't expected).

74893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/3/14
Shhhhhh..... it may not get English subs. The other show only has French and German subs and I suspect that English will be missing from WIXOSS as well. This is fine for me as I prefer no subs (which is an available option on the other show) but you may need to know Japanese, French or German to enjoy it here. Funimation may have the only legal English subs available like with the other show.
11689 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/3/14
Huh, CR really did pick it up . Still sucks I can't watch it since South America isn't listed, and the page for WIXOSS says it's restricted in my territory too.
30000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
84 / F / Bite the pillow.
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/3/14
Nuts. No US stream here on Crunchy, eh... I guess I really do have to pick up a Funi subscription. Ah well.. Matter of time anyway I suppose.
36847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/14 , edited 4/3/14

TheAncientOne wrote:


curr0001 wrote:

Yah but when I try to add it to my queue it says the show isn't available in my region. Weird.

In a PM to me, Hpulley confirmed that setting French as your language does make it viewable in Canada (along with another show that wasn't expected).



ahh okay.
77844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / F / Toronto
Offline
Posted 4/3/14 , edited 4/3/14
I'm sure the Europeans on this forum are pointing fingers and going 'ha ha' at this reversal of fortune. Time to brush up on my french I guess. Man this brings me back the BEST shows were ALWAYS on the french channels when I was a kid.
cosham 
17082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Sussex UK
Offline
Posted 4/3/14 , edited 4/3/14
May be good, but not available in the UK, unfortunately that seems to be a recurring theme, for the upcoming season. Ohh well still got the back catalogue to wade through.
63675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/14 , edited 4/3/14

cosham wrote:May be good, but not available in the UK, unfortunately that seems to be a recurring theme, for the upcoming season. Ohh well still got the back catalogue to wade through.
Or, you know, those anime "illegal" sites. The whole licensing for an area thing just seems a bit silly to me. Maybe if we lived in a different world...
27450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / Surrey, UK
Offline
Posted 4/3/14 , edited 4/3/14
Aah well. All that'll happen is what usually happens when someone else specifically gets the UK rights over CR. Torrents and alternative streams will be used, heavily.

1) Many people won't even be aware that there are legit alternatives to CR. This is shrinking a bit but, as a general rule, people still see "not on CR in the UK" as "not in the UK". Right up until the end, people were still treating Kill la Kill as if it wasn't available over here.

2) Some will be aware of alternative services but favour fansubs for platform or scheduling reasons. As a general rule, fansubs may be less convenient than CR but are still often ahead of Animax and Wakanim's current incarnations. (Both have announced future improvements are going to happen, but currently cannot match Crunchyroll's service)
74065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 4/3/14 , edited 4/3/14
Episode 1

A card game where the winner's wish comes true. But there's a catch. Only selected girls that possess a special LRIG card may enter the competition. Ruko's LRIG is a cute little girl who acts like a cat named Tama. First match is Ruko vs. Yuzuki and just when it was getting good, the match is called off by the bell. Pretty solid first episode here. It hasn't gotten dark yet, but I think that the next episode is going to change that.
2037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 4/3/14 , edited 4/3/14

Bakaneer wrote:

Episode 1

A card game where the winner's wish comes true.


.. ah, that story line that's used in many anime, films, manga, and books. Thankfully it's not just "a huge sum of money" or something.
243010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/3/14 , edited 4/3/14
I think I saw the raw earlier and this was pretty average imo besides the themes. Still, I like the fact that the director decides to go with a little different in terms of card playing. Part of it still reminds me of Yugioh though.
74893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/3/14 , edited 4/3/14
Funi has it but not CR yet.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.